Like Tree23453Likes

Thread: What's making you smile today?

1. Top | #2551
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 2,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Many years ago (80's?) I put a Moen faucet in my Mom's kitchen as they were billed as better than Delta at the time. The Moen developed a pinhole leak; but up at the top of the spout. I swore off Moen ever since then. We also didn't like the lever operation as the normal mineral buildup increased.

I'm glad they are helping you in such a fashion.
    I was in the wholesale plumbing supply business and sold thousands upon thousands of Moen and Delta faucets among others. It was kind of weird - the city we were located was 100% Moen as far as plumbing contractors. The city 30 miles away was 100% Delta.

My own personal preference was Delta. I did not like the Moen for the reason you state - very difficult to move the single handle once the grease dissipated from the cartridge. The advantage however was the single cartridge to replace vs. the ball, seats, and springs with the Delta. But the Delta was always easy to turn on and off.

Now with my RA I cringe when I come upon a Moen single handle faucet - all but impossible for me to use.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2552

Last Online
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    Had to pick up my tractor this morning. Just a little something since we all love pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05E54EDA-635F-46E3-9DC2-55C36B96B7B3.jpeg
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

4. Top | #2553
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #2554
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    And they call us REDNECK.....

Front wheels 3 feet off the ground and they are still "steering".
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rtgt For This Useful Post:

JD4044M†(05-16-2019)

8. Top | #2555
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    When my Mom had her first cataract surgery; I drove her down to the doctor's office the next day per the care followup instructions. When we left the office my Mom commented how blue her car ('78 sky blue Ford Granada) was. She had her other one done as soon as possible. They have that operation down to a routine outpatient procedure.

I'm glad your replacement went as well as my Mom's.
    Yeah, it's amazing how routine this has become. We have a really good facility nearby that does this and Lasik, and I suppose anything else to do with your eyesight. I've always hoped I'd never have to wear glasses and never did except for readers before I had the surgery, so for the surgery I sprung for the monovision so that I don't even need reading glasses now.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

9. Top | #2556
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thank goodness we have the Third World to entertain us.

For some reason the two New Holland's being used as potter's wheels provided the most chuckles.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

10. Top | #2557
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Thanks
    Wife just got home from her mothers and told me a story about the Lawyer who lives across the street! Seems the Lawyer Husband and Palm Reader Wife bought the place with no lawn just weeds for a front yard? He went and bought a real nice new riding mower and trailer to bring it home with. He went to mow his weeds down and had to put gas in it first. He made it one trip around the yard before the engine seized up due to no oil! Just blows me away they can spend big bucks on a mower and forget to put oil in the engine???
    mjncad, ColonyPark, rtgt and 5 others like this.

11. Top | #2558

Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    Wife just got home from her mothers and told me a story about the Lawyer who lives across the street! Seems the Lawyer Husband and Palm Reader Wife bought the place with no lawn just weeds for a front yard? He went and bought a real nice new riding mower and trailer to bring it home with. He went to mow his weeds down and had to put gas in it first. He made it one trip around the yard before the engine seized up due to no oil! Just blows me away they can spend big bucks on a mower and forget to put oil in the engine???
    Welcome to Walmart. They arenít allowed to pre install the oil.
    mjncad, ColonyPark, rtgt and 6 others like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rydplrs For This Useful Post:

JD4044M†(05-16-2019)

13. Top | #2559

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    I had a miserable boss for a year or two who told me a story about how their riding mower broke in spring so after the grass got ten inches tall he bought another one.
    This guy was huge, and I'm sure he bought a box store special, but the store did put oil in it.
    He put his son on the mower and after a couple tanks it seized up from no oil. (Boss said yes it had oil when they started)
    Box store told him the manual clearly stated to check oil level when fueling during break in and would not warranty...

1, don't buy junk
    2, from box store
    3, always carefully observe new engines

I don't care if you run them hard loaded when new, but check on them.
    mjncad, ColonyPark, rtgt and 7 others like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

14. Top | #2560

Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Thanks
    Unbelievable crap
    etcallhome, rtgt, rydplrs and 3 others like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018 ~ works like a dream

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 256 of 261 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 ... LastLast