• 2 Post By Carvel Loafer
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: So Close to Desert Trip

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks

So Close to Desert Trip

Tickets to Desert Trip went on sale yesterday at 11:00 am local time. Mrs.C was on at 5 minutes after 11 and was in que for almost 5 hours and all tickets were sold out for both weekends. Ticket resellers are all over the web now fleecing the public marking up the price by 300% and more.

The regular price of $400 each wasn't bad for The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney , The Who, Bob Dylan, Niel Young, and Roger Waters all over three nights.

Attachment 176730
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:14 PM
    Thanks
    Should be a great time!!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Should be a great time!!
    Yeah, too bad they sold out before we could get tickets. And I refuse to feed the bottom feeder resellers who grab thousands of tickets to fleece the public with afterward.
    etcallhome and SulleyBear like this.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvel Loafer View Post
    Yeah, too bad they sold out before we could get tickets. And I refuse to feed the bottom feeder resellers who grab thousands of tickets to fleece the public with afterward.
    A few of the artists are now starting to take action and are controlling how their tickets are sold to prevent their fans from being fleeced and the scammers from making a bundle off of helpless fans. Kid rock is one who has adopted a $20 ticket price and he gets a percentage of the concession revenue and is taking other creative measures to reward his fans and strike at the scalpers.

Incidentally, he is going to be at the Buffalo Chip this August at Sturgis, South Dakota. You pay the basic camping charge and it includes admission to all the concerts. It is a great deal. I usually buy the entire 12 day tickets for $399 per person. This isn't too terribly far from you and the venue is very unique. You don't have to be a biker to go to the concerts and to enjoy the facility.

Look at the line up of bands this year.

3 Doors Down August 6th
    TBD...........August 6th
    Kid Rock August 7th
    Leon Russel August 7th
    Lynard Skinner August 8th
    Ellie King August 8th
    August 9th concerts to be determined
    Reverand Horton Heat, August 10th
    TBD.............August 10th
    Miranda Lambert, August 11th
    TBD............August 11th
    TBD..............August 12th
    TBD..............August 12th
    Weird Al Yankovich August 13th
    TBD................August 13th

The Buffalo Chip draws big name talent year after year. They are still filling in spots right now which is typical. They have two concerts each night on the main stage and another two concerts each night on smaller stages. Your basic camping ticket provides entry to all of the concerts. You can upgrade to VIP and other perks if interested. But 16 concerts for $399 base fee per person is hard to beat.

You can go to this link and see the actual entertainment which has performed each year at the Chip .....Buffalo Chip - Prior Bands 1982-2014

Here is a link to the Buffalo Chip's facility website. I have been there a dozen times or so and I have tent camped and stayed in my Diesel Motor Coach. The weather is so unpredictable it can be 100 degrees one day and 40's the next. You can dry camp if you desire and they have 30 and 50 amp electricity and water in many of their campground sites. Their offering cover the range of basic to luxury. You can even rent a fully stocked and supplied new camper and simply ride up and stay and leave when you are done. They have Many options to meet most needs.

Buffalo Chip-Sturgis Rally 2016, Camping, Concerts, Events, Info, South Dakota, Campground, Full Throttle Saloon, Bike Shows

Kid Rock scalps his own tickets for $20

Kid Rock Talks $20 Concert Tour | Billboard

Sturgis and the Chip offers something for everyone, I have picked the
    following Smiley's based upon my personal experiences there......

Carvel Loafer likes this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Carvel Loafer(05-11-2016)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements