Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Insurance commercials on TV

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks

Insurance commercials on TV

My wife and I don't watch many TV shows but it's usually on as background white noise. I noticed several years ago that the insurance companies really ramped up TV advertising....kind of reminded me of the TV advertising during the long distance telephone company wars during the 1980's. I assumed the insurance TV commercials would fade away but there's simply no end. And, the themes are increasingly goofy.

I suppose insurance is an exceptionally lucrative business that's attracted a lot of competition....but these nutty commercials make it easy to power off the TV.
    2011 Deere 3720 Cab | 2007 Deere 3720 Open Station | 1974 Deere 2030 | 1980 Deere 2440
    1998 Massey Ferguson 240S | 1975 Ford 3000 | 1972 Ford 2000 | 1964 Oliver 550
    1958 International Cub LoBoy | 1956 Ferguson F-40 | 1954 Allis Chalmers WD45
    X720 Ultimate | X540 | GT225
    2014 825i Deere Gator | 2007 850D Deere Gator

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    You got that right.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    In all of 2015, I think I watched less than 20 hours of TV. I can't stand all of the commercials and most of the shows just plain stink. I do like Football, and watch when I can, but normally only during the playoffs.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 1 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts
    I used to like the geico ones, until progressive came along with flo, now liberty has a good one where their standing bawling about their new car all smashed up cause they didn't take any gap ins. out on it, and it got totaled and they won't completely pay it off. I've heard flo and progressive spent the most money advertising out their.
    Levi likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    I used to like the geico ones, until progressive came along with flo, now liberty has a good one where their standing bawling about their new car all smashed up cause they didn't take any gap ins. out on it, and it got totaled and they won't completely pay it off. I've heard flo and progressive spent the most money advertising out their.
    Just remember , all the commercials mean one thing, HIGHER rates. Doesn't matter home or auto, check the smaller companies get the ones with good ratings and you can same your self a LOT of money. At least I was able to have had one claim and no questions asked and no higher rate.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

It started with Esurance and AFLAC. Both of those agencies were leaders in Internet insurance and now companies need to keep their name in the minds of customers when they go online for insurance.

Tom
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    I wonder what's really going on with these insurance companies. I took out Allstate insurance when I bought my house, in 1972 and also covered all of my vehicles. A couple years ago, some gal from Allstate came out, took pictures of the house...got a letter a few weeks later, saying that if I didn't trim my trees and replace my roof they were going to drop me...after 40 or so years! I told them that if that's the way they treat their customers, they could stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Went with an independent agent; got more coverage, cheaper.
    Have wings, will travel.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    I wonder what's really going on with these insurance companies. I took out Allstate insurance when I bought my house, in 1972 and also covered all of my vehicles. A couple years ago, some gal from Allstate came out, took pictures of the house...got a letter a few weeks later, saying that if I didn't trim my trees and replace my roof they were going to drop me...after 40 or so years! I told them that if that's the way they treat their customers, they could stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Went with an independent agent; got more coverage, cheaper.
    2lanecruzer; nationwide did that sort of thing maybe 20 some yrs ago, checking every ones homes for safety things that hadn't been looked at in say yrs. and yes they took pics too. my family on my dads side has been with nationwide since the 40's. me-I've been with them since 1976-too long, but kinda scarced to change over.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Allstate= A-holes and crooks. Same experience here. That company has as much integrity as a dog in heat. My story is worse than yours but I haven't taken my blood pressure meds yet so I can't get into it yet. Did I say they were A-holes?
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and Levi like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    Allstate= A-holes and crooks. Same experience here. That company has as much integrity as a dog in heat. My story is worse than yours but I haven't taken my blood pressure meds yet so I can't get into it yet. Did I say they were A-holes?
    When they were owned by Sears, they were a good company. I think they have been independent for about 20 years and have evolved into something else.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast