Critter pics! - Page 718
Page 718 of 728 FirstFirst ... 218 618 668 708 716 717 718 719 720 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 7275
Like Tree68382Likes

Thread: Critter pics!

1. Top | #7171
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Randog View Post
    Thanks for the ada-boy Sulley. This has certainly tested my patience. I did get 4.5 hours sleep last night!

Samantha sounds like a keeper. 15 years is a full life and she was well spoiled I'm sure. That is so funny about not listening to your wife. My family members somehow think because we are related, my dogs will listen to them. They tell Woody to do something and he looks across the room at me and sais "Really?" I just laugh and nod my head and he does what they ask. (shake, speak, sit) He finds these commands almost insulting. Preffers to be talked with normally.

My old Roxy girl spent her entire life on the road with me every day. From Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois. I did telecommunications work and always had my vehicle inside secured compounds. Allowed me to run the truck for air conditioning or heat. Hotel to motel. Great travel companion. I think even a couple times she was a therapy dog and I got the pet charge waived on the bill. They probably took one look at me and said, Yah he needs therapy!

Woody has only been on the road with me a few dozen times. One of the pictures I posted of him is from a Best Western. He travels great and is an awesome guard dog. A little barky for the motels. Doesn't like people messing around outside our door. Very alert. He has a killer growl and snarl. Then he will lay a big wet one on you. He always has my back.

Now Winnie on the other hand thinks she's running in a field of daisy's and chasing unicorns. She's so positive, happy, spunky and sassy. Very sure of herself. She is learning to out manuever Woody and messes with his head by leaning and jukeing back and forth. Just now getting to the point she can run and jump onto the couch and chairs. Still running 90-95% on the pody training. 10 weeks old now.

I have about had it with these picture problems. I have rotated this thing 360 degrees and it just puts it however the hell it wants.
    I see you tried to send me a PM but my box was full. Please try again. I tried to reply to you on the PM thread and kept getting an error message. I think the PM section of GTT is feeling "spunky" today.....

Woody and Winnie will become best buddies over time and very protective of one another. Just make sure when Winnie reaches full size she doesn't start bossing Woody around as that might build some tension between them. Young dogs often take the tolerance of an older dog while they are small and developing, especially during play and confuse the message with such tolerance being a green light for the younger dog to challenge the older dogs pack leader or dominance status. It doesn't happen often, but if you notice their "play" getting rough as Winnie grows and she seems to be more serious, its best you intervene and just say NO.

Woody is thinking "This kid is learning" and he is putting up with a little more and more as Winnie grows. Usually, Woody will let her know when she is going too far. It might even take a nip or two for Winnie to get the message as she gets bigger. If you sense the tone getting nastier as Winnie gets bigger, just don't let her push it to the point that Woody will feel the need to defend his status. The vast majority of the time, a snarl or nip is all it takes to keep everything on a level playing field. But if you notice this snarl or nip is happening more often or is turning into several snarls and nips, its best you stop it.

One day, Winnie will realize she no longer has a physical disadvantage in size and challenge him more and more. Age, gender and even physical size don't determine who is the pack leader. Its all about attitude and the willing to back it up. These issues are more likely to surface when there are multiple dogs. Just monitor their play and interaction and as Winnie grows, she is likely to keep grabbing more and more authority in their relationship. It sounds like she doesn't back down easily now, which is why I mention this issue. One day, he is going to nip her or do something when he is tired of dealing with her "pushiness", which is all part of a dogs growth. Woody will determine just how far he will let her go and as long as she respects the limit he sits, everyone will get along great. But if she keeps insisting on pushing the envelope, he will likely make his role very clear to her.

Chances are, they will be best buddies and there is no doubt, Winnie will help keep Woody younger. You did the right thing by adopting her. Its better for you, Woody and Winnie, all for different reasons. No doubt she is a cutie.

Try and get her to go potty ASAP at 3am when she get you up and then right back into the house and bed. Keep telling her "Go Potty" or whatever you might call it and then really praise her when she does go outside as you want. Do this positive reinforecement Each time and she will catch on very quickly. It will become a game she will like to play and you can even develop it to get her to go on command, which is handy when you have to leave, etc. Or for a urine sample at the vet during visits, etc. She will catch on quickly. We always give our girls a piece of a "Nudge", which is a meat type dog treat. I tear them into 3 or 4 pieces, so each one is like one bite. No need for a full sized treat. One bite size piece will get the message across.

If you let her play after the 3am trips outside, she will fully wake up and so will you. Plus, right now its not to bad but as she grows up and her body develops, she should be able to go longer periods of time before going outside to have to TCB. Of course an upset stomach or such can always change things temporarily, but overall, she should get to the point where 6 to 8 hours or more of being in the house shouldn't be a problem.

Never punish accidents in the house as dogs so live in the moment, they often don't understand what they are being punished for unless you catch them in the act. Even then, a stern "NO" and take her outside and then the praise when she does go and soon accidents will be a things of the past. Just like people, they respond to kindness and love much better than negative responses.

What a great looking canine family you have. I bet you will notice Woody seems more active and even acts "younger" over the next year. Bringing WINNIE into your family is great for her, you and Woody. Dogs are such great family members. I am glad you adopted Winnie and thank you for sharing Winnie and Woody with us here on GTT. I am sure many enjoy this just as much as Mrs. Bear and I do..............
    DRobinson, Bubber, rydplrs and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Randog (08-13-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #7172
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post

Wife got him for me. He’s 5 months old and 45lbs already. He’s a golden retriever.
    Firemark,

Your post about your new K9 family member happened to land on this thread right at the same time that Don lost Dynamite and many of the posts were condolences to Don and his wife for the loss of their family member. As such, your new dog hasn't gotten the normal welcome that most new K9 or Feline family members receive. Please share more details if you don't mind as we enjoy hearing the stories of new companion animals joining the homes of our friends here on GTT.

Please share some more details and even photos, if you would, about your new buddy, with the GTT critter page followers. What is his name? What's his background? How did your wife select him and had you two been looking? Do you have other companion animals at home?
    If you don't mind sharing these and other details, we certainly would like to hear more about your new pal.....He is very handsome.

Also, if you are interested, Mrs. Bear and I would like to send your new pal a little welcome to the GTT family present. Please send a PM to me, with your mailing address and name if you would allow us to send a small, welcome gift for your new Golden Retriever Puppy / Youngster. There is no obligation and we won't bother you or share or allow any use of this confidential information other than for the Big Brown Truck to deliver a package to your Golden Retriever puppy.

My wife really likes to put together Christmas / Holiday packages for the animals as well. We expect nothing in return and certainly don't want anyone to feel obligated in any way, as that isn't why she ( I guess we...) do this.

I am sure there are GTT members who can verify what I am saying about their experiences and their companion animals getting a package from us. We aren't psycho's and we aren't trying to get anyone to join any pyramid organization or is there any other motive. My wife enjoys and does a very good job at selecting different toys or treats which dogs really seem to like and enjoy. We appreciate seeing pictures of companion animals enjoying their new items and hearing updates about the animals and hearing of their exploits and watching them grow up. It isn't just when new animals are adopted, but also for things such as "Get Well" packages following a surgery or other medical or similar challenge.

We protect your privacy and we ask you return the same courtesy to us. That's it. While many people are active on Facebook and not concerned about such matters, we are concerned about such matters and prefer to keep all personal identifying information and details off the internet. As a friend of mine recently told me, my wife is the ONLY female he knows who isn't on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media type site excluding, of course, the GTT forums. While you are likely to see pictures of the real Sulley Bear and Beasely, you won't ever see a photo of myself or my wife which would permit identification.

Congratulations on your new family member. We are Hoping to hear and see more about your new buddy here on GTT....................
    DRobinson, Bubber, rtgt and 4 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Firemark (08-14-2019)

6. Top | #7173
    Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    I posted in another thread too, but figured I should drop a pic in here.

Wife and I decided that our life wasn't crazy enough yet with 2 jobs each, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat... SOOO, we added a puppy.

Meet Axel. Deutsch Drahthaar, probably end up a slick coat, so minimal beard and ear fringe, but that's OK as less burr issues then!

Let the insanity begin. It's been 7 years since I've trained a hunting dog... hope I don't screw this one up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized_20190803_184450_7305.jpeg   Resized_20190804_194924_5348.jpeg   Resized_20190803_192205_8155.jpeg  
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #7174
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Thanks
    95 degrees, asphalt baking in the sun and Ding Dong decides it's a good place to lay down...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HQC09G3_5dbOujuNjTUpBayqOevNaQVZqFHhBnlaHqU-VEkYGhTYtL1Y8vqTteROEG3Yc7N10NkpIYyUQicrORSnqQOa3sWg.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	699558
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

9. Top | #7175
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback Sulley. I did get that message out. Took me a while to figure out what was going wrong.

I never scold the dog for any accidents. I just say you should do that outside and immediatly take her out. It doesn't make me angry. I understand the physical limitations of her little body. And, I knew all these challenges when I went into this. Figured on some furniture damage, carpet replacement, shoe damage and a few scars. All comes with the program. Wouldn't turn back now for anything.

The Alpha thing with Woody runs pretty deep. I have seen him start and finish many confrontations. No fear is the best description. Example: neighbor had a 150 pound mastiff. Nicest dog in the world. First time Woody met him he pulled the I'm the boss routine. In a split second the mastiff had Woody's head in his mouth. They where best buddies after that. That is the only male dog he has ever backed down from. Has a few girlfriends he plays with but doesn't see them often enough. I knew my only chance for a second dog would be a female.

Since Woody is pretty smart and has a huge vocabulary already, I just need to monitor when they are playing. He has done a couple check nips when she gets out of hand. I don't scold him for it, I just say be nice. He knows exactly what I mean. As she gets bigger an issue could arise where he is going to say I am the boss around here, don't forget it! Lets hope they are best buddy's by then and its' over in a second or two with a quick correction. He can be pretty persuasive.
    rtgt, rydplrs, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.
    2016 1025R FILB: Loaded R4's - 72# Starters - 60" MMM - Mechanical lift - 260 BH - H120 - 53" bucket - Ballast box - 647 Tiller - JD 40 gal 3 pt sprayer
    2003 X595: R3's - 62C MMM - 3 pt hitch - 47" blower - 80 cart - Brinly 24x36 roller - Parker lawn sweeper - 10 suitcase weights
    1994 445: Sold
    2004 X485 AWS:
    Sold

10. Top | #7176
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks
    Toffee had a pill from the vet that gave her a 2 AM run for the door. She was a good girl and barked to get out of her kennel. Sleep with a pup is over rated.

She has been sleepy all day.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.

11. Top | #7177

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 11:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rakane View Post
    Toffee had a pill from the vet that gave her a 2 AM run for the door. She was a good girl and barked to get out of her kennel. Sleep with a pup is over rated.

She has been sleepy all day.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.
    She is such a cutie!!

This is my first post, SulleyBear suggested I have my own account so can see all of the GTT critter pictures. My post will be much shorter than SulleyBear's because he thinks he is the "Alpha Dog".

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsSulleyBear For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (08-15-2019), mark02tj (08-14-2019), rakane (08-14-2019), rtgt (08-14-2019)

13. Top | #7178

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Thanks
    This thread is going to the dogs<smile>
    DRobinson, rtgt, rydplrs and 2 others like this.

14. Top | #7179
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSulleyBear View Post
    She is such a cutie!!

This is my first post, SulleyBear suggested I have my own account so can see all of the GTT critter pictures. My post will be much shorter than SulleyBear's because he thinks he is the "Alpha Dog".
    Welcome Mrs. SulleyBear!

Nice to have you - looking forward to your participation.
    DRobinson, rtgt, rydplrs and 2 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

15. Top | #7180
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 653 Posts
    DRobinson, catching up here and I am very sorry to read the post about Dynamite.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, rydplrs and 2 others like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilmo For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (08-14-2019)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 718 of 728 FirstFirst ... 218 618 668 708 716 717 718 719 720 ... LastLast