Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Sturgis, SD 2016 76th Anniversary -

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 05:49 PM
    Thanks

Sturgis, SD 2016 76th Anniversary -

I will be heading out later this week for week of camping near the infamous Sturgis Bike week - So just thought I'd throw some feelers out to see who may be going to the Mother of all motorcycle rallys. Pictures are sure to follow on this thread.
    - Mike Bell
    2016 - 3039r Factory cab - 84" Woods box blade , 61" FEL - I-match - 2" Receiver - loaded rear AG (R-1) tires - 59" snow blower- 48" pallet forks - 84" Power angle rear blade
    2014 - 1025r TLB
    60" auto mowing deck, titan pallet forks, 1.5" rear wheel spacers, v bar tire chains, 3 Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks and 3 attaching clevis.
    1967 round fender 110 with snow blade ( restoration in progress)
    1965 round fender 110

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    I'll be there-this will be my 2nd trip out there with the first being in 2002.

I've been going somewhere with a great friend once a year for the last 20+ years and this will be our second loooong trip together, 16 days and an expected 6000 miles traveled whereas we usually only average 1000-1500 miles in about 6 days.

Oh, and yes we will be riding...trailers are for
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 9 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I'm no biker, but we'll have a whole lot of them passing through on their way to Sturgis.

Last year we were hauling hay out to the ranch. Two pickups, gooseneck trailers and small square bales. There's a little bar we would have lunch at in the tiny town of Hawk Springs Wyoming. Little bitty place, nobody ever goes there except the locals. They even have a truck scale so the area ranchers can weigh their cattle. We pulled in once during Sturgis week and found the entire parking lot filled with bikes. The place was packed elbow to elbow inside, and when we walked in it was like hearing the proverbial needle screech across a record. Everyone in the place was wearing leather and vests except for two guys in jeans and cowboy hats. I think if the girl at the bar hadn't recognized us and said hi some of the patrons may have asked us to leave. Felt like I was living a David Allen Coe song, "where bikers stare at Cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive..."
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 9 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I'll be there-this will be my 2nd trip out there with the first being in 2002.

I've been going somewhere with a great friend once a year for the last 20+ years and this will be our second loooong trip together, 16 days and an expected 6000 miles traveled whereas we usually only average 1000-1500 miles in about 6 days.

Oh, and yes we will be riding...trailers are for [IMG]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/ships/boat-smiley-emoticon.gif

[/IMG]

That is great to hear KennyD! Whats really funny is 2002 was also my first year riding out there!! This will be my 7th year - its one area I absolutely love. I'm camping at the KOA in rapid city this year. Last year I was in the KOA at in the Badlands. Travel safe my friend!! see you soon!!
    - Mike Bell
    2016 - 3039r Factory cab - 84" Woods box blade , 61" FEL - I-match - 2" Receiver - loaded rear AG (R-1) tires - 59" snow blower- 48" pallet forks - 84" Power angle rear blade
    2014 - 1025r TLB
    60" auto mowing deck, titan pallet forks, 1.5" rear wheel spacers, v bar tire chains, 3 Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks and 3 attaching clevis.
    1965 round fender 110

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KE8LW View Post
    That is great to hear KennyD! Whats really funny is 2002 was also my first year riding out there!! This will be my 7th year - its one area I absolutely love. I'm camping at the KOA in rapid city this year. Last year I was in the KOA at in the Badlands. Travel safe my friend!! see you soon!!
    We are staying in Keystone for the first 5 days, then after that we have no reservations or specific plans or routes-we'll go wherever the wind takes us
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    I will be heading out later this week for week of camping near the infamous Sturgis Bike week - So just thought I'd throw some feelers out to see who may be going to the Mother of all motorcycle rallys. Pictures are sure to follow on this thread.
    I wish! Never made it and probably never will.
    Unfortunately when you WORK at a dealership having the extra cash for trips & your own motorcycle don't come easy.
    If you are the owner or related to him/her it's a different story. I have been watching the tail light for to many years.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Thanks
    KE8LW-

You're traveling to one of my favorite spots on earth, The Black Hills of SD. I grew up near and in Rapid City, SD; I left there 34 years ago and have returned too infrequently since.

I've never been to the Rally, but 40 years ago I sneaked into the short track races near the hill climb site with some buddies.

The weather should be superb along with the sunsets; please be safe and don't become one of the accident statistics that come along with creating the largest temporary city west of the Rockies for a week. Also, please eat some Beef jerky from Sturgis Meats.

Ride Safely,
    Brian
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    I wish! Never made it and probably never will.
    Unfortunately when you WORK at a dealership having the extra cash for trips & your own motorcycle don't come easy.
    If you are the owner or related to him/her it's a different story. I have been watching the tail light for to many years.

Thank you for your work - I know all about how money doesn't come easy. Been there, I drove a 20+ year old truck for 5 years, I had truck beds flopping in the wind, no floor boards either side, and fenders almost non existent. so I could get my first hog paid for, that's the hard one. After that you got your down payment and makes it expensive but more reasonable.

Sorry for you luck buddy but I do hope to one day see you there, it is a rally like no other.
    - Mike Bell
    2014 - 1025r TLB
    1965 round fender 110

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeCoGreenTractorMan View Post
    KE8LW-

You're traveling to one of my favorite spots on earth, The Black Hills of SD. I grew up near and in Rapid City, SD; I left there 34 years ago and have returned too infrequently since.

I've never been to the Rally, but 40 years ago I sneaked into the short track races near the hill climb site with some buddies.

The weather should be superb along with the sunsets; please be safe and don't become one of the accident statistics that come along with creating the largest temporary city west of the Rockies for a week. Also, please eat some Beef jerky from Sturgis Meats.

Ride Safely,
    Brian
    Thanks Brian - I hope for a safe good ride and some donating to them great black hills. I love the area and the sites are absolutely beautiful. Never had the jerky from Sturgis meats so Looks like I will try to remember head there and get me some JERKY... thanks for the heads up. I like the rally but honestly just use rally for an excuse to get myself outwest and do the riding in the best part of the country.

Mike
    - Mike Bell
    2014 - 1025r TLB
    1965 round fender 110

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    Those of you coming from the east and traveling I90 are going to be passing right by me. You are more than welcome to swing by for some of my hospitality if we can work it out. It would most likely be an evening or weekend fellowship. I would love to meet you for some chit chat. It does not matter if it is to or fro. Have a safe ride everyone!
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RandyM For This Useful Post:

BetterThanATonka (08-02-2016), dieselshadow (07-30-2016), Gizmo2 (07-31-2016), Kennyd (07-31-2016), pcabe5 (08-02-2016)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast