Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: Well I think I made the neighborhood mad

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

Well I think I made the neighborhood mad

I been in negotiations to buy some undeveloped property that was behind my subdivision. It was going to be a 3rd phase but they never completed it because of drainage issues. Once the neighborhood found out I bought it everybody was beating on my door wanting to buy extra lots to add on the the back of their property. Well I politely told them I was had got the zoning changed back to agricultural so I could clean it up and put some cattle on it. Guess how that went. You guessed it sailed like a lead duck lol they are all mad now saying I am going to stink up and devalue their property.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 22 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim.bergfeld.3 View Post
    I been in negotiations to buy some undeveloped property that was behind my subdivision. It was going to be a 3rd phase but they never completed it because of drainage issues. Once the neighborhood found out I bought it everybody was beating on my door wanting to buy extra lots to add on the the back of their property. Well I politely told them I was had got the zoning changed back to agricultural so I could clean it up and put some cattle on it. Guess how that went. You guessed it sailed like a lead duck lol they are all mad now saying I am going to stink up and devalue their property.

ur bad-tim.bergfeld. but i love ur thinking
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 3 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    You got the zoning on your side.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    I love citidots who want to love in the country but then complain about the country.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to felixm22 For This Useful Post:

JDSwan87 (06-08-2016)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by tim.bergfeld.3 View Post

Congratulations on the purchase. I would be hard pressed to not respond with the following: "You had the same opportunity that I did. If you wanted to control the property, you should have bought it. You didn't, I did. I think cows will be an improvement as neighbors."

I would try not to say that but sometimes stuff just slips out. . .

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 09:43 AM
    Thanks
    I have done similar things with properties, it is amazing that when you are done everyone wants a piece. Sometimes I think there is jealousy involved as they did not think of it. I am working on exactly the same thing right now, they cut the sub division down and the field is directly behind our property.
    BigJim55 and johnH123 like this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

Good for you, city folk get cranky when someone else besides them figures something out and gets ahead of them.

You could always put milk cows and start a small dairy, that way you could sell ice cream, yogurt and raw milk like the family in the next town up did with the same type purchase a few years ago. Now they are on the top 10 list for best ice cream in the state, the place is mobbed in the summer.
    DRobinson, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Thanks
    need some cattle, I'll let you borrow some
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    BillieS, rtgt, Levi and 6 others like this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

Good for you, city folk get cranky when someone else besides them figures something out and gets ahead of them.

You could always put milk cows and start a small dairy, that way you could sell ice cream, yogurt and raw milk like the family in the next town up did with the same type purchase a few years ago. Now they are on the top 10 list for best ice cream in the state, the place is mobbed in the summer.
    raw ice cream is the best there is. congrats on the purchase!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks
    Many of the "posters" here are assuming that the neighbors you speak of are from the "CITY". I don't think you mentioned that in your original post. How did you get the zoning changed back to agricultural without your neighbors knowing about it prior to the change being granted. I'm in the middle of farms here in SC. One of my neighbors recently petitioned the county for a change in zoning from commercial-agricultural use to strictly ag. use. Everyone received a letter from the county about it & was invited to speak their mind over it at a hearing.

If your neighbors were not advised of zone change, you may find yourself & the planning board members in a law suit. I'm just saying your OP here is a little short on details. I don't know how close your neighbors are to you property wise, but would you like to have your house, back yard, swimming pool subjected to the conditions livestock bring even when they are properly cared for. I'm not speaking against you, but I think you need to consider the impact you could put on your neighbors, including their property values & re sale issues. We all bust our A....'s to get part of the American dream. No one wants to see their part of the dream torn to shreds.
    Last edited by Maddog; 06-08-2016 at 08:15 AM.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast