• 1 Post By JeffB1
  • 1 Post By Radsbee

Thread: Just Ordered 4" Edge Tamers

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-29-2018 @ 01:07 PM
    Thanks

Just Ordered 4" Edge Tamers

Looking forward to receiving these and putting on my 2210 - 210 loader. Was looking for "something" to put on the loader for early and late season snow removal. Most of the time I use my 47" snow blower and rear blade. The other thing I am looking forward to is to able to scoop mulch and leaves without digging into the ground (leaving the soil behind) and ultimately saving wear and tear on the cutting edge.

In reading the various posts and threads on GTT, I also would be interested in the option for rear blades. I use a Frontier 1060L on the back. If you folks come up with a set for us folks that have SCUT machines, would welcome the opportunity to try them out for you.
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 11:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffB1 View Post
    Looking forward to receiving these and putting on my 2210 - 210 loader. Was looking for "something" to put on the loader for early and late season snow removal. Most of the time I use my 47" snow blower and rear blade. The other thing I am looking forward to is to able to scoop mulch and leaves without digging into the ground (leaving the soil behind) and ultimately saving wear and tear on the cutting edge.

In reading the various posts and threads on GTT, I also would be interested in the option for rear blades. I use a Frontier 1060L on the back. If you folks come up with a set for us folks that have SCUT machines, would welcome the opportunity to try them out for you.
    Some PVC pipe??
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks

PVC Pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Some PVC pipe??
    Never thought of that and not sure how I would make that work ... but am willing to try it.
    Levi likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffB1 View Post
    Never thought of that and not sure how I would make that work ... but am willing to try it.

Cut a 2"-3" round price of pipe as long as your blade. Then cut a slit in the pipe long ways. Make the slit just wide enough to slip over the edge of your blade. Done.
    Levi and JeffB1 like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to H-D dealer dude For This Useful Post:

JeffB1 (03-11-2017)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Off to the shop

Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    Cut a 2"-3" round price of pipe as long as your blade. Then cut a slit in the pipe long ways. Make the slit just wide enough to slip over the edge of your blade. Done.
    Thank you H-D dealer dude, time for a cup of coffee and head out the the shop and make this happen. Will be able to test this week with the foot plus of snow they are predicting for Tuesday/Wednesday here in NH.
    H-D dealer dude likes this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:15 AM
    Thanks
    Edge Tamers work great, have to put mine back on for the storm coming, back to a gravel driveway. They work great on the lawn, I clear part of my back lawn and you would not know I was there.
    JeffB1 likes this.
    Don

2016 1025R w/Tektite cab
    h120 FEL 53"
    54" Blower
    weight box
    IMatch quick hitch
    3" Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks,Differential Pedal Extension and Seat Spring Upgrade

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements