8 34.78%
  • Other

2 8.70%
  • Pappa

1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 406 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree50383Likes

Thread: How Many Sandwiches Do You Eat Per Day?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 924 Posts

How Many Sandwiches Do You Eat Per Day?

Thanks for humoring me, this may seem silly. Over the years of working with construction, road and now engineer/office folks, I have noticed that some guys eat multiple sandwiches each day. If I bring a sandwich, I bring one and eat it at lunch time. But I see many guys eating one or two sandwiches at their morning break and then another one or two sandwiches for lunch. This must be the norm and I'm the odd man out?
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 7 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Thanks for humoring me, this may seem silly. Over the years of working with construction, road and now engineer/office folks, I have noticed that some guys eat multiple sandwiches each day. If I bring a sandwich, I bring one and eat it at lunch time. But I see many guys eating one or two sandwiches at their morning break and then another one or two sandwiches for lunch. This must be the norm and I'm the odd man out?

Hmm. Do cheeseburgers count?

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    colonypark--how old are these people eating all these sandwiches???

is their bread--white--wheat bread--12grain bread-- what do they have between the slices of bread--u know--like say-peanut butter and jelly?

what's in ur sandwich-CP??

over the yrs i have seen some guys eat as high as 6 sandwiches a day-jeez-not me-i usually had 1 or 2 packed in my bucket, and they was peanut butter(jiff-the only kind) and jelly(strawberry and it was always Smuckers too)

some people can eat a lot, and not gain an ounce of weight, while others like me--not

see what everyone is bringing for their sandwiches--maybe they are traded their's for other type's.
    p.s.-what brought this on??? i'm wondering if ur gonna try and beat the key thread with this one!!
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    05-17-2019 @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    I did not get to 420# by eating one sandwich a day. This is bought and paid for.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,289 Posts
    One for lunch.

Sometimes a burger for supper.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 6 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,650 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Whats a sandwich? Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, maybe a pickle and some chips.
    BTW, can't get under the 188lbs mark.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,650 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Whats a sandwich? Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, maybe a pickle and some chips. Can't get under the 188lbs mark.
    BTW, This is a stupid thread.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Whats a sandwich? Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, maybe a pickle and some chips.
    BTW, can't get under the 188lbs mark.
    With that diet, you should have to tie on to something to keep from blowing away.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,438 Posts
    I usually would eat one sandwich at lunch and once in a while the wife would have sloppy joes or some other type sandwich for dinner.
    Heck for several years would eat a large Peanut Butter cup Blizzard or Oreo Blizzard for lunch.

Years ago my nephews new bride would fix his sandwiches for the week on Sat or Sunday and wrap them in wax paper and place them in the freezer. He and my youngest brother worked at the same saw mill. One day my brother asked him why the water was running from his sandwich . I guess the water was almost pouring from his sandwiches. Brother gave our nephew a sandwich for the day . That evening Jeff went home and threw away the sandwiches in the freezer. After that he never had a soggy sandwich but a nice fresh made .
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 12 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    colonypark--how old are these people eating all these sandwiches???

is their bread--white--wheat bread--12grain bread-- what do they have between the slices of bread--u know--like say-peanut butter and jelly?

what's in ur sandwich-CP??

over the yrs i have seen some guys eat as high as 6 sandwiches a day-jeez-not me-i usually had 1 or 2 packed in my bucket, and they was peanut butter(jiff-the only kind) and jelly(strawberry and it was always Smuckers too)

some people can eat a lot, and not gain an ounce of weight, while others like me--not

see what everyone is bringing for their sandwiches--maybe they are traded their's for other type's.
    p.s.-what brought this on??? i'm wondering if ur gonna try and beat the key thread with this one!!
    I agree Jif is the only way to go. My sandwiches are always different. I am 6ft tall and hover at 200 lbs. I am one of the heaviest guys. One crams down 2 PB and banana sandwiches everyday for lunch. Two of the others eat two sandwiches each at lunch. They use Extra Protein bread, multiple slices of pepper jack cheese and even more slices of Buffalo style turkey. Then they pour on mayo and hot sauce in generous quantities. They end up with Dagwood Bumstead sandwiches. Maybe their wives don't cook well?

Let's go after the key thread! In regards to this thread, yeah I've had better ideas, see my comment below.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Whats a sandwich? Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, maybe a pickle and some chips. Can't get under the 188lbs mark.
    BTW, This is a stupid thread.

It seemed like a good way to answer this nagging thought I've had, but reading it now, yeah it is way stupid.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 406 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast