Ins companies

Thread: Ins companies

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts

Ins companies

I've come to the conclusion that the very large insurance companies are out to make them money and make you spend more of your money .

Both my auto and home owners come due within 3 weeks of each other. Home owners (the one we Met) through one of the companies my x employer ,said we could get discounts by using them. The Auto insurance is one for old people, changing from them is $500 saving a year.. changing homeowners and doing a multi policy I'm saving close to $950.00 a year. Would have been $110.00 more savings a year but have a separate policy for tractor and gator. So all total just under $1500 a year savings.
    Reason for starting this change homeowners was wanting to raise my policy by $350.00 for a yr. and auto was going to raise close to $200.00

and yes the savings is from the new price and not last years. Oh and my new company raised the coverage on the house by $20,000 for the year.

Over the past 40 yrs of living here I have tried every couple of years to get both auto and home through the same company. Always was told there company wasn't accepting any new home owners policies.

I had checked some the name brand companies ,always on TV, radio and newspaper plus mail every other day and not much difference. This time went to a local company and a name brand company just not one you see in the news all the time. Company is mainly on the east coast and been in business since 1925.
    Yes gave the new company my old policies so we compared and kept the same coverage or better coverage than I had before , Only thing of a downgrade was rental or loaner car Only have $35 a day instead of $40.00 .

Seems to me like it is a win win and not lose lose.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Better, not a win. You will never win! Good for you.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    True never will win, but feel much better.. and I've always felt that my money is better in my pocket than to be in a large companies pocket. Its one thing to pay mom and dad little business a little more for there service, but paying the large companies more just so the CEO can get 1000-10000 more pay than the workers that made there business what it is .
    When I trade cars I go to the smallest business I can find,, get better deal, less hassle , better service and treated like you are someone ,instead of being treated like a number .. Of course the smaller dealers are harder to find.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements