Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Inquiring about help from central Indiania GTT members

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Thanks

Inquiring about help from central Indiania GTT members

My Brother in North Carolina is purchasing my RD8400 Woods mower like this image snagged from the web.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mower.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	160770

The mower specs (roughly): wt: 800#, width: 7'6", length: 5'. We are working on the details of transporting from Iowa to North Carolina and the Uship bids have come in with the lowest about $1,100. That seems outta line given that neither of us is in any kind of a hurry to get it from .A ->-> .B.

I've been kicking around the idea of loading the mower in my truck, meeting him half way and transferring it to his, and that's where I need help.

Central Indiana is midway and I'm looking for a GTT member that has the ability to lift and transfer the mower between trucks. We're thinking about making a weekend trip out of it and move this ourselves. If you can help or would be willing to assist, reply or PM me and we will see where this goes.

Thanks in advance!
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    I cant help with an Indiana transfer, but regarding uShip just hold out for a lower price bid. When I bought my 455 from TN and needed it shipped, I was getting crazy offers too but ended up settling on $400. You also might want to check Fastenal for quotes, they are really reasonable but would require it be on some type of pallet so they can handle it easier (that would help with any carrier).
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:19 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    My Brother in North Carolina is purchasing my RD8400 Woods mower like this image snagged from the web.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mower.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	160770

The mower specs (roughly): wt: 800#, width: 7'6", length: 5'. We are working on the details of transporting from Iowa to North Carolina and the Uship bids have come in with the lowest about $1,100. That seems outta line given that neither of us is in any kind of a hurry to get it from .A ->-> .B.

I've been kicking around the idea of loading the mower in my truck, meeting him half way and transferring it to his, and that's where I need help.

Central Indiana is midway and I'm looking for a GTT member that has the ability to lift and transfer the mower between trucks. We're thinking about making a weekend trip out of it and move this ourselves. If you can help or would be willing to assist, reply or PM me and we will see where this goes.

Thanks in advance!
    I can help with the lift and transfer. Sounds like fun.

Tim
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tractor Tim For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (04-14-2016), Kennyd (04-09-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:31 PM
    Thanks
    If you can not find an Indiana member, I am north (MI) 16 miles from the Indiana toll road. If you want to swing that far north I have a tractor/loader
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zebrafive For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (04-14-2016), Kennyd (04-09-2016)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I cant help with an Indiana transfer, but regarding uShip just hold out for a lower price bid. When I bought my 455 from TN and needed it shipped, I was getting crazy offers too but ended up settling on $400. You also might want to check Fastenal for quotes, they are really reasonable but would require it be on some type of pallet so they can handle it easier (that would help with any carrier).
    You nailed it Kenny, he settled on one for about half of the original. I was actually looking forward to a road trip. It's hitting the road this morning.

I'd like to thank the fine members here at GTT that offered to help, that in itself is pretty darn cool!!
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Wait...WHAT?? Fastenal ships things??????? I thought they were just an excellent source of FASTENers.
    farmgirl19 likes this.

11. Top | #7
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,584 Posts
    Yup. They have a great shipping service that is pretty darn competitive if not cheap compared toniest freight outfits.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrmn View Post
    Wait...WHAT?? Fastenal ships things??????? I thought they were just an excellent source of FASTENers.
    They do, to some areas. They require items to be dropped off and picked up at their store, but not all their stores have freight service. I tried to get a quote to have a 1" drive socket set shipped from Utah, there are two stores in Cheyenne but the lady said they did not offer freight service to them.

In the past Greyhound bus lines would carry some freight, but nothing too large to be handled by one person. Not sure if they still do.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrmn View Post
    Start here: https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third...ogistics-(3pl)

Smart business move if you ask me, they already have trucks delivering to stores so why not make better use us them.

Its pretty convenient too because the shipper and shippee can drop off/pick up the item at their leisure (within reason of course, like during regular store hours) and not have to wait all day for a truck to arrive.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    You nailed it Kenny, he settled on one for about half of the original. I was actually looking forward to a road trip. It's hitting the road this morning.

I'd like to thank the fine members here at GTT that offered to help, that in itself is pretty darn cool!!
    That's great!

What I learned was they (uShip) try to get you to accept the higher bids buy sending you all these emails about what a "fair" price may be to ship your item and how your offer is to low and such...but it you hold out you'll get a good deal.

No surprise really, the higher the settled on price the more uShip makes in fees
    DRobinson and farmgirl19 like this.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast