Are illegal drug sales and use as bad in your area?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Are illegal drug sales and use as bad in your area?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

Are illegal drug sales and use as bad in your area?

Drug use and the sale of it are really bad all over in the state of Texas. Of course, anyone that knows about what all goes on in Mexico to the south aren't surprised by the first sentence.

I have done my part to try and put a dent in it or at least stop it at some locations. That has not been done without risking my own safety and that of loved ones. There have been some times that people engaged in illegal drug activity have tried to run me out by using fear tactics and also vandalism and other methods.

Last week some drug thugs moved into the area and my gut instinct told me that these were some bad apples. The very next day my instinct proved accurate once again. Well, lets just say that the heat was turned up on them. When that was done they scattered like mice.

One thing that irritates me isn't just the drugs, but among other things, these people purposely buy crotch rockets to evade the police. Some law enforcement agencies won't pursue a speeding motorcycle unless there's a warrant or a major crime has been committed. One reason for that is that when a motorcyclist is being chased in populated areas, there's a greater risk of innocent motorists and property owners being injured or worse. Often times, the motorcyclist doesn't survive the chase that usually ends in a crash.
    The fact that certain LE agencies won't enage as easily to chase them is why many drug dealers take advantage of this. It has given these type motorcycles a bad name and image in this area. These people have usually taunted the police and will ride wheelies in front of them and use finger gestures. They'll blast right on past an officer using a radar or laser to observe traffic speed. Some police officers have let it get the best of them and have ended up doing things they have regretted. For some, it has meant an end to their LE jobs.

Right now, I'm dealing with a woman and her family that owns many rent houses. It has been said that they own more than 60 houses and also several other properties and businesses. Personally, I think they are connected with the narcotics sales, but can't prove it. She rents to anything with cash. This has caused law enforcement to not like her or her family. Law enforcement officers and anyone living near these houses are the ones who have to deal with it.

I've been stressed after this latest run-in with the drug thugs. They are pretty rough people and are very street wise. Eventually I'm going to relocate, but I know that the drug problem is everywhere. Some places it isn't as obvious as it is in other locations. Should also mention that the other crime that comes with the drugs is also what angers me. You could say I've seen it all and it hasn't been fun. One time, they shot my dog when I wasn't home and tried to break into the house.

Last edited by green and red man; 02-26-2013 at 01:01 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    02-23-2019 @ 11:19 AM
    Thanks
    That'a a "Bad Hand" you've been dealt! If they used the same route of escape, and there are turns in the road, a little strategically placed sand on the road (By authorities) would give them pause! Our crime is typically traffikers from NYC to the Buffalo inner City. The Black on Black crime figures are outragious! They've (The City) has had gun buy backs with no success. I would propose that we leave "Guns And Ammo" in bushel baskets on the street corners, and let them thin themselves out! But I'm just an old white guy that doesn't live there. It's a sad state of affairs. How can you convince a young black teen, that's been brought up in a three generation Welfare family, to take that minimum wage job at the Warehouse, when he can make ten times the money dealing on the street......That said the issue is not only drugs, but personnal responsibility. I know my post isn't PC, just the truth no one wants to talk about. Instead of the community patrolling their own youth, they condem the Police when "Jamel" gets shot!

Moderator move to politics if you feel so inclined!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yup Scotty, the picture you described sounds way too familiar. There was an incident that involved a suspect who was linked to narcotic sales and was trying to be apprehended by the police. The struggle that later played out left the suspect deceased after being shot by the officer. This is in an area that is known for crime. That race of people started a protest and were actually dumb enough to try and fight police who were holding AR's. The Dallas police chief is African American and tried to calm the community where the shooting took place. There's so much propaganda taught to certain people.

At least a year or two back, that police chief's son was killed in a shootout with police where the son killed a police officer of the same race. It was known that the chief's son was involved with narcotics. He even got special treatment in prior events just because of who his daddy is.

I won't go on a rant about all that is wrong.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:04 AM
    Thanks
    They are now growing the stuff in the national forest in the northern part of Wi. A number of "grows" have been found not far from our hunting/fishing camp. I now carry a gun with me at all times when out in the woods, even when not hunting.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:32 PM
    Thanks
    Kinda' like northeast Tennessee. In years past the more likely problem was moonshiners. But they were generally understanding and as soon as they were convinced you were merely a transcient interloper, they dropped their guard posture.

But this latest bunch . . . more likely to be meth-heads running a meth lab.

And they are downright dangerous. Likely to rob you for what little you might have on your person.

Don't want to be around them at all.
    Ralph T
    Benefactor Member NRA

==============================================

JD 2038R w/Rimguard loaded R4 tires, wheel spacers, LED lights, fender extensions, IMatch, Heavy Hitch, 8-42 lb suitcase weights, Frontier middle buster.

220R FEL with 57" materials bucket, Heavy Hitch tooth bar & Hitch'N Can, KBOH hooks, clevises & receiver hitch.

EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple

JD Z960M with Tweels, Suspension Seat, Advanced Chute System, Hitch

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    02-23-2019 @ 11:19 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphtt View Post
    Kinda' like northeast Tennessee. In years past the more likely problem was moonshiners. But they were generally understanding and as soon as they were convinced you were merely a transcient interloper, they dropped their guard posture.

But this latest bunch . . . more likely to be meth-heads running a meth lab.

And they are downright dangerous. Likely to rob you for what little you might have on your person.

Don't want to be around them at all.
    Ralph- The same but different! Make sense? They both shun authority, but the 'Shiners' just want to do their thing' without the IRS in their 'shorts'! MethHeads are a whole different breed, and I'm too old to be knowledglable about their activity. Just a touch on my earlier post. I have the utmost respect for "good" black teens that are trying break the cycle of this dilemma. But their family history, drug environment, and peer-pressure, leave them such a long, long crawl up, to succeed........ We can only hope they make it! ~Scotty

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-07-2018 @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty370 View Post
    I would propose that we leave "Guns And Ammo" in bushel baskets on the street corners, and let them thin themselves out!
    My circle of friends would even make donations to pay for the ammo.
    I'm referring to drug dealers and thugs. I'm not inferring anything else.
    Andy B.

1966 110 Lawn Tractor
    2012 2520 - DELIVERED 27APR2012!!!

Tractor that I used to own - 1954 40 Utility
    KB3WPN

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The mention of meth instantly made me think of Oklahoma. Prior to the state limiting the sale of over the counter cold or allergy products with ingredients that could be converted to meth, the labs were all over the place.

My dad is from Oklahoma and many years ago my family had an outreach ministry. We would haul truckloads of food and other items for the needy in Oklahoma. At that time there was a major drug cartel operation going on in Atoka county and we didn't know just how big until it came out in the papers. Every Saturday morning we'd load up and leave early from Texas and head into Oklahoma.

There's a prison in Oklahoma we'd have to pass on our way. During one year, the highway was being redone and a new section was already built but hadn't opened yet. There was one particular part of the new highway section just across from the prison. I recall seeing cars parked there when we'd be heading back home on Saturday nights. We didn't realize that the drug cartel people watched the highway like they did and had noticed our coming and going. One Saturday night we experienced some unwanted excitement that we've never forgotten. I'm sure word had spread about the outreach activity to the cartel. That one night not long after we passed the prison, a car sped out from that unopened section of the new highway and came after us. Whoever was in the car wanted to send a message. They made an attempt to run us off the road. It was pretty scary. None of us carried firearms.

Back when my aunt and uncle were still alive in Oklahoma, my uncle had a cattle operation. He hunted and fished a lot and would sometimes lease land to hunt on. The land where he had cattle at was mainly pasture land and wasn't good for deer hunting. He and one of his sons had a frightful experience with some of the cartel members. Think it may have been my uncle who shot a deer and it ended up jumping the fence and went onto the adjacent ranch. This was a huge ranch and no house or anyone to ask for permission to cross the fence was anywhere nearby. Or at least that's what they thought. After thinking it over, my uncle and his son thought they'd cross the fence and quickly pick up the dead deer and bring it back. That plan seemed innocent enough, but as they were attempting to retrieve the deer, they were surrounded by several hispanic men on horseback. Each man had loaded AK-47's and other firearms. My uncle said he wasn't sure he was going to make it back home that day. After several tense minutes passed by, the men allowed my uncle and his son to leave with the deer. They never hunted that nearby property again after that.

Years after that when meth labs were still very common in that part of Oklahoma, there were some tourists that stopped in the little town where we would set up the food outreach ministry. The tourists asked two highway patrol officers if they could go down a certain road east of town to see certain parts of the countryside. The highway patrol officers told the tourists that they advised against that idea. They told them that there was a good chance they may not make it out of those hills alive. The meth producers sometimes were known to mistake innocent tourists for competing meth producers or undercover law enforcement officers trying to find their labs.

Last edited by green and red man; 02-26-2013 at 08:29 PM.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    There certainly seems to be enough money in it to keep the judges and lawmakers quiet. I guess drugs don't kill enough of their children or friends for them to care.
    green and red man likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks
    Dry counties would probably be less problem areas.

At least in the area I put as my location for this forum both the prosecutors and the sheriff are elected. One county over the prosecutor didn't prosecute enough and got defeated. The amount of yard signs for sheriff is amazing especially if you come from a place that the state police do all the policing in rural areas. There was an article perhaps a few years ago in a small paper about the police dog being brought to the high school and sniffed all the lockers and they found nothing and called it a success.

How are things out in the big bend area or south texas near the ocean?

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast