Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Camping In The Snow

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks

Camping In The Snow

Camping at Lake Louise Alberta. Beautiful weather,calm and about 35 F. Lots of snow in the campground but the way down was pretty dry until we got about half hour from the campground. Great steak supper and a couple of brews and all is well.

RandyM, glc, etcallhome and 23 others like this.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvel Loafer For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (03-24-2016), SulleyBear (03-24-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Very nice, C.L.

Makes me miss my camper. Wife and I were taking about buying another.

Have fun. Don't over exert yourself.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------
    " If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"?
    - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Thanks
    Great time of the year to camp, no bugs.
    2006 JD 3520
    300CX
    I-Match
    Frontier BB2272
    Frontier AF11E-6 Way Snow Blade
    Frontier SS1079 Poly Spreader
    ABI Classic 50 Manure Spreader
    Speeco Model 65 PHD
    Land Pride- Rotary Deck Mower
    Rimguard 610 lbs
    Ballast Box 510 lbs
    Artillan Forks
    Kens Bolt On Hooks.
    2012 JD Gator 825i
    Deluxe Cab with heat

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Thanks
    I have to hand it to you Canadians. I'll bet you could have fun even in hades. The steak and the beer look good, but camping in the snow for me is something akin to waterboarding. Now here's my idea of camping; an evening at the beach in San Juan Puerto Rico, a room at a nice resort, a Rum and Coke any my wife of 50 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0051.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	152273
    Have wings, will travel.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 957 Posts
    I agree 2lane and we just put a deposit down on a camper. When I saw carvel's pic of his dinner, I thought yum and I always like to see pics of the lil loafer. But when I saw the pic of Mrs. Carvel sitting at the snow table, I thought better them than me! Enjoy your time away carvel loafers.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhill View Post
    Great time of the year to camp, no bugs.
    And not many other campers!
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like a nice day in the snow. I camped there several times in the early 70's minus the snow. Gizma has got nothing on you guys as far as dinner menus go. I would definitely eat at your diner compared to Gizma's on a shingle special.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Had an overnighter in the mountains while in boot camp. Mountains get cold at night. First time in my life (20 years old at the time) that I knew where every bone in my body was because every one was cold. Didn't know we had so many bones. Glad you're enjoying your camping but I'm one of the ones that says...better you then me.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

vacruiser (03-25-2016)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Had an overnighter in the mountains while in boot camp. Mountains get cold at night. First time in my life (20 years old at the time) that I knew where every bone in my body was because every one was cold. Didn't know we had so many bones. Glad you're enjoying your camping but I'm one of the ones that says...better you then me.
    Back when I was an adventurous youth we would backpack into snow country and sleep on space blankets on the snow. We would wrap a hot rock from the campfire in a towel and put it in our sleeping bag to stay warm. I really thought it was fun back then. Now I like to sit in front of the woodstove with a cold one and watch the snow fall OUTSIDE!
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Looks like a great time!

What is the length of the Lil Loafer?

Sure hope you didn't have to shovel the area to clear out the dinner / fire pit area as that looks like it could have been a project. I showed Mrs. Bear the picture of your wife by the fire and my wife replied "She even looks happy!" Which is to say that Mrs. Bear wouldn't be in those snow conditions. I think your trip looks like a good time. Plus you guys know how to eat.

A couple of years ago, I was riding my Harley, pulling a small fold down camper behind it and I was in the Jackson, Wyoming areas and then went onto Yellowstone in the 2nd week of May. I was one of just a handful of riders on a motorcycle in Yellowstone that time of year. One night, I woke up and felt especially cold and noticed the tent portion of the trailer right above me was bowed down. I unzipped the door and was surprised to find about 6" of new snow everywhere.

I had a Deluxe version of the Time Out Camping trailer, which is a really nice unit. Even being 6'4" tall, there is plenty of room for standing up and the bed was queen sized. The trailer is well made and easy to set up and has a surprising amount of room for it's folded down size. The bed is separate from the floor and "living area" which is nice because I had a table set up in there with two folding chairs and we could play cards or watch TV when the weather was poor. Here is a link to their website, they are out of Elkhart, Indiana.

Camper Trailer

There is absolutely no way I could talk Mrs. Bear into camping, let along snow camping. Heck, I couldn't even get her to ride a snowmobile. She would always just wave and say "have a great time", which I did...........

Stay safe and enjoy your trip! Bet you had your pick of the campsites, well, at least from the one's which were near the plowed road.
    Carvel Loafer, rtgt, Levi and 1 others like this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast