Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: They like their Dunk'n Donuts in Shamokin, PA

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Thanks

They like their Dunk'n Donuts in Shamokin, PA

I'm sure many here can relate, I certainly do Stay with the reporter for the full story or skip ahead to 1:15 for the local reaction that is priceless. The store has since reopened, and the community's upheaval and uncertainty has been restored with a new level of order and calm.

Last edited by 56Nine; 08-10-2016 at 07:26 AM.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    I'm sure many here can relate, I certainly do Stay with the reporter for the full story or skip ahead to 1:15 for the local reaction that is priceless. The store has since reopened, and the community's upheaval and uncertainty has been restored with a new level of order and calm.

Man, life's tough enough without some terrorist setting your doughnut shop on fire. I'm betting if General Lee had known the importance of doughnuts and coffee, all he would have had to do is capture the Dunk'n Doughnuts and everyone at Gettysburg would have surrendered. I'm glad they have their priorities straight though; at least they don't sit around staring at their telephone...or for that matter, their computer screen.
    Last edited by 2LaneCruzer; 08-10-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    Have wings, will travel.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    Got a kick out of the guy with "I do all my legal work there. I meet with my lawyers....".

I wonder how many times he's robbed the place?

But up here this wouldn't be an issue. If a DD burns down there is another one across the street.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,413 Posts
    That interview was from a local TV station, or at least local to me. They have a knack for finding some real winners to interview.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Let's see, you are likely a customer of the "Drunkin Donuts" in whatever that town was called if;

1. You are a felon and need to "meet with your lawyers often"......

2. Your family tree apparently has NO BRANCHES.

3. You are a police officer who's name is pronounced "Psycho" (priceless).

4. You are a 13 year old female pyromaniac.....On medication, recently.

5. You don't like "Turkeyville Donuts" or whatever that one woman was saying.......

6. You can eat without your "teefers" like the last woman interviewed..........

I could go on but I will stop..........maybe to return later.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    That interview was from a local TV station, or at least local to me. They have a knack for finding some real winners to interview.
    Don, I KNOW you are a nice guy and I won't change my opinion of you based upon those who may live near you.......See my comment above. Of course, none of the items listed pertain to YOU..........

The opening shot of the reporter, all I could think of was it looked like she was posing for a mugshot. Overall, she did a fine job reporting, especially for a small town station. She does have a knack for developing the stories which impact the community......
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 08-10-2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added content
    pcabe5 and 56Nine like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Don, I KNOW you are a nice guy and I won't change my opinion of you based upon those who may live near you.......See my comment above. Of course, none of the items listed pertain to YOU..........
    Based on seeing the interview, it is plain to see that there is no shortage of doughnuts or other high calorie snacks in Shamokin. Neither intelligence nor teeth are required to be interviewed on local TV.
    pcabe5, SulleyBear, tj1 and 2 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Shamokin is a typical Penna southeastern coal town that has dried up many years ago. When you drive through that area there are identical towns like that over and over.

The "clientele" of DD that was interviewed didn't surprise me at all. DD was likely the main hub of activity in that town.

It reminds me of a while back when travelling around the state I would sometimes venture into a MacDonalds. It seems every single one had a group of old guys taking up a couple tables who were there obviously as their daily meeting place. I always wondered why. Did these retired guys really have nothing better to do than to hang around at a MacDonalds for hours every day? When I thought more on it, I figured they were all married and that was all they were allowed to do going out on their own. Or they had to get away from mother every day for a while.
    pcabe5, SulleyBear, tj1 and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Let's see, you are likely a customer of the "Drunkin Donuts" in whatever that town was called if;

1. You are a felon and need to "meet with your lawyers often"......

2. Your family tree apparently has NO BRANCHES.

3. You are a police officer who's name is pronounced "Psycho" (priceless).

4. You are a 13 year old female pyromaniac.....On medication, recently.

5. You don't like "Turkeyville Donuts" or whatever that one woman was saying.......

6. You can eat without your "teefers" like the last woman interviewed..........

I could go on but I will stop..........maybe to return later.
    Man, they do the same here. If a tornado hits the golf course and a trailer park at the same time, they will go to the seediest part of the park they can find for an interview. "Yep, I heerd it a comin', it sounded like a freight train. Afore me and old blue could get mamma in the truck, it blowed my trailer house plumb away!"
    Have wings, will travel.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 05:58 AM
    Thanks

Shamokin, PA. What are they Shamokin?

Shamokin, PA is apparently directly in the path of the Colorado jet stream.
    Scientific evidence that you get the donut munchies from what they be a Shamokin.
    Tom

2010 JD LA115 mower w/bagger
    2011 JD 10P dump cart
    2016 JD 1025R TLB: H120 loader w/ 49" bucket - 260 BH w/12" bucket - 60D MMM w/auto PTO - iMatch Quick Hitch
    Heavy Hitch toothbar | Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks | Ken's Seat Springs | Ken's Diff Pedal | Edge Tamers
    Frontier 2048 Box blade | Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    2016 Cyclone Rake model Z-10

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast