Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I do not like thieves

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

I do not like thieves

Sometime over night, my friend's truck was stolen from her back driveway. She is an elderly widow and parks what used to be her husband's truck in the very back of the property. It was backed up to the shop and was sitting in the same spot as usual. Whoever stole it, rammed the locked iron gate in order to flee. When I got the phone call about it this morning, to say I was mad was not sufficient. She seems to be taking it better than I am. I know she is scared,but she has lived in the same area all these years and does not have the option of just moving away.

The area has drastically changed over the years and lately I've been helping law enforcement to address some areas that badly needed attention. Just heard that several arrests were made because I had the courage to help spread the word about suspicious activities. I was told that my life might be in danger because of it, but someone had to do something. Some folks were too afraid to get involved. Not patting myself on the back or anything. I just won't be intimidated by criminals.

We can't prove that this truck theft is connected, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Sometimes there may have been posts where I seemed grouchy and it is partly due to what I've been dealing with. There's more that I can't really discuss on here.

Despite all of it, we're staying positive and upbeat. There are some folks that won't be intimidated and scared off.

Last edited by green and red man; 11-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    Good for you brother! Doing what's right sometimes takes guts. Do you have any friends that go "bang?"

It's hard to keep a level head in these situations. Please be safe...
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

green and red man (11-15-2012)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Good for you brother! Doing what's right sometimes takes guts. Do you have any friends that go "bang?"

Thank you. Yip, it has not been easy at times to keep from getting upset. There have been a couple times I was told by law enforcement that myself and others were overreacting and that it wasn't as it appeared.

I won't tell them, "I told you so", but I'm sure there are some in uniform who remember me and would rather not be reminded that they were wrong.

Just wish that her truck hadn't been stolen. She has been quite afraid and I've tried to help where I could. There's more going on that wouldn't be appropriate to tell on here, but I just felt like maybe I should say something.

And, yes, I have some of those things that go "BANG".

fdmars likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Good going, g and r man. Far too many people are willing to stand by and allow criminal activity take place. It takes someone with a pair to step in and actually act. Our country needs more people like you.

Stay safe.

Don
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

green and red man (11-15-2012), Uncle Wayne (11-15-2012)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-16-2018 @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post

where i live is out in the country and my Philosophy is that out here i am 911 and gun control is a good steady aim and a trigger pull. and see since it would take 20 min for the police/fire/paramedics you have to use your second amendment to protect your family and property. i haven't had any problems with theft the only thing is people spotlighting (them having a gun is unknown) on my property/edge of road no wild life has been taken yet its happened twice but it aggravates ya to know that people can come on your property

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jd1023epro For This Useful Post:

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks
    When this sort of thing happens it terrorizes people. I think that if some of these criminals were charged with terrorism and treated as the terrorists that they are, it might feel more just. In Canada we have wissy laws that prevent any form of justice to the public or the victims, we protect the criminal (terrorist) more than the public.

Ah, ya got me going now, good on you G&R!
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvel Loafer For This Useful Post:

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Thanks
    My mother & I have a farm 30 miles from home, the house is beyond use. I started to tear it down years ago, but there was not enough good materials to make that worth while. I had put a small wood stove on the enclosed front porch as a place to get in out of the weather when I was out there in the Winter. I was out there last Sunday deer hunting, when I left I noticed a back porch door was open. Turned out, four doors were stolen from the house! Monday I went back & got the wood stove & what few other items I might use, I expect the thieves back after the wiring sometime.

Only thing that really surprises me is that it hasn't happened sooner! ~~ Lowell

14. The Following User Says Thank You to grnspot110 For This Useful Post:

15. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    That's a bummer, hate that happened to your friend. I despise thieves. You did the right thing just cya and be careful.
    Wayne
    2013 JD 4520 CUT with 400X FEL
    1942 LA John Deere
    1910 John Deere Freight Wagon (restored)
    1946 John Deere Series 300 two disk plow

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wayne For This Useful Post:

17. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,945 Posts
    Good for you G and R Man and I'll say thank you.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

19. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grnspot110 View Post
    My mother & I have a farm 30 miles from home, the house is beyond use. I started to tear it down years ago, but there was not enough good materials to make that worth while. I had put a small wood stove on the enclosed front porch as a place to get in out of the weather when I was out there in the Winter. I was out there last Sunday deer hunting, when I left I noticed a back porch door was open. Turned out, four doors were stolen from the house! Monday I went back & got the wood stove & what few other items I might use, I expect the thieves back after the wiring sometime.

Only thing that really surprises me is that it hasn't happened sooner! ~~ Lowell
    Thieves will steal anything they think they can make a buck on. Maybe have the electric turned on so when they come and get the wiring, they get quite a jolt, literally.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T-Mo For This Useful Post:

green and red man (11-15-2012), grnspot110 (11-15-2012)

21. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast