RARELY do i ever get sick, but........
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree56Likes
  • 9 Post By Bill Berger
  • 9 Post By Dingeryote
  • 3 Post By Gizmo2
  • 8 Post By tj1
  • 8 Post By Old Cajun
  • 7 Post By johnH123
  • 5 Post By Bill Berger
  • 5 Post By farmgirl19
  • 2 Post By Bill Berger

Thread: RARELY do i ever get sick, but........

  1. Top | #1
    Bill Berger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Location
    Duplin County, NC
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 186 Times in 99 Posts

    RARELY do i ever get sick, but........

    The wife picked up some kinda' "bug" Saturday, and was nice enough to pass it on to me yesterday.
    I cannot remember the last time I was so sick and had diarrhea and vomiting at the same time.
    Most "bugs" are of the bacterial virus type, and my main "go to" for that problem is a product called "FISH MOX".
    It's a bottle of 100 capsules, and each capsule is 250mg of Amoxicillin. It's actually a product for treating bacterial infections in pond fish, but, it's the same exact medicine a doctor will charge you $100.00 for his visit and give you a prescription for a dozen or so pills that cost near 'bout $40.00.
    It's distributed by Thomas Laboratories out of Arizona.
    Well, long story short, she's still sick, and I took 2 pills ( 500mg total ) yesterday, and I'm 85% back to "normal" already.
    Here's the website if you care to explore it.
    Pet Health Products - Dog - Cat - Fish - Farm
    Of course, my "disclaimer" is it works for me. And the price including shipping was somewhere around $26.00 if memory serves me correctly.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Dingeryote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    12-24-2016 @ 10:23 PM
    Location
    Covert Mich.
    Posts
    770
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 91 Times in 75 Posts
    Bill,

    Sorry to hear your Goldfish got a nasty cold.

    We keep a supply of aqua cultural anti-biotics on hand as well. Just in case the fish start sneezing and such, and the Vet isn't available.;)

    Advice I got from a Vet, was toss them in the freezer and they are viable for 10 years or better. He did some lab work at the local Pill factory, before retiring, and found no significant loss of efficacy even past that point.
    I was kinda impressed to learn that.

    Good luck with the cold.
    I normally go for a big batch of Chili with 4-5 Onions, and 3-4 bulbs of garlic, plus tactical nuke level hot peppers.
    I rarely get nailed with a bacterial issue.
    Hard to get a Goldfish to gag down Chili when they do though.
    Last edited by Dingeryote; 01-20-2016 at 07:02 AM.

  4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,166
    Thanks
    5,769
    Thanked 3,946 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Subscribe....
    Levi, BigJim55 and Bill Berger like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    tj1
    tj1 is offline
    tj1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    3,875
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 304 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    The wife picked up some kinda' "bug" Saturday, and was nice enough to pass it on to me yesterday.
    I cannot remember the last time I was so sick and had diarrhea and vomiting at the same time.
    Most "bugs" are of the bacterial virus type, and my main "go to" for that problem is a product called "FISH MOX".
    It's a bottle of 100 capsules, and each capsule is 250mg of Amoxicillin. It's actually a product for treating bacterial infections in pond fish, but, it's the same exact medicine a doctor will charge you $100.00 for his visit and give you a prescription for a dozen or so pills that cost near 'bout $40.00.
    It's distributed by Thomas Laboratories out of Arizona.
    Well, long story short, she's still sick, and I took 2 pills ( 500mg total ) yesterday, and I'm 85% back to "normal" already.
    Here's the website if you care to explore it.
    Pet Health Products - Dog - Cat - Fish - Farm
    Of course, my "disclaimer" is it works for me. And the price including shipping was somewhere around $26.00 if memory serves me correctly.
    Wow, sorry to hear about the vomiting and diarrhea issues Bill, Been there done that for sure, but consider this, it could be worse. Picture the diarrhea and restless leg syndrome at the same time! Your stuck on the seat yet your legs want to run away.. Get better and my question to you is; did you hear of this Fish Mox from someone or did you try this on your own? If you tried it on your own you are a brave man...
    Last edited by tj1; 01-20-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Jeff

    X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

  7. Top | #5
    Old Pa-pa Old Cajun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    10,877
    Thanks
    779
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    The wife picked up some kinda' "bug" Saturday, and was nice enough to pass it on to me yesterday.
    I cannot remember the last time I was so sick and had diarrhea and vomiting at the same time.
    Most "bugs" are of the bacterial virus type, and my main "go to" for that problem is a product called "FISH MOX".
    It's a bottle of 100 capsules, and each capsule is 250mg of Amoxicillin. It's actually a product for treating bacterial infections in pond fish, but, it's the same exact medicine a doctor will charge you $100.00 for his visit and give you a prescription for a dozen or so pills that cost near 'bout $40.00.
    It's distributed by Thomas Laboratories out of Arizona.
    Well, long story short, she's still sick, and I took 2 pills ( 500mg total ) yesterday, and I'm 85% back to "normal" already.
    Here's the website if you care to explore it.
    Pet Health Products - Dog - Cat - Fish - Farm
    Of course, my "disclaimer" is it works for me. And the price including shipping was somewhere around $26.00 if memory serves me correctly.
    Our veterinarian, wife's cousin, uses Amoxicillin all the time for our "furries", seems to be very effective and works quickly.
    Gives it in liquid form to be given with an eyedropper, a thrill to do with the cats.
    Last edited by Old Cajun; 01-20-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pappa and 5 others like this.
    Neil

    2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

  8. Top | #6
    johnH123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,364
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 327 Times in 276 Posts
    thats one thing i figured out not to long ago... that pet meds are half the cost of human meds but are the same thing.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

    Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

  9. Top | #7
    Bill Berger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Location
    Duplin County, NC
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 186 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftaylor View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear about the vomiting and diarrhea issues Bill, Been there done that for sure, but consider this, it could be worse. Picture the diarrhea and restless leg syndrome at the same time! Your stuck on the seat yet your legs want to run away.. Get better and my question to you is; did you hear of this Fish Mox from someone or did you try this on your own? If you tried it on your own you are a brave man...
    Actually, some years back I was having a bad tooth, and "out on the road" with my work.
    I knew it was abcessed, and did NOT want to pay for a dentist away from home-base, kinda' like a vehicle break-down away from home, you just KNOW the outta' town dentist is going to do the same to you as the local outta' town garage.
    So, I researched online for Amoxicillin, and Thomas Labs came up on the screen choices.
    Did a bit of research on the lab, viewed the "details" of this particular product, and it was a no brainer from there.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Berger For This Useful Post:

    ColonyPark (01-20-2016), Gizmo2 (01-21-2016)

  11. Top | #8
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,562
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Bill Berger; There is one flaw in your posting. You said it was "bacterial virus" type. Those are not the same thing! And furthermore, antibiotics do not work on viruses, only bacteria, and only if the bacteria is not resistant to the antibiotic. Have you heard of the flesh eating bacteria, for which no antibiotic works? How about "super bugs"? Those have all come about, because of the indiscriminate use of antibiotics, both over prescribed by doctors, and overused in feed lots for years. The other problem is people that do not take their full prescription. They get to feeling better, and stop it. If you begin an antibiotic, you really must take a full cycle of it. Amoxicillin is almost worthless in humans, due to all of the above factors. And believe me, if it doesn't work, the antibiotic you will need will be PRICEY!

    And the fish antibiotics may not have to pass the same purity tests, as other pharmaceuticals. That's why they are cheaper. Some things to consider.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

    If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

    Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

  12. Top | #9
    tj1
    tj1 is offline
    tj1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    3,875
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 304 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    Actually, some years back I was having a bad tooth, and "out on the road" with my work.
    I knew it was abcessed, and did NOT want to pay for a dentist away from home-base, kinda' like a vehicle break-down away from home, you just KNOW the outta' town dentist is going to do the same to you as the local outta' town garage.
    So, I researched online for Amoxicillin, and Thomas Labs came up on the screen choices.
    Did a bit of research on the lab, viewed the "details" of this particular product, and it was a no brainer from there.
    Bill thanks for the response. One more question; any side effects such as wanting to be in water, run away from snapping turtles etc.? In all seriousness, I have a friend that has an ear infection right now like I had last year for two months and I should pass this along and see if it will work for him.. I can see the amoxicillin working for a lot of things. This is a very interesting surprise as far as I am concerned. Thanks.. Jeff
    Jeff

    X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

  13. Top | #10
    Bill Berger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Location
    Duplin County, NC
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 186 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    Bill Berger; There is one flaw in your posting. You said it was "bacterial virus" type. Those are not the same thing! And furthermore, antibiotics do not work on viruses, only bacteria, and only if the bacteria is not resistant to the antibiotic. Have you heard of the flesh eating bacteria, for which no antibiotic works? How about "super bugs"? Those have all come about, because of the indiscriminate use of antibiotics, both over prescribed by doctors, and overused in feed lots for years. The other problem is people that do not take their full prescription. They get to feeling better, and stop it. If you begin an antibiotic, you really must take a full cycle of it. Amoxicillin is almost worthless in humans, due to all of the above factors. And believe me, if it doesn't work, the antibiotic you will need will be PRICEY!

    And the fish antibiotics may not have to pass the same purity tests, as other pharmaceuticals. That's why they are cheaper. Some things to consider.
    FG, at the time, I just wanted some relief, and I figured it would either get me that, or the worse that could happen is that I died, then I wouldn't have ANY worries. "The Devil loves a coward", lol.
    It worked for me, that's all I can say.
    Gizmo2 and tj1 like this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •