I need some advise on neighbors......
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I need some advise on neighbors......

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks

I need some advise on neighbors......

I have a neightbor accross the street that I used to hang out with often. Both him and his wife worrked for GM. His wife is 10 years older than him and he retired from GM around 50. Ever since I have known them, his wife has been a nosey little bitty. She has nothing to do all day but sit in her home and talk about people. I have tried to avoid her as much as possible. Over the last few years she started to venture over to our home and tried to cause drama between me and the neighbors. I think this is something they used to do at the shop when they worked there. So I fianally said, hanging out with him is not worth the drama she brings with it and I stopped going over. She then came over to our home on a daily basis telling me how much he missed me coming over and telling me I have to go back over. That pushed me away further. That was about a year or so ago.

I should say, that I became a person over there who did 90 percent of the labor for them. If something needed to be moved, they called me. If they needed anything done in the house, they called me and expected I drop what I was doing and go over. I enjoyed helping and hanging out with him, so it was no big deal. It got to a point where I felt used rather than like a friend.

Here is where I need help:
    This gentleman has property a ways away and did not have a good way of getting his quad to his property. I told him he could use my trailer if he stored it. This is a small 600 dollar trailer. I also said I expect that I will be able to use it also, so don't bury it in your barn. Well, I have not needed it since I let him use it 3 years ago and he has stored it. But, I do need it now and not talking with him for the last year has me skeptical on going and getting it.

I know that she will spread the word around the "hood" that I took it away from him for some reason. I am seriously thinking of going and buying a new trailer to avoid the drama. So, should I go get my trailer from him or should I go buy a new one?

All the neighbors know this lady and all but one hate her. The one she gets along with also worked at GM and I think she has some serious mental issues.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    I'll bet your neighbor has wondered why you havent come to get your trailer. I would go get it and let the chips fall where they may. The other neighbors probably have learned to pay her no nevermind.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-07-2018 @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    I heard Sevin and Wasp and Hornet spray works.

Oh wait, wrong thread.
    lreagan12 likes this.
    Andy B.

1966 110 Lawn Tractor
    2012 2520 - DELIVERED 27APR2012!!!

Tractor that I used to own - 1954 40 Utility
    KB3WPN

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks
    It sounds like this trailer has a plate on it. Do you keep the registration and pay property taxes on it? Do you want to continue storing it over there? I would think you ought to call the guy up and discuss it as if you get another trailer you wouldn't keep paying the registration and taxes would you plus some liability if the trailer isn't properly maintained and some incident occurs. Maybe the registration is a one time thing in your state.

fran

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    I never plated the trailer as it was off road use only for me. I used to for planting trees and moving items in my field. He transfers a plate from another trailer over to it when he uses it.

Brian

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Brian,
    It seems to me you are a victim of being a nice guy. Being a nice guy should not include you suffering because of your character. I seem to get caught up in all that myself and way too often. Just maybe the people you think are your friends aren't really your friends. Like rgd says, let the chips fall where they may.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 AM
    Thanks
    Brian,
    I agree with the others - go over and get your trailer. Let him know you got it. With metal prices being up, what was a $600 trailer years ago is a lot more today.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Brian:

Add me to agreeing with the others. If the old gal gets hacked off at you for retrieviing something that belongs to you, you haven't lost anything and gained a trailer. Maybe she will get mad enough to leave you alone completely. Makes no difference what she says about you - I'm sure your other neighbors know you very well.

Don
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

11. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Brian:

Add me to agreeing with the others. If the old gal gets hacked off at you for retrieviing something that belongs to you, you haven't lost anything and gained a trailer. Maybe she will get mad enough to leave you alone completely. Makes no difference what she says about you - I'm sure your other neighbors know you very well.

Don
    I couldn't agree more. Sometimes you have to put the nice guy thing aside. Hopefully in the end you can still be friends with your neighbor, maybe not the wife though... Sounds to me that she's going to make it dramatic either way.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Brian,
    It seems to me you are a victim of being a nice guy. Being a nice guy should not include you suffering because of your character. I seem to get caught up in all that myself and way too often. Just maybe the people you think are your friends aren't really your friends. Like rgd says, let the chips fall where they may.
    I can't agree more. Brian, as you know, there are certain circumstances where women are involved that a guy has no chance of winning. Believe me, I have been there before and it isn't fun at all.
    There is a man that I once considered a friend, and that friendship evaporated after his wife decided to be dishonest and he had no back bone to stand up against her dishonesty. You try to be nice to some people and due to their mindset they interpret kindness as a weakness and they'll try to milk it all day long.

Sorry you are having difficulties. As said before, there are women who are good at their game and will turn on you in an instant.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast