Interest in other members Profile Pages
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Interest in other members Profile Pages

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts

Interest in other members Profile Pages

I am curious what prompts other GTT supporters and members to go to the personal profile page of other users. This isn't a technical question as much as it is a "How / Why Others use it this way" question.

For me, it's usually to see the location of the other member at that time if they are online. Other times, it's to find out the threads where those specific members are posting.

For the most part, the members who's Profile Pages I have visited are frequently in the same threads as am I. But when I look at the list of those who have visited my profile page, some of those who have visited my page are unknown to me, which is what prompted me to pose this question.

I have also visited others personal pages to try and figure out why someone's user name was selected. For example, I was CONVINCED that ZebraFive was probably a "Active Special Forces Operative" and a shadowy figure with such a unique code name. Turns out that I was wrong about my assumptions and his reason for selecting his name was far less "descriptive", and much more realistic than I imagined...... But he is still a great guy who I hope to meet in the real world soon.......When I shared with him why I thought he had selected his User Name, I imagine he thought my reasoning for his name was a little "over creative", and he was right, again.

Perhaps there are valuable ways to use the profile pages which haven't occurred to each of us which I am hoping will be revealed and explained in the responses to this new thread.

Also, are there features or options on the Profile page which others would encourage us to use, based upon their visits and the information they may be seeking? Do those members who have selected friends communicate differently with the friends through frequent PM's, or is it merely a recognition of common interests? I get the feeling I am not using the Profile page as I could to get the most out of my "GTT experience". I am hoping others will share ideas which benefit us all.......

So if anyone has suggestions, thoughts or comments which can improve the GTT experience for all of us, I am all ears.......Well, not ALL ears, but certainly open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your response.
    Levi, BigJim55, jdmich and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Thanks
    I look at profile pages usually to find out the person's occupation and hobbies.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I look at profile pages because that's where the ban button is on Tapatalk.

Kidding. I rarely look at profile pages, but curious to see what info others are interested in. I'm not even sure what's on mine, maybe I should go look into that...
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    I look at profile pages because that's where the ban button is on Tapatalk.

Kidding. I rarely look at profile pages, but curious to see what info others are interested in. I'm not even sure what's on mine, maybe I should go look into that...
    Same here.
    Levi, BigJim55 and SulleyBear like this.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    I think the only times I've looked at someone's profile page is when they post something like "...as I mentioned in the other thread...".

If I go look at their profile I can usually figure out which other thread they were talking about.

A think a couple of times I knew someone had posted a link that I wanted to find so same sort of thing. Rummage around in their posts until I find it...
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks
    Nosey
    farmgirl19, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I look at profile pages usually to find out the person's occupation and hobbies.
    Me too. I find it interesting to see the different backgrounds we all are from (career wise). Of course I usually find I am in a place that is out of my league.......
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    That's pretty much me too. I often will read a post that I find interesting or provocative and I want to see where the guy is coming from.
    Have wings, will travel.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    That's pretty much me too. I often will read a post that I find interesting or provocative and I want to see where the guy is coming from.
    Yep same here. Sometimes if I am in the SmartA$$ mode I will look at their profile and some of the posts they have made to see if they may take offense to my comment. Email or replies are hard to see someone's face so I try to be careful and mindful of that. I would never want to intentionally slam someone. There are too many good folks on here that are willing to open their minds and help someone out regardless of who they are. But be mindful, I am not afraid to come off the porch when barked at.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    Yep same here. Sometimes if I am in the SmartA$$ mode I will look at their profile and some of the posts they have made to see if they may take offense to my comment. Email or replies are hard to see someone's face so I try to be careful and mindful of that. I would never want to intentionally slam someone. There are too many good folks on here that are willing to open their minds and help someone out regardless of who they are. But be mindful, I am not afraid to come off the porch when barked at.
    Yep, me too. This site is wonderfully friendly and with super administrators/moderators. While I am not particularly quick to take offense, there are a couple things that yank my chain and I have gotten into at least one significant tiff with another member some time back. My background is in the legal field; if you want to make me look stupid, do it by proving me wrong, not by insults or talking down to me.
    DRobinson, BillieS, Levi and 4 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast