Like Tree43Likes

Thread: ATV Accident

1. Top | #1
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

ATV Accident

My county road serves as a connection between atv trails. Well the dogs started barking and I looked at the end of the driveway and there was an atv rolled over at the end of my driveway. I grabbed the phone and ran down there. Two 18 year-olds, male and female, and the young lady was laying there in serious pain. I asked the young man if anyone needs attention and he stated no their fine and a friend will pick them up. I changed to the young lady and seen her pain I asked about her right leg and it was very painful to touch or move and then asked about her right arm that was outstretched and not moving. She could wiggle her fingers but painful to touch or move , nauseous and shivering. I told the young man this young lady is not going anywhere. I called 911, emergency showed up and landed a helicopter in my field and took her out. I hope she is OK. Both were also wearing full face helmets thankfully.

I told the young man its not about being manly and saying I'm OK, it's about living and smart choices and emergency personnel is the smart choice. Plus that he had to think of the young lady and not himself.

After moving the atv with the cops it appeared the right front wheel was locked up and the potential cause of the rollover.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, 5304 and 8 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Oh, gosh! I hope she is ok. Same with the boy. You did the right thing, and thank you!
    pcabe5 and SulleyBear like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Thanks
    Good on ya for going out, looking after a neighbor and being level-headed. Hopefully they turn out to both be fine.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Thanks
    Excellent response by you. Time is everything, and I'm be willing to bet the guy was as dazed and confused as anyone. It doesn't excuse not thinking of others, but it is perspective. Some people do not have consideration of others, but I remember crashing my dirt bike and breaking my arm. I couldn't push my kill switch with no idea why. Pushed my finger with my knee to stop the noise. It wasn't until a bystander rolled back my sleeve and the problem was obvious. It was still a blur until they reset it, white then clarity. I 've also seen a few couples both injured in accidents, they both worry about the other even holding one in traction and the other is standing there and talking to them. Different personalities,

I really hope they both recover ok, my rambling was just explaining
    Last edited by rydplrs; 06-13-2016 at 08:08 PM.
    pcabe5, Yamaguy and johnH123 like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Thanks
    You did the right thing
    pcabe5, 5304 and SulleyBear like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 02:23 PM
    Thanks
    I'm glad you were there to help. I've known several folks who have been crippled for life or killed riding around like an idiot, usually with no gear at all on a 4 wheeler. It seems to be a way of life for some folks, kind of like boating and beer. Parents hurting their kids while riding them around intoxicated is one of the most awful things I have experienced.
    Gizmo2, SulleyBear and ZachinCO like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Thanks
    I remember when my wife and I totaled our StreetGlide on our honeymoon. I will never forget how the people 40 yards away never even got up from their picnic table but 2 guys driving by stopped. Still to this day, I want to thank them. OP, good job on the proper response!
    Zebrafive, 5304, rydplrs and 1 others like this.

10. Top | #8
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wjfawb0 View Post
    I'm glad you were there to help. I've known several folks who have been crippled for life or killed riding around like an idiot, usually with no gear at all on a 4 wheeler. It seems to be a way of life for some folks, kind of like boating and beer. Parents hurting their kids while riding them around intoxicated is one of the most awful things I have experienced.
    I almost lived this as a child 40+ years ago. My father was 10ft tall and bullet proof, riding a 3 wheeler with no gear. I barely remember getting woke up in the middle of the night to head home because my dad had been rushed to emergency. He came home a week later with fused vertebrae and a full chest/neck brace.

Well done pcabe5, you more than likely saved that young ladies life.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 5 others like this.
    MINE!! 2016 New Holland T4.75

In-Laws 2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    In-Laws 2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

My Sons IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor

My social media~ https://www.instagram.com/zwhewitt_photos/

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Thanks
    Yes pcabe, Good job.

My daughter wrecked my old 4 wheeler and had her face banged up pretty bad by the handlebars. Those things can be fun and also wicked.
    Gizmo2, pcabe5 and SulleyBear like this.
    Brian

2720 JD MCUT
    200CX Loader
    62D On Ramp Mid-Mount Mower
    61 Inch Bucket
    Grooved R4's
    Tiller King Kutter Professional Green 60-Inch TG-G-60-JP
    Rear Blade Woods 72-Inch
    Middle Buster King Kutter MB-YX

GT245 Garden Tractor

12. Top | #10
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    The young man's grandfather and another gentleman stopped later last night to pick up the atv. I briefly spoke to them and asked that they keep an eye on the young man because he could be hurt worse than he was letting on. He was very gingerly moving when he left. Hopefully his folks to him to get checked out.

They asked what happened and I explained I didn't see it happen but indications were just an unfortunate accident with the right front tire locking up.
    rydplrs, SulleyBear and johnH123 like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast