Like Tree30295Likes

Thread: What's making you smile today?

1. Top | #3281

Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    No pictures, but it did make me smile!

Just got back from a family reunion in Upshur County, East Texas. For the last three years, the family fishermen have served fried wild caught catfish. This year they came from Lake of the Pines; previously they came from the Mississippi River, but I guess the high water was not good for fishing this year. In any case, IMHO, there is no comparison between wild caught and farm raised catfish. The wild caught simply taste better. It's almost worth the 350 mile trip for the fish...almost.

But it did make me smile. Reminds me of the days when all you could get was wild caught catfish. I know that when I was a kid, there were commercial fishermen who were allowed to catch and sell catfish from our big lakes. My Dad would occasionally buy some when his luck with the trot line was not so hot.
    I love catfish but all you can get are the farmed ones and the ones from the delta that are so polluted with chemicals they should not be eaten. The problem with farmed are the prions in the pellets they fed them that come from slaughter houses. Parts of animals brains etc.that posibly contain prions are used for fish feed and wild game feeds. The original British Scientist that discovered prions solved the MCD issue in England by convinceing the meat industry and government to stop using these animal parts in human foods like hamburger. The USA said it want an issue here and refused to follow suit for several years. My point being i don't think farmed fish are totally safe to eat because of this practice. I eat only wild fish from uncontaminated waters anymore.
    Will we ever learn to respect the land that gives us life? History teaches us is answer is no.
    rtgt, rydplrs, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    2032r 220r loader with standard bucket and BH hooks, Frontier AV20 root grapple, 3rd function EH200K, dual outlet control valve BVL10882, BLV10881 power beyond, 270B back hoe with BLV10026 16 inch and BXX10246 trenching bucket, Frontier AP11F 42 inch pallet forks, B10 bio ballast

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #3282

Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Thanks
    Finally got to build something that makes me sit back and say “someone paid me to do this” meaning it was fun and didn’t feel like a job. And the compliments from the home owner.

The text are between the homeowner and my wife which runs the show in the company I do 99% of my work. I sent my wife a picture and she sent it to the homeowner

I built the mirror and helped install it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DBA85F0E-C383-47DB-8192-A5DE8B2B3CCA.jpeg   BEE099C2-AB74-4376-89A0-EEF418648644.jpeg  
    mjncad, ChrisR, rtgt and 15 others like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

4. Top | #3283
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    Finally got to build something that makes me sit back and say “someone paid me to do this” meaning it was fun and didn’t feel like a job. And the compliments from the home owner.

The text are between the homeowner and my wife which runs the show in the company I do 99% of my work. I sent my wife a picture and she sent it to the homeowner

I built the mirror and helped install it
    That has to make your day. Probably .0001% of contractors get texts like that. Your pride in your work shows.
    mjncad, DRobinson, rydplrs and 4 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Herminator For This Useful Post:

Littlegreenmachine (10-09-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #3284

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 04:00 PM
    Thanks
    My beloved 3520 is at the Deere dealer getting the A/C fixed, so I went and test drove a cabbed 5055E at a used dealer nearby. Oh sweetness!!!
    DRobinson, rydplrs, OxPath and 6 others like this.

8. Top | #3285
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Thanks
    I sent snottygrams to my state and county politicians over their attempts to kill the oil and gas industry in Colorado.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

9. Top | #3286
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:42 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I sent snottygrams to my state and county politicians over their attempts to kill the oil and gas industry in Colorado.
    Good luck with that. I think they are joined at the hip and you ain't!

My killer grandkid gifted cold is going away and I have to play in a presidents cup golf match this morning . Currently 35 degrees with 50* at tee time. Man up and play with a flask of Fireball in the bag for medicinal purposes of course!
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

10. Top | #3287
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 1,212 Posts
    I check my Lottery Tickets minutes ago and one is a winner.

After yesterday's $6 purchase on said tickets, I'm down ↓ only $3.
    mjncad, DRobinson, pappa and 11 others like this.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

11. Top | #3288
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    Good luck with that. I think they are joined at the hip and you ain't!
    In the past I would agree with you on that; but drilling permits are down 60% as a result of the new law passed this year.

Even if my snottygrams have no long term effect on the crooks; just needling them makes me happy, especially when I get one on the hook that responds to me.
    56FordGuy, pappa, rydplrs and 6 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

12. Top | #3289

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Thanks

Grind the B - - - - - - Down

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    In the past I would agree with you on that; but drilling permits are down 60% as a result of the new law passed this year.

Even if my snottygrams have no long term effect on the crooks; just needling them makes me happy, especially when I get one on the hook that responds to me.
    Go ahead and chew on them, Lord knows the other side does it enough. I doubt you will have any immediate impact but perhaps over time they will at least look at things with a more balanced viewpoint.

Oh, and please don't run those politicians out of state. The rest of the country already has plenty of nutcases in office.

Treefarmer
    mjncad, 56FordGuy, pappa and 8 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

mjncad (10-12-2019)

14. Top | #3290
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:42 AM
    Thanks
    Went to the doctor yesterday and he said he didn't hear any problems when he checked my lungs from this killer cold. He gave me a pneumonia shot in the arm and cleared me to play golf. The arm was now sore and I had to give my younger opponent 19 strokes before even hitting the ball. I won the match on the 17th hole and advanced to the next round. Thank God and Benjamin Franklin for their roles in advancing beer as a medicinal cure for what ales one.
    Last edited by pappa; 10-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    mjncad, rydplrs, OxPath and 6 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements