Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Taking a fast from negativity

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

Taking a fast from negativity

Do you get tired of all the negative stuff on tv, the internet, and the newspaper? I sure do. That's a good reason why I watch less and less of the news programs on tv and have limited my internet time to mainly sites like this and workshop addict.

I'm not faulting people for watching the gossip sites and programs, but a person's mind will continue to play back all that info and feed on it even when they are asleep.

Another thing that bugs me are all the lawsuit advertisements on certain tv channels.

One of the few things I look forward to reading in the newspaper is the Car Talk column with Tom and Ray in Saturday's paper.

Any of you guys have similar thoughts?

mustangary likes this.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to green and red man For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (10-25-2012), Kennyd (10-24-2012), mustangary (10-24-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green and red man View Post

Any of you guys have similar thoughts?
    Yeeuup, sure do.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 2,601 Posts
    I don't focus on the negative. I try (and not always successful) to always keep a great attitude. I still watch the morning news and keep up with the day to day happenings. I also listen to a nationally syndicated radio show called "the free beer and hot wings show." These guys are funny, but they talk about today's topics but in a down to earth way like the guys at the bar or something. They talk about dumb stuff too, but I think they kinda do a reality check for me and keep things balanced if you know what I mean. Life's too short to be mad and twisted up over little stuff. I also find that if I treat people as good as I can, I usually get treated very well in return and have a great day.

Sometimes a little alone time in the shop with a wrench, grinder, welder, or some seat time can do me wonders as well.

I hear your 70 calling your name....
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    I don't focus on the negative. I try (and not always successful) to always keep a great attitude...I also listen to a nationally syndicated radio show called "the free beer and hot wings show." These guys are funny, but they talk about today's topics but in a down to earth way like the guys at the bar or something. They talk about dumb stuff too, but I think they kinda do a reality check for me and keep things balanced if you know what I mean. Life's too short to be mad and twisted up over little stuff. I also find that if I treat people as good as I can, I usually get treated very well in return and have a great day.

Sometimes a little alone time in the shop with a wrench, grinder, welder, or some seat time can do me wonders as well.

I listen to the same morning show.

I don't watch much on TV, especially the news. It's an old quote, but if it bleeds it leads! That gets old. I get most of my news online, and at the top of the hour radio broadcasts. Couldn't tell you the last time I read more than a few lines of a newspaper. I'm worn out on all the negativity just like you describe. I'll spare you long, boring, semi philosophical answer.

Do something you enjoy, help other people when you can. Let the rest of the world take care of itself.

And as always, your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by 56FordGuy; 10-24-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Ever wonder why I'm on this forum? It's almost like a breath fresh air compared to all the negativity in the world today.
    It certainly isn't cause I like you guys or anything mushy like that. I have turned over a new leaf since I got into trouble.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Ever since my first TV tape recorder in the mid '80's (now DVR) I've left the drone of advertising fiddle faddle, lying political twaddle, news tomfoolery fluff, and all of worsening biased network TV "situational 'comedy'" behind. If it ain't on Turner Classic movies, Science, History or Discovery it's not on my viewing list. I MIGHT watch some national financial resource suckin' PBS show once in a great while (NEVER Sesame Street's freaky yellow bird!) AND maybe Book TV and History stuff on the C-Spans, but absolutely NO JUNK NO MO' NO HOW!

I like to think my avoiding TV commercials is an act of Personal Revolution which someday could spread across this nation and bring it back from the brink of absurd blandness... Nah, never happen...! (I won't even watch a John Deere commercial no matter how green the guy's grass is!) You know, I notice I don't need to pee as much, have less heartburn, I lose less hair, have far less itching "down there" and I no longer feel the need to call a lawyer to help me sue God for my bum eyesight and toe fungus! Try it, you'll like it... Let's all DVR together and save Mankind!
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    I have been sick that last 4 days and in bed most of it. I had no choice but to watch crap. Once I ran out of Duck Dynasty it was normal TV. It started to get fun switching between Fox News and CNN and listening to the same story but with their own interpretation. Its sad, but news is all about entertainment and money now.

Brian

11. Top | #8
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have been sick that last 4 days and in bed most of it. I had no choice but to watch crap. Once I ran out of Duck Dynasty it was normal TV. It started to get fun switching between Fox News and CNN and listening to the same story but with their own interpretation. Its sad, but news is all about entertainment and money now.
    Newsweek magazine to stop printing Newsweek Will Cease Print Publication at End of Year - NYTimes.com
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    Everyone will stop. Giz, the end of the world is Dec 21st......

Brian

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post

Think I heard it too. It's sitting outside under the canopy of a large tree and even though I was tired, I went out in the dark with a flashlight to tinker with it. There's an uninvited guest staying under the house ( a skunk) and after one person got chased by it recently, I kept looking around to make sure it wasn't nearby.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast