Gator ride

Thread: Gator ride

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,608 Posts

Gator ride

Wife,daughter and grandaughter left for a gator ride this evening. I decided to stay at home, since grandaughter and I had gone on a 2 hr ride this afternoon.
    Kept wondering where they were it was 8:15 and grandaughter needs home to get ready for school tomorrow. Found out about a min later got a phone call from daughter ,,,RAN OUT OF GAS ,,about 3miles from home. So I took gas to them ,wife and I brought gator home ,daughter and grandaughter brought our car.
    I'm guessing next time they will check the amount of gas in tank or maybe not.. wishful thinking !!!!
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-24-2013 @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks
    Woops! That's something that won't happen twice!
    2005 Deere 110 TLB - 3rd function loader, 3 rear remotes, thumb, top n tilt
    2000 Deere 5410 - 541 SL loader, 2 rear remotes, canopy
    2005 Deere Diesel HPX Gator - homemade cab, snow plow, hydraulic dump
    1953 Farmall Cub - front plow
    1984 Ford F8000 - Cat 3208 Diesel, 5+2 transmission, 8 yard dump
    2006 GMC 4500 Topkick Pickup outfitted by Monroe Truck

Everyone has a fair turn to be as great as he pleases - Jeremy Collier

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    I am not sure what gator you have, but my old 850D XUV was easy to overlook the fuel guage. I cannot tell you how many times I happened to look down after out int he field and see the needle resting on E. Many times I would misread the guage thinking empty was full. I can see how easily that can happen.

I am hoping the new diesel model has the same dash as the gas model as I believe it has the fuel guage right in front of you.

On edit: I researched and JD does not have the digital dash on the 855 because it does not have an ecu like the 825i to feed it information. I will still be happier cruising around knowing the engine is not turning 5,000 rpm's all the time.

Brian

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well the wife bought the xuv550 S4 4 seater Mid Duty.. The only way to tell how much fuel is to look back and under the rear seat. There is a 1" or 1 1/2" wide slot in panel to show the side of the fuel tank.
    Thankfully I stated home or we would've been calling the FIL to bring us some gas or I would have been walking down to the house guessing it would have taken 45-60 min to walk home . At first I was thinking 3 miles it was closer to 5 .
    Saying about the fuel gauge on gator sounds like the one on the 1026r being down on fender instead of on the dash. I won't say I hate the gauge on fender but I'm not totally happy either. I've misread mine on the 1026r , It's good when your filling the tank you can see tell how much fuel is in the tnk.
    I did do the 50 hr maint tonight befor they left for ride and I did fill it up. 3 grease fittings checked front and rear diff . I did find the front diff low by 2 oz. guessing it must have been low or close to being low when it was delivered.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-11-2015 @ 11:27 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Well the wife bought the xuv550 S4 4 seater Mid Duty.. The only way to tell how much fuel is to look back and under the rear seat. There is a 1" or 1 1/2" wide slot in panel to show the side of the fuel tank.
    Thankfully I stated home or we would've been calling the FIL to bring us some gas or I would have been walking down to the house guessing it would have taken 45-60 min to walk home . At first I was thinking 3 miles it was closer to 5 .
    Saying about the fuel gauge on gator sounds like the one on the 1026r being down on fender instead of on the dash. I won't say I hate the gauge on fender but I'm not totally happy either. I've misread mine on the 1026r , It's good when your filling the tank you can see tell how much fuel is in the tnk.
    I did do the 50 hr maint tonight befor they left for ride and I did fill it up. 3 grease fittings checked front and rear diff . I did find the front diff low by 2 oz. guessing it must have been low or close to being low when it was delivered.
    Glad you got them back safe and sound.

Were your filters on tight? How 'bout the hex bolt on the trans filter screen?
    2012 1026R, 60D Auto-Connect MMM with mechanical lift, H120 FEL, Frontier RC2048 Rotary Cutter and my trusty Stihl FS55 grass and weed pulverizer.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    oil filter when I changed it wasn't tight and trans diff nut wasn't all that bad. Pretty easy service for this one. Hardest part was adding fluid in front diff. Then I remembered I had a suction type plunger with 1/4" hose . When I change frnt fluid at 100hrs I might take the front wheel off just to make it easier to see what is going on.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements