Thread: Daytona Bike week 2016

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 05:49 PM
    Thanks

Daytona Bike week 2016

Is anyone going to Daytona Bike week?
    - Mike Bell
    2016 - 3039r Factory cab - 84" Woods box blade , 61" FEL - I-match - 2" Receiver - loaded rear AG (R-1) tires - 59" snow blower- 48" pallet forks - 84" Power angle rear blade
    2014 - 1025r TLB
    60" auto mowing deck, titan pallet forks, 1.5" rear wheel spacers, v bar tire chains, 3 Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks and 3 attaching clevis.
    1967 round fender 110 with snow blade ( restoration in progress)
    1965 round fender 110

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 995 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KE8LW View Post
    Is anyone going to Daytona Bike week?
    Nope. Not this year. Got the rallies out of my system years ago. Did have a good time in Daytona, Laconia, Sturgis, Milwaukee and Myrtle Beach over the years though. Ever since Ms. SGS started riding her own bike she's uncomfortable being in or around large crowds. I've got to say, I don't miss the lines, lack of parking and expensive hotels and restaurants that go with the territory. We do take a couple of bike trips out to Ohio every year. No more 700 mile days though. We usually do it over a couple or three days. Most of our riding is usually limited to day trips or weekends when going out together. I did take a couple of weekend trips with a neighbor last year but he's got a couple of young kids, a boat and a summer place in Laconia. Good place for a destination ride and cookout in the Summer!

If you do go to Daytona "Ride Safe!"
    etcallhome, rtgt, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Not this year
    But it's supposed to be a warm week here so I may get some riding in-Wednesday high of 74 predicted, a few friends and I are already planning to play hooky and go riding.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    05-30-2017 @ 03:50 PM
    Thanks
    I'm heading down today to do some coastal riding, I think its a great break after winter to get away, and yes the weather looks like its gonna be great down there and not to bad up here next week also

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    04-18-2019 @ 07:01 AM
    Thanks
    Not this year due to the difference in the dollar and expensive motels.
    Current: 3320 HST cab with 59" front blower, Hydraulic chute deflector, Vertical Exhaust, Front Fenders,
    Grooved and loaded Front and Rear R-4's
    External Mirrors, Jensen Bluetooth Radio / Headset. Front Hydraulics
    Whelen warning lights, JD366 front blade
    Gone: X595 with heated cozy cab,stainless vertical exhaust

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    I have not been to Florida yet alone the rally. I have friends who has wintered in Florida and the 'blue hair factor' was scary to off the charts scary. Still, I may go sometime in the future.

I do however feel the older I get I hate large crowds. While I like to people watch and enjoy the bikes, it gets old fast. People who don't normally ride in groups and or drink beer do both in excess.

To those who ride do so like everyone is out to kill you. I do. I ride a lot and will continue to do so but man 'cagers' texting and face booking while driving is really taking the fun out of the ride.
    Last edited by UnionSchnauzer; 03-06-2016 at 02:46 PM.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 995 Posts
    Hoping all my GTT friends who ride have a great season. Enjoy the road and as always, Ride Safe!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old MC Poster.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	143025
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionSchnauzer View Post
    People who don't normally ride in groups and or drink beer do both in excess.

To those who ride do so like everyone is out to kill you. I do. I ride a lot and will continue to do so but man 'cagers' texting and face booking while driving is really taking the fun out of the ride.
    I was just reading a story in the Wall Street journal recently where the Feds were in a near panic because there has been a "substantial increase" in motor vehicle accidents, injuries and deaths in 2014 and 2015. They were calling an "emergency meeting" to convene all of the authorities to discuss the matter.

Gee, let's stop for about 1.1 seconds and think about exactly what has changed in the last 2 years to result in increased accidents and traffic deaths..........DISTRACTED DRIVERS. The reason for the increase is crystal clear, distracted drivers screwing with their text messages, phones and I have even seen a few "taking selfies" while driving, not to mention all of the usual make up application, kids distractions and for those young and in love, well you know........Like what happened to Chevy Chase and his wife in one of the "Family Vacation" movies, let's just say it involved a Hummer and I am not talking the H1, H2 or H3......

It has gotten me so concerned that I have put off buying another motorcycle and has me reevaluating my riding. Just today, I was almost hit head on downtown in a 25 mph zone, by all people, the City Police officer who was obviously looking down and to his right and typing on the computer with his right hand. The guy I was going to meet at lunch was behind me and he was really surprised. When I stopped, my friend says "That guy should have come back and apologized to you for almost killing you." Yeah, like that would ever happen.

Also, the greatest increase in the accident rates in the reports I have seen is with the 16 to 29 year old drivers, the one's who for the most part can't put their phone's down long enough to do anything else. Take the drivers with the least skills and experience and add in a lifestyle which for many is built around Wastebook (aka Facebook)and Uber and everything else online and there you have it.........The worst increase in motor vehicle accidents in 50 years. Missouri is a typical example where the serious accident rate increased 11% just in 2015. The fatality rate hadn't really increased since the seat belt laws were passed 30 years ago and when MADD got really mad.

We used to worry about drunk drivers. Now I just worry about all drivers....... Here are just a few of the stories.

https://kobi5.com/news/oregon-sees-s...cidents-22065/

Increase in Motor Vehicle Crash Fatalities in 2015

Deaths in car accidents increase in Colorado

The list goes on and on........ I have told my wife that if someone kills me while I am riding and it is clear that their negligence is the cause, make it a mission to financially destroy the responsible party, not to mention criminally prosecute them. This new "indifference" to the importance of driving is unacceptable and completely avoidable and must be corrected.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,584 Posts
    Off subject for one thing, yesterday going to Cumberland, Md (55-60 miles) at least 5 people passed me either with a tablet ,phone and one with a book laying on the steering wheel. Then coming home I came through Frostburg at least 3-4 kids (either college or high school ) was holding the phone at the top of the steering wheel driving toward me. NUTS

Wifes cousin and her husband are in Daytona for Bike week, been going for guessing the last 15-20 yrs maybe longer.

Planning on selling my 05 Burgman 400 ,right at 6700 or 6900 miles, too many toys .
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts
    gee, I hate to get off topic here, but-I can remember working down and around the Washington, D.C. area in the mid-eighty's, and on our way from the shop to the job site, their was lots of women then putting their make-up on, people reading the paper. wasn't any cell phones then we saw. what or why the Government wait so darn long till now. back to ur normal broadcasting!!!

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast