• 2 Post By SulleyBear
  • 1 Post By mrbb

Thread: help ID some things??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-11-2018 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks

help ID some things??

OK, I had to clean out an old farm I used to hunt at, was a 100+ yr old farm
    they only owned 3 tractors in all them yrs,LOL
    a John Deere, model A< a IH model H and a IH model 340
    while moving things off the farm I came into a lot of STUFF and parts I have NO idea what they are or were used for!

SO I am looking for help to id some things

here are a coupe, things I have NO idea on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stuff for sale 115.JPG   stuff for sale 119.JPG   stuff for sale 024.JPG   stuff for sale 025.JPG   stuff for sale 029.JPG  

stuff for sale 063.JPG   stuff for sale 072.JPG   stuff for sale 114.JPG  
    Rope_Chucker likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Thanks
    You have some old car horns, a pair of JD U-joint yokes, a couple of pit-man ends (red & black pieces) for a sickle mower & maybe the metal plates off of a woven wire clamp or possibly shims for mower guards (how thick are the slotted plates?) among other things.
    BigJim55 and SulleyBear like this.
    Lowell

1944 JD LA, 1953 JD 40S, 93-755 w/60" deck, '04-790 w/300 loader, 2000-F725, '07 "TS" Gator, 80-314 & numerous attachments!, 1980-2418 Power King, 1948 AC "G" & 1961 International Cub Lo Boy

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    OK, I had to clean out an old farm I used to hunt at, was a 100+ yr old farm
    they only owned 3 tractors in all them yrs,LOL
    a John Deere, model A< a IH model H and a IH model 340
    while moving things off the farm I came into a lot of STUFF and parts I have NO idea what they are or were used for!

SO I am looking for help to id some things

here are a coupe, things I have NO idea on
    Top left are primarily PTO yokes. Top right are pitman straps for a sickle bar mower. Bottom center are shims, probably for a square baler plunger.

You have a lot of research ahead to find part numbers, then the manufacturer and finally to identify the machine that they fit.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    thanks for the fast reply's and info
    the metal plates that DON"T have the slots are in two different thickness's thickest is about an 1/8 inch and other is about 1/16's
    the slotted one's are about as thick as say 7-8 pieces of paper, very this, I also have a whole bucket of bolts that were with them, that I gather were used to hold them to what ever!!
    I DID have a Sickle mower, a 7 ft IH Model one, that I got with the IH 340 tractor that was there ( sold tractor and sickle mower a few months back now)

as for doing research on what part number and what IT fits?
    I have about 25 , 5 gallon buckets of assorted parts, this is just a small sample of what I looked at today

I think what I am going to do is maybe try and find someone that wants to buy it all off me for a reasonable offer
    there is a honest 1500 lbs of parts, and I don't think I would ever have the time to research them all and find what they all go to

SO< I will try to dig out a little more tomorrow and see if anything puzzle's me and post some more poic's
    IF anyone has any interest in a Truck load of assorted parts
    let me know
    or any idea HOW to find a buyer, I'm all ears

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    here's a couple more things, that are PART of the ton of THINGS I got LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stuff for sale 012.JPG   stuff for sale 013.JPG   stuff for sale 035.JPG   stuff for sale 037.JPG   stuff for sale 041.JPG  

stuff for sale 078.JPG   stuff for sale 081.JPG   stuff for sale 088.JPG   stuff for sale 098.JPG   stuff for sale 094.JPG  

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts
    here's a couple more things, that are PART of the ton of THINGS I got LOL
    I see a tubing cutter and tubing flare tools, several die for threading studs or re-threading bolts, several "Sling Blades" the curved scythes with the wood handles and also the long drill is for inserting dowel rods and drilling trough large timbers. Some of the stuff has collectable value, like the drill and long bits.

I would consign anything you aren't interested in keeping to an auctioneer. Many of the items have value which far exceeds their scrap value and these items are getting harder and harder to find. Auction houses in our area accept items on consignment all of the time and the second batch of pictures you posted contained several items which sell well at auctions. You might just be surprised what they will bring.
    BigJim55 and papaw1962 like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help ID ing things as for auctions? in my area ,as I go to a bunch pretty often, most of these things sell dirt cheap and the hassle of taking to a auction house doesn't seem worth it in my area/
    I see Snap on tools going cheap in this area at estate sales
    seems like a lot of retired folks go to then and and are on fixed incomes and bid LOW<

I am hoping to dig thru things and get some better pic;s of things that maybe have some value, and try and sucker someone into buying a bunch of things to get the better stuff LOL as in a "X" price takes all THIS or that in bundles/lots!

this way I get some space back and don't have to do things one at a time, as must be a 2,000 lbs of parts and stuff here or more, just taking things to auctioneer is a lot of lifting for me and my bad back!

I know I have a grain elevator motor and lots of extra plow and like parts too
    just a ton of things to be honest! and I mean 2,000 lbs of things literally LOL
    BigJim55 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Thanks for the help ID ing things as for auctions? in my area ,as I go to a bunch pretty often, most of these things sell dirt cheap and the hassle of taking to a auction house doesn't seem worth it in my area/
    I see Snap on tools going cheap in this area at estate sales
    seems like a lot of retired folks go to then and and are on fixed incomes and bid LOW<

I am hoping to dig thru things and get some better pic;s of things that maybe have some value, and try and sucker someone into buying a bunch of things to get the better stuff LOL as in a "X" price takes all THIS or that in bundles/lots!

this way I get some space back and don't have to do things one at a time, as must be a 2,000 lbs of parts and stuff here or more, just taking things to auctioneer is a lot of lifting for me and my bad back!

I know I have a grain elevator motor and lots of extra plow and like parts too
    just a ton of things to be honest! and I mean 2,000 lbs of things literally LOL
    mrbb-too bad ur not in my neck of the woods. these auctioneers down here come and haul ur stuff away, for the people around here. they get a good price for as u said junk. who is gonna need a broken mag-huh-someone down here would buy it- yeah-area of place and amount of money floating aaround means a lot at a sale. the menonites are around this area, if they show up-u might as well keep ur hand down, cause they came with cash, and they want it-so u and me are out of luck then. good luck getting someone to buy the whole lot, for a significant amount. good luck
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    mrbb-too bad ur not in my neck of the woods. these auctioneers down here come and haul ur stuff away, for the people around here. they get a good price for as u said junk. who is gonna need a broken mag-huh-someone down here would buy it- yeah-area of place and amount of money floating aaround means a lot at a sale. the menonites are around this area, if they show up-u might as well keep ur hand down, cause they came with cash, and they want it-so u and me are out of luck then. good luck getting someone to buy the whole lot, for a significant amount. good luck
    thanks and yes I wish I was closer as well, as sounds like things sell better down your way, maybe due to them Menonites, maybe still using more of this type of stuff and not just for collecting it>>

But in my area it sure seems like folks all have tons of STUFF already like I have in old sheds and building, and don'tr want any more, if if they DO buy, its only if its dirt cheap!

I don't expect to get a LOT of all this stuff by any means, any reasonable offer could have it all LOL
    I'll try and get a few more pictures of some of it and post some here again
    I know there is a grain elevator motor set up, actually sold 3 old grain elevators that didn't have any motors , and then afterwards found the set up LOL

I also think there is a brand new JD Modal A Muffler, still ion the original box
    I also have the original Cultivators for the JD Modal A tractor too!

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements