Like Tree459Likes

Thread: When "I" Win The Lottery,,,

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks

When "I" Win The Lottery,,,

I will buy each active member of GTT a 2 Series of their choice,,,

Then,,, well,,, I guess I need a recommendation as to what to do with the other 90% of the

Any I D E A S ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Good topic.
    Need to think about it for a while...................
    BTW Thanks, two tractors are better than one.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Disappear.

Seriously, there's no way a person could win that kind of money and continue to live their day to day life like they always have. Everybody you've ever known will want some, everybody that you've never known will be after you for their charity, and you'd be walking around with a giant 'sue me' target on your back.

If I won that kind of money, I'd buy a giant ranch in the middle of nowhere through a trust or LLC, then cut off all contact with the world for a few months or even a year or two so the fuss could die down. Guess it's a good thing I didn't buy a ticket, seems like all that would be awfully disruptive.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Disappear.

Seriously, there's no way a person could win that kind of money and continue to live their day to day life like they always have. Everybody you've ever known will want some, everybody that you've never known will be after you for their charity, and you'd be walking around with a giant 'sue me' target on your back.

If I won that kind of money, I'd buy a giant ranch in the middle of nowhere through a trust or LLC, then cut off all contact with the world for a few months or even a year or two so the fuss could die down. Guess it's a good thing I didn't buy a ticket, seems like all that would be awfully disruptive.
    About says it all, your normal life and a lot of what you consider fun would be a thing of the past.
    That kind of sudden wealth would be a bear to handle, if not impossible to handle for most of us.

Still ain't going to stop me from dropping another 2 bucks for next Wednesday though, it's one of those
    "Ya just got to give it a shot for 2 bucks" things.

It's kind of like the old adage of a dog chasing a car, what the hell he's going to do if he catches it?
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

7. Top | #5
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Thanks
    Yep, seriously way too much money.
    New vehicles, and new house with no payments! Good enough for us.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Thanks
    I'd buy GTT and become a moderator and give myself thousands of green bars under my name!
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 14 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pappa For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (01-10-2016)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks
    Great question. My wife and I have talked about this quite a few times. First off, we only buy a few lottery tickets, but we really don't expect to win the big prize. We're happy with ANY return, even if it is only $1.00. That being said ... we always say "it would be nice". The other thing is that if we ever did win, it would probably only be a share with other winners expected.

We also worry about how we and our family would become targets for those want more than they have earned or deserve. Not a pleasant thought.

We'd probably keep a small amount for a more than comfortable retirement, take care of our kids and grandchildren, brothers, sisters and close cousins, etc. and give the rest away to various charities of our choice. Regarding family, I personally don't think that our 30 something kids are ready to "retire" just yet. We could make their lives easier, make sure the grandkids will have a college fund, etc. but they should continue working. Reducing the so-called stress level of everyday life is one thing, but letting them sit back and live off of "family money" is not going to happen with "my winnings".

For me and my wife, we talked about getting a new car, fixing the roof and getting the driveway re-paved. Not that we can't do this now, but winning the lottery would just get me off my a$$ and get it done.

Odds of winning are so small that we don't really get into much further detail. It's just entertainment.

But I do repeat ... It would be nice ...
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks
    It is way too much money. It's enough money that people would kill for it. That's something to think about too. I have 2 places to hide. Really how do you even begin to figure out how to control that much money? How do you find people you can trust? Just putting in the bank won't work. that much cash would make the mattress lumpier than all get out.

I know it's more the dream than the chance of winning. If I won I'd be a ghost for a long time. I'd be off to Walmart to buy all their burner phones.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks

Bolt on hooks,

[QUOTE=CADplans;551625]I will buy each active member of GTT a 2 Series of their choice,,,

Then,,, well,,, I guess I need a recommendation as to what to do with the other 90% of the

Any I D E A S ??

[/QUOTE

You're going to make some dealers very happy as well as all of the new owners. I guess you could go all out and add Bolt On Hooks, maybe a Piranha bar, hydraulic top links etc.

For your own personal use, maybe one of each model that JD sells, plus the large building to store them in heat and AC comfort. That would have to be located on property large enough to run all that equipment around and you would need the equipment wash building and supporting facilities. That ought to take care of the first year's interest anyway.

To spend the full amount, look at buying a small to medium size country. . .or donate it to pay off something like 0.0067% of the national debt. (may have my percentage off, but 1.2 billion is unimaginably small compared to 18 trillion.)

I too will spend another $2.00 but it's scary when you think about actually winning.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

13. Top | #10
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I'd inform my boss that I am going to only work part-time, but I would still work. I'd give some to charity, but I'd fly more places that I have never landed, with my own airplane and see what transpired. No doubt that I'd visit many of my friends here on GTT, and I'd buy all of the beer!

Once the government got their share in taxes, it wouldn't be as much as you think. That's what gets so many into trouble, they do not understand that the money still is not limitless. So, I'd do the above, and put some back in a separate account to have on hand in case of an accident or other medical emergency, and drop the health insurance that I am now forced to carry.
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 11 others like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast