Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3149
Like Tree28860Likes

Thread: What's making you smile today?

1. Top | #3071
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    I ordered a 1025r TLB a year and a half ago and the dealer kept saying he will call for delivery when it arrives.

anyone else have this happen to them?
    +
    You do realize how this sounds. Every dealer around here has 2 in stock. A year and a half?????
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #3072

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    You do realize how this sounds. Every dealer around here has 2 in stock. A year and a half?????
    yes, I'm not sure what these 6 dealerships are doing they say they are selling lots of them but the truth is i think they are only interested in the big dollar sales.

Thats why i decided to take a 2032r off the lot and Bh and more and that was two months ago and it still hasn't happened
    Last edited by bfloyd4445; 07-24-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    rydplrs and Herminator like this.

4. Top | #3073
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Thanks

What's making you smile today?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Glad to see it was a very inexpensive part for you.
    Can you tell me if the bad cap showed any evidence of swelling or burning after it failed? Often they expand from internal heat when they go.
    Quote Originally Posted by RodW View Post
    Sorta' like mine did last year?...
    I didn't look at the capacitor close up; but the mechanic spotted the problem right away, which means I'm guessing he saw a small stain. Good grief, that capacitor turned into a charcoal briquet.

yes, I'm not sure what these 6 dealerships are doing they say they are selling lots of them but the truth is i think they are only interested in the big dollar sales.

Thats why i decided to take a 2032r off the lot and Bh and more and that was two months ago and it still hasn't happened
    This sounds more a gear grinder to me; but are you close enough to go to the next state over to get a tractor? What you describe is the problem with Deere forcing the dealers to consolidate into chains is that you really have no alternative if the chain sucks. 18-months for a 10xx TLB?! That kind of customer disservice is why people buy different brands of anything.
    Last edited by dieselshadow; 07-25-2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Removed profanity
    I have more ideas than ambition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #3074
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 05:08 PM
    Thanks

Hang on a second...you are buying something that is physically on the dealers lot, and you haven't got it after 2 months? How is that possible?
    Get a trailer, go to dealer, pay for the tractor, load up the tractor, and go on your merry way. A couple hours...not 2 months.

Something sounds....off.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

7. Top | #3075
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    Hang on a second...you are buying something that is physically on the dealers lot, and you haven't got it after 2 months? How is that possible?
    Get a trailer, go to dealer, pay for the tractor, load up the tractor, and go on your merry way. A couple hours...not 2 months.

Something sounds....off.
    Couldn't agree more, what exactly are they doing to your 2032 and a year and a half for a 1025, they must be a low volume dealer. My dealer (and I mean just the one location that I deal with) probably sell 40-50 1 series tractors every year and except for a few weeks after they sold every single one they had I've never seen their lot without at least a handful.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #3076
    Last Online
    08-16-2019 @ 06:23 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post

Something sounds....off.
    Is Deere financing involved? When I bought my 1025r, the dealer I was buying from gave me a long wait period, then extended it when he told me he sold my BH to someone else!! All because they didn't have every item I wanted in stock at the moment. I got the feeling it was because he only wanted to do the paperwork for the financing after everything was on hand.

So I cancelled that order, went to a dealer closer to my house in eastern NC, and bought the same thing, got it within a week, except for one auger which I went back and picked up myself when it came in.

Buying a tractor is one of the weirdest transactions I have ever been involved in. That first dealer seemed like he didn't even want my money. Some dealers dont seem to care at all.
    mjncad, etcallhome, rtgt and 4 others like this.

9. Top | #3077
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I didn't look at the capacitor close up; but the mechanic spotted the problem right away, which means I'm guessing he saw a small stain. Good grief, that capacitor turned into a charcoal briquet.

This sounds more a gear grinder to me; but are you close enough to go to the next state over to get a tractor? What you describe is the problem with Deere forcing the dealers to consolidate into chains is that you really have no alternative if the chain sucks. 18-months for a 10xx TLB?! That kind of customer disservice is why people buy different brands of anything.
    That's exactly why I now have a Polaris SxS, would probably have bought a Gator had it not been for the way the John Deere dealer screwed me over on my tractor.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

10. Top | #3078

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Thanks
    I ordered a 1025r TLB a year and a half ago and the dealer kept saying he will call for delivery when it arrives. Well i didn't get a call so i called them and gotr the same story. Then time goes by and i realize it been a year so go back to the dealer to jack them up but ended canceling the order and settling for a2032r they had on the lot at one of there other dealerships with bh and other implements and he said i would be ready in a couple of weeks.
    i said ok how about the first of july and the dealer agreed. no call so after th first week i called the and got the same story and no call..... grrr ....I was tired of making trips to the dealer and phone calls so I called JD direct and today i got a call back from JD saying he had talked to the dealer this morning and i would hear from them by the end of the day. Made me smile big time. Day is over and no call......

all JD dealerships in this state are owned by the same company

anyone else have this happen to them?
    +
    First, I'll say that Deere and the dealer are both darn lucky that you gave them a second chance after waiting so long for the 1025. And then for them to jerk you around on the second purchase attempt!?!?!

If that's the way they're going to treat you when you're TRYING TO GIVE THEM MONEY, I hope you don't experienced the same thing if/when you need service. If it were me, after the second jerk around, I would have cancelled that order and bought a Kubota instead! Or even headed to Rural King and bought something!!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

11. Top | #3079
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Thanks
    This:

Have wings, will travel.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2LaneCruzer For This Useful Post:

JDSwan87 (07-25-2019)

13. Top | #3080
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    Buying a tractor is one of the weirdest transactions I have ever been involved in. That first dealer seemed like he didn't even want my money. Some dealers dont seem to care at all.
    When I was shopping for my 4200 in 2001; the Kubota dealer had that same attitude. That particular dealer is long gone too.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 308 of 315 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast