Quotes From Our Kids (or Kid's Say The Darndest Things)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Quotes From Our Kids (or Kid's Say The Darndest Things)

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 03:31 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks

Quotes From Our Kids (or Kid's Say The Darndest Things)

Thought I pass this on, because I loved it, a quote from my DIL regarding her 4 year old Megan:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11000639_10153393313580535_7011105337593387974_n.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	204105

Quote from an overtired Megan: "I don't wanna be big, I just want to be little. It's too hard being big."

How true!!

Maybe this is a new thread, I'd like to hear for other GTTr's.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

"Prayer can never be in excess." ~ C. H. Spurgeon

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    When my younger brother was pretty small, he came to me with a question: "What are leprechauns?" I said, well, you know, those little things you make pie out of. He wandered off, repeating the phrase "leprechaun pie, leprechaun pie".

He came back a little later, and said "Don't you mean Aprichaun Pie?"

I laughed until my sides hurt.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 5 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    I am about 8.5 years older than my brother. I have a sister who is two years older than I am.

When my brother was about 3, he had trouble saying his "T's" and pronounced everything that should have had the T sound with the F sound.

We were at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant at a busy corner. Of course the restaurant the full. We were in a booth at the front along the windows which face the road and the intersection.

At that age, many kids speak LOUD and have to be reminded to use their inside voice. All of a sudden there were several trucks in a row turning the corner. My brother jumped up on the seat of the booth and proceeded to shout , "Mom, truck, truck real big trucks." But of course, with the pronunciation issue, what he actually said brought the entire restaurant to laughter. When anyone laughs when a little kid does something, they see it as an "Encore" opportunity not only continue the show, but increase the volume.

The more my poor mom tried to quiet my brother, the louder he got, which generated more laughter from many in the restaurant. She ended up taking him outside.......

------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------- ---------

Another time, when I was 19, I had a new 10th Anniversary Trans Am I had bought as my business began to really take off. It was one of the silver cars with the silver leather. At the time, it was a really sharp car. By today's standards, it's rather gawdy.

Anyways, we were driving through a real rough portion of Grand Rapids, taking a shortcut which we normally didn't take. It was a very urban route and there were people slinging dope out in the open and several prostitutes were very aggressive in trying to "generate business". We reached a stop light and this "lady of the evening" comes out and starts "Hey honey, how about a date?" She is standing right in front of the car tapping on the hood and then walks up and is knocking on the drivers window. Light turned green and I took off.

My brother is about 10.5 years old at the time. He turns to me and asks, "What did she want? Do you know her? Why was SHE asking YOU for a date." I just kept distracting him.

We get home and he immediately says to my mom "You should have seen these women who were really trying to get "Sulley"(me) to go on a date. But they weren't very pretty. They were scary looking. They were very sparkily and shiny looking."

My mom replied "Well these sound like "working girls", you know "ladies of the evening." She then turns to my brother and says "You do know what a lady of the evening is, don't you?" and my brother replied, after quite the pause, "A lady who works at night?"

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts
    My grandson used an F sound for T. It embarrassed his mother (my daughter), but I thought it was somewhat entertaining.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Thanks
    This is an exchange between my mom and my younger brother many years ago. IIRC he was about two or three and I was 6 or 7.

My younger brother: "Mom, i'm smarter than you"
    Mom: " okay, then maybe you should take over with you and your siblings education."
    My brother: " whats education?"
    Last edited by johnH123; 07-05-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: curse this autocorrect.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Thanks
    When my oldest daughter (now 25) was about 3 or 4 she said something about "I know what the F-word is". I was a little shocked so I asked her what the F-word was. She leaned over real close and whispered "fart". At that point I was relieved and started laughing. I did still have to tell her that wasn't a word that little girls should use.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Thanks
    When my youngest brother first started talking if he was interrupted, he would loudly say: "I ARE TALKING!"
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 03:31 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Other, and oldest, GD, soon to be 18, could not pronounce "k's" when little, they came out as "t's" . . . so our kitties came out titties. Always made us smile. Sweetness!!
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

"Prayer can never be in excess." ~ C. H. Spurgeon

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    When our second grandson was born, our oldest grandson was just two. We were all at the hospital for the event, and when grandson number two was rolled out in the incubator thingy, my Son-in-law picked up #1 and carried him over to the incubator. He said "What do you think of your new baby brother?" He promptly doubled up his fist and said "Hit!".

My daughter wasn't too happy, but in retrospect it became funny with a little age.
    Have wings, will travel.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Let's keep this thing rolling! I love stories about kids and there should be millions of them out there! Let me add another one:

Grandson #1 was a real cut up, and we were always laughing at him about something. I would tell Shan Jean, "He's something else!" a phrase that I used often. One afternoon when he was alone with us, I noticed him walking around the coffee table, repeating the phrase "Me somethin' else! Me somethin' else!". Cracked us up!
    pcabe5, flyweight, Marlin and 1 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast