Thread: In the news

1. Top | #1
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts

In the news

JD to the rescue! For those not lucky enough to live where you have Whataburger, they are the best burger you can get, without making your own. And I've had some homemade that weren't half as good! But I thought folks here might like this.

Man on tractor delivers Whataburger to neighbors trapped by Brazos River flooding | | Dallas Morning News

I've been just over 24 hours without rain, but looks like that's soon to change. I'll be OK, as long as there are no tornadoes, or other damaging winds, and no hail.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    JD to the rescue! For those not lucky enough to live where you have Whataburger, they are the best burger you can get, without making your own. And I've had some homemade that weren't half as good! But I thought folks here might like this.

Man on tractor delivers Whataburger to neighbors trapped by Brazos River flooding | | Dallas Morning News

I've been just over 24 hours without rain, but looks like that's soon to change. I'll be OK, as long as there are no tornadoes, or other damaging winds, and no hail.
    I can see Gizmo and his "gang" already starting their version of "Who's on First" with the Whataburger name?

Who a burger? Where is whataburger? What is whoaburger? it's only a matter of time. Apparently Whataburger's are not in my area of the U.S. as I have never heard of them.....

On a positive note, Good neighbors are very hard to find........
    Zebrafive, Levi and johnH123 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I can see Gizmo and his "gang" already starting their version of "Who's on First" with the Whataburger name?

Who a burger? Where is whataburger? What is whoaburger? it's only a matter of time. Apparently Whataburger's are not in my area of the U.S. as I have never heard of them.....

On a positive note, Good neighbors are very hard to find........
    Whataburger is a Texas thing. I have no idea if southern OK would be lucky enough to have them.

Lots of road/hwy closures. Lakes that were down 90 FEET are now over their spillways. We've needed rain, but would be nice if some of this would hold off and fall in July and August.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 3 others like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    For those not lucky enough to live where you have Whataburger, they are the best burger you can get, without making your own. And I've had some homemade that weren't half as good!
    Double like your post.

We are lucky enough to have a Whataburger 3 miles from home. The other fast food restaurants can't beat them, even some of the mom and pop joints can't produce a burger this good.
    farmgirl19, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=farmgirl19;938026]JD to the rescue! For those not lucky enough to live where you have Whataburger, they are the best burger you can get, without making your own. And I've had some homemade that weren't half as good! But I thought folks here might like this.

FG19-

Every time that I travel to Texas, which is not much anymore, I eat a Whataburger. The best one I remember this decade was the one I ate in my hospital bed in Houston in Nov 2010. After four weeks of eating hospital food that looked pre-chewed, the Whataburger was a memorable treat, as was my first beer after a 30 day dry spell.

For those who live in Southern OK, just hop in your truck, cross that old Red River, listen to "Miles and Miles of Texas", and grab a Whataburger

Brian
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Thanks
    The Whataburger locations include north as far as Tulsa. I have had their burgers in Tulsa and yes, they are very good. However, my favorite is Red Robin.

Dave
    Levi and Rope_Chucker like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

9. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Whataburger!
    When in Texas I always stop in to a Whataburger.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I do find if funny that a thread about someone delivering food to a neighbor, using a big, pretty JD tractor, is all about the Texas burgers!!
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and johnH123 like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks
    More rain coming today and the rest of the week. Brazos river crested this am at just over 52'.

Gizmo2 likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    The Whataburger locations include north as far as Tulsa. I have had their burgers in Tulsa and yes, they are very good. However, my favorite is Red Robin.

Dave
    Red Robin? Those are just like the burgers my momma used to make. After years of training my wife can make them too. We buy the same fries at the store. RR seems high priced for a cheeseburger or maybe I'm just that cheap.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson and farmgirl19 like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MDrew For This Useful Post:

mn1025rfilb (06-01-2016)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast