Man, all I wanted/needed was a couple of wrenches.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Man, all I wanted/needed was a couple of wrenches.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks

Man, all I wanted/needed was a couple of wrenches.

So I texted my old classmate now MAC Tool man and told him I needed another 1 1/16" wrench and maybe a crowfoot in the same size. So I caught up with him tonight. He has a pole barn a few blocks from me he stores his truck in. I mentioned I need to get a snap ring pliers. He said he had just what I needed, at a great price. He picked up 20 of these sets at the Mac Tool Show in Vegas. Had only two left. The pressure was on! Damn you Ghandi! (Ghandi is his nickname since high school).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4020.jpg   IMG_4021.jpg  
    Last edited by UnionSchnauzer; 03-17-2016 at 03:25 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UnionSchnauzer For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (03-17-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionSchnauzer View Post
    So I texted my old classmate now MAC Tool man and told him I needed another 1 1/16" and maybe a crowfoot in the same size. So today I caught up with him tonight. He has a pole barn a few blocks from me he stores his truck in. I mentioned I need to get a snap ring pliers. He said he had just what I needed, at a great price. He picked up 20 of these sets at the Mac Tool Show in Vegas. Had only two left. The pressure was on! Damn you Ghandi! (Ghandi is his nickname since high school).
    you will like them snap-ring pliers set. my oldest son had a set that looked just like urs-only his was bought around 2009-or 2010.

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-09-2018 @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    I've had the same set (with different colored plastic grips) for about 15 years and love them. It's my go to every time and I've yet to have to call in a warranty claim on one. You won't regret dropping the cash on them. Congrats on the new tools!!! Mac was always my favorite. I think it was just because I liked the dealer better than snap on or matco, and my guy never pushed a sale. He would just show you what he had and leave it at that. I probably spent 20 grand with him over the years and don't regret any of it. Service and quality has always been what it's about for me and my Mac guy always did a better job at both than his competitors. Again, congrats!
    1025R, 60"mmm with hydraulic lift option,H120 loader with 53" FEL bucket, 260 backhoe, JD ROPS lights with Artillian horse blinders, Kenny's bucket hooks and clevis attachment for backhoe, ROPS mounted LED light bars x 2, 54" everything attachments box blade, JD 655 tiller, 60" rear blade , piranha tooth bar, 3 pt drawbar and trailer mover,

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks
    Yeah, now that's a snap ring plier set.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blue87fj60 For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (03-17-2016)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    I can recall a frustrating moment or two when I would have loved to have a set like that...and I don't even claim to be a mechanic.
    Levi, UnionSchnauzer and tj1 like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

10. Top | #6
    tj1
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    So I texted my old classmate now MAC Tool man and told him I needed another 1 1/16" wrench and maybe a crowfoot in the same size. So I caught up with him tonight. He has a pole barn a few blocks from me he stores his truck in. I mentioned I need to get a snap ring pliers. He said he had just what I needed, at a great price. He picked up 20 of these sets at the Mac Tool Show in Vegas. Had only two left. The pressure was on! Damn you Ghandi! (Ghandi is his nickname since high school).
    Nice, I have the same set. If I am correctly reading between the lines here you received them for a nice fat 0.. price tag, if so, great for you, so buy your friend a nice whatever he drinks or eats! reciprocation is the best way to deal.......
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftaylor View Post
    Nice, I have the same set. If I am correctly reading between the lines here you received them for a nice fat 0.. price tag, if so, great for you, so buy your friend a nice whatever he drinks or eats! reciprocation is the best way to deal.......
    Ha, we are good friends-so I got them for $30.00 off. I hate visiting his truck. I go in there for one or two things and $400+ later.

He does hook me up with some swag. I don't really buy a lot of stuff from him. Last year, I spent a lot with him. I was probably the last guy in the free world who is not Generac dealer/service technician. So I really had to focus on more automotive type tools. He stopped by around Christmas time with nice 30 some piece security bit driver set, a stocking hat, a magnetic calendar, and something else that escapes my mind.

He always gives me 10% off. While that would insult my queen. Anything below 50% just ticks her off. Me, and the world I live in, 10% is righteous bucks.

isaac
    BigJim55, Marlin and tj1 like this.

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-24-2016 @ 12:37 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like a good set schnauzer. Did he make a deal and would that deal be good for any of the rest of us since he has multiple sets?

Where I used to work, the shop had any kind of snap ring pliers you can imagine, but I don't know if the shop where I think I will be working will be supplying them.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Doc

5045D
    Gator 825i
    Other Green and Yellow products

Sergeant US. Army 1968 to 1971

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MBDiagMan For This Useful Post:

bearfoot (03-17-2016)

14. Top | #9
    tj1
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Ha, we are good friends-so I got them for $30.00 off. I hate visiting his truck. I go in there for one or two things and $400+ later.

He does hook me up with some swag. I don't really buy a lot of stuff from him. Last year, I spent a lot with him. I was probably the last guy in the free world who is not Generac dealer/service technician. So I really had to focus on more automotive type tools. He stopped by around Christmas time with nice 30 some piece security bit driver set, a stocking hat, a magnetic calendar, and something else that escapes my mind.

He always gives me 10% off. While that would insult my queen. Anything below 50% just ticks her off. Me, and the world I live in, 10% is righteous bucks.

isaac
    Good friend Isaac... and I hear ya , I need to stay away from tools.. $$$$
    There is always something you don't have but someday may need!! And 10% is righteous.. Have a good one and I do like your avatar,, if I could only get my wife's cat to do that!!!!!! Damn thing would attack me if I tried!
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
    Looks like a good set schnauzer. Did he make a deal and would that deal be good for any of the rest of us since he has multiple sets?

Where I used to work, the shop had any kind of snap ring pliers you can imagine, but I don't know if the shop where I think I will be working will be supplying them.
    Sorry Doc, I forgot to respond.

He had one set left when I left that night with mine.

Ghandi would most likely let you have them for the same price I paid which was $30.00 off but I'm guessing shipping to the great state of Texas from Michigan would eat that up and maybe more. He purchased $73,000.00 in tools that day at the show. That was how he could get a better price and pass the savings on. It is about the only way he can give discounts on tools. His hands are tied by district managers. It protects territories.

If you have a local MAC Tool rep and if he/she purchased those kits then I would be sure they could save you the $30.00. Ghandi said there were a total of like 880 independent dealers like himself there (out of 1,300). They purchased a combined 32 million in tools at that show. Wow. Wow. Just wow. Should be some deals out there!

isaac
    BigJim55 likes this.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast