Page 255 of 260 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2597
Like Tree23394Likes

Thread: What's making you smile today?

1. Top | #2541
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Last week, for the first time this season, I used the frost-proof sillcock that's mounted on my garage. It wouldn't turn off afterwards and a disassembly showed the aluminum stem's threads had disintegrated. It is three-years-old, but I wasn't expecting to have to replace it so soon as the previous one lasted over 20 years.

I looked at Lowe's website to see if they had the same unit in stock, figuring I could just change the stem and not have to de-solder and reinstall the entire sillcock. I found the item and read some of the reviews and most negative reviews were for the same corrosion problem of the stem.

Rather than leave another negative review, I called the number that was posted by customer service under every negative review. I explained that I was two years out of warranty, but had incurred the same corrosion problem as many others. "No problem sir! Let me have your name and address and I'll ship you a replacement stem made of brass." No receipt, no questions, no hassle, no charge.

That was late Thursday. I received the replacement stem today and I'm smiling!

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	Stem.jpeg†
Views:	17†
Size:	885.4 KB†
ID:	685944
    - Phil -
    1025R TLB - Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

JD4044M†(05-13-2019), rtgt†(05-14-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2542
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    The rain let up for a little bit so I let our Lab out to enjoy sunshine. When I looked out the window she was on her back wriggling down the hill in the front yard. She must have slid 10' before flipping back up.

Sometimes I wish I was a dog.

Treefarmer
    Haha, Oscar the dog does that too. He seems to be having a blast when he's doing it.

Caught him at it recently in fact.

Name:	20190427_140634.jpg†
Views:	7†
Size:	5.34 MB†
ID:	685970

Name:	20190427_140635.jpg†
Views:	6†
Size:	5.36 MB†
ID:	685972
    Last edited by Oscar Leroy; 05-13-2019 at 09:17 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Oscar Leroy For This Useful Post:

JD4044M†(05-14-2019)

6. Top | #2543
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spferdil View Post
    Even with similar computer time I'd always had good vision until I learned I had cataracts about 10 years ago that began affecting my vision. Finally got so bad that I was getting afraid to drive at night so about 3 years ago I had cataract surgery. Wow, what a difference, I could see great again!
    When my Mom had her first cataract surgery; I drove her down to the doctor's office the next day per the care followup instructions. When we left the office my Mom commented how blue her car ('78 sky blue Ford Granada) was. She had her other one done as soon as possible. They have that operation down to a routine outpatient procedure.

I'm glad your replacement went as well as my Mom's.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #2544
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    Last week, for the first time this season, I used the frost-proof sillcock that's mounted on my garage. It wouldn't turn off afterwards and a disassembly showed the aluminum stem's threads had disintegrated. It is three-years-old, but I wasn't expecting to have to replace it so soon as the previous one lasted over 20 years.

I looked at Lowe's website to see if they had the same unit in stock, figuring I could just change the stem and not have to de-solder and reinstall the entire sillcock. I found the item and read some of the reviews and most negative reviews were for the same corrosion problem of the stem.

Rather than leave another negative review, I called the number that was posted by customer service under every negative review. I explained that I was two years out of warranty, but had incurred the same corrosion problem as many others. "No problem sir! Let me have your name and address and I'll ship you a replacement stem made of brass." No receipt, no questions, no hassle, no charge.

Thatís great! Once in a while I will do the same - give the company a call - with the same results.

I also see this a lot when researching something and reading reviews. I guess a lot of people would rather leave a negative review than call the company. Many times, like you saw, the company basically pleads with the negative reviewers to call them so they can work it out with you.

In this day and age when it seems everyone has a phone with them 24/7, why are they so afraid to use it?
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

9. Top | #2545

Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thatís great! Once in a while I will do the same - give the company a call - with the same results.

I also see this a lot when researching something and reading reviews. I guess a lot of people would rather leave a negative review than call the company. Many times, like you saw, the company basically pleads with the negative reviewers to call them so they can work it out with you.

In this day and age when it seems everyone has a phone with them 24/7, why are they so afraid to use it?
    I was thinking along the same lines. I wonder how many of those people that left a negative review bothered to call the company back? Probably a pretty small percentage. Most people probably never go back to where they left the negative review to see if there was a response. Just the fact that the company reads the reviews and offers their 800# says a lot about them.

I need to do my own pro-active "ask the company to make it right" letter. I bought a La-Z-Boy reclining love seat last year. The cushions have worn down in less than a year. I paid to have the upgraded foam and there's no real difference between it and the "standard foam". They've sent technicians out to replace cushions, restuff it, etc. Overall their customer service reps have been friendly, but the problem is that there is no similarity between the chair that I sat in while at the showroom and the one that was delivered. I even went back to the showroom to see if my memory was playing tricks on me. Nope - the ones in the showroom were different. Oh, well. Hopefully after I write my letters to the CEO and the VP of Customer Service, I'll be writing a "why I'm smiling" post.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. Top | #2546

Last Online
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    cataract surgery ... When we left the office my Mom commented how blue her car ('78 sky blue Ford Granada) was.
    Similar results for hubby. But don't think he'd ever admit that he should have had it done years earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Probably because they're so disgusted in the first place about being burned and figure the call will just be the endless "press this for this" and "press that for that" interminable menus just to leave a voice mail that no one returns.

11. Top | #2547

Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Thanks
    It may be raining again, but Iím happy the snow stayed to the north.

12. Top | #2548
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks
    Similar to Oxpath I have a replacement faucet coming from Moen for the bathroom sink. We've had the one that's been in there for about 15 years and it has developed a pinhole corrosion leak in the neck of the spout. Called them this morning to see about getting a replacement spout. But since the spout is not a replacement part they are sending a replacement $138 whole faucet for $26 handling.

It would have been free if I wanted to take the time and find the receipt that is buried in 15 year old tax records. No thanks on the receipt hunt, I will take the $26 charge.

Its not the exact model we currently have since that has been discontinued but it is the closest matching model they currently offer.

Leaky spout....

Name:	20190514_092934.jpg†
Views:	90†
Size:	139.1 KB†
ID:	686058
    332 GT w/ 50" deck, trac vac
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

I heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have a vintage JD smoker!!!

The EPA just loves me.

13. Top | #2549
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Thanks

I just replace the whole unit using SharkBite fittings. Easy peasy!
    Last edited by jdforever; 05-14-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian Quick-Tatch / Artillian pallet fork set/36" forks / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers

14. Top | #2550
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist1 View Post
    Similar to Oxpath I have a replacement faucet coming from Moen for the bathroom sink. We've had the one that's been in there for about 15 years and it has developed a pinhole corrosion leak in the neck of the spout. Called them this morning to see about getting a replacement spout. But since the spout is not a replacement part they are sending a replacement $138 whole faucet for $26 handling.

Leaky spout....

Many years ago (80's?) I put a Moen faucet in my Mom's kitchen as they were billed as better than Delta at the time. The Moen developed a pinhole leak; but up at the top of the spout. I swore off Moen ever since then. We also didn't like the lever operation as the normal mineral buildup increased.

I'm glad they are helping you in such a fashion.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 255 of 260 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast