Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Back dragging with the blade and Edge Tamers

1. Top | #11

Last Online
    05-18-2019 @ 07:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rcguymike View Post
    This is the only thing keeping me from buying these. Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Maybe something that clamps on the top of the bucket you could tip forward to use for back dragging like a snow pusher? I saw a neat pusher for skid steer that can be installed over/on a bucketand removed just by tipping forward and back. That would be slick
    Keep a wrench in your pocket, takes 60 seconds to remove or install tamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    Keep a wrench in your pocket, takes 60 seconds to remove or install tamers.
    Yes they are super Fast to remove. There One of the best investments I made for My Tractor especially for Taking out the Trash [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/bigthumbup.gif[/IMG]
    I was thinking a cordless impact😁. But still have to get on and off and waste a bit of time.
    --Used extensively: 1022, 3032e
    --"renting" to own: 1023e, FEL, landscape rake, custom "heavy hitch", ranchex quick'tach, custom made rock bucket

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,172 Posts
    I was thinking a cordless impact😁. But still have to get on and off and waste a bit of time.
    If you can weld, you could always weld a piece of round bar to the top of the existing bolt head to create a T-handle that would allow you to attach and remove them without tools.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks
    FWIW, we don't do the T-handle thing because you'll be taking material into the bucket, which could then move against the T-handle, defeating its purpose. I'd offer that unless you want to physically dig into the ground or scrape a surface completely off with the lip of your bucket, there aren't many reasons they shouldn't be on all the time. In the grand scheme of a project, the minute or two of install/removal time of these should not be a factor. Everyone is different, but I can count on one hand the number of times I put them on or take them off all year.
    jgayman and BigJim55 like this.
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL
    -John Deere 175 Hydro w/38" deck for mowing
    -1983 EZ-Go 3 wheel golf cart, because it's fun
    -Kubota BX2230 w/60" MMM & FEL
    -John Deere X320 w/48" deck for mowing

Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders available: http://r2manufacturing.com
    See the videos for yourself!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    If you can weld, you could always weld a piece of round bar to the top of the existing bolt head to create a T-handle that would allow you to attach and remove them without tools.
    I've got 3 cordless impacts, I can spare keeping one on the tractor

Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    FWIW, we don't do the T-handle thing because you'll be taking material into the bucket, which could then move against the T-handle, defeating its purpose. I'd offer that unless you want to physically dig into the ground or scrape a surface completely off with the lip of your bucket, there aren't many reasons they shouldn't be on all the time. In the grand scheme of a project, the minute or two of install/removal time of these should not be a factor. Everyone is different, but I can count on one hand the number of times I put them on or take them off all year.
    I like keeping near the garage door clean down to the asphalt, as it is now my Jeep can't fit with the roof rack. I'm going to be making some low profile roof cross bars in hopes of making it fit, but it's still going to be close. I could probably keep it good enough but wouldn't really know for sure until I tried it.

BTW, have you guys thought about selling on Amazon? We're cashbpoor right now but I have loads of Hilton Honors points I would probably buy a set right now if you did:-).
    Last edited by rcguymike; 10-28-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    --"renting" to own: 1023e, FEL, landscape rake, custom "heavy hitch", ranchex quick'tach, custom made rock bucket

7. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi rcguymike,

Regarding backdragging, the amount of snow that would be left should be minimal, literally a few scoops with a shovel near the garage door after and done, especially in comparison to what you could do with the bucket on its own.

Regarding Amazon, yeah we've thought about it, but at the moment we can't keep them in stock, we are on rolling backorders. Amazon would be none to happy with us. Once we have production more sustained, we'll see. We have some thoughts on that, but it will take time.

Thanks,

The R2 Guys
    BigJim55 and coaltrain like this.
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL

8. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Perhaps a piece of barn floor mat attached to the back of the bucket? Aligned such that when the bucket is curled all the way back and lowered all the way down, it is just long enough to scrape the ground? Then you can cleanly back drag snow in the same manner you would back drag gravel or dirt with the back of the bucket.
    Kennyd and mark02tj like this.
    1026r | 60D | CID Pallet Forks | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch (extended hook) | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

9. Top | #17

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    Hi rcguymike,

Regarding backdragging, the amount of snow that would be left should be minimal, literally a few scoops with a shovel near the garage door after and done, especially in comparison to what you could do with the bucket on its own.

Regarding Amazon, yeah we've thought about it, but at the moment we can't keep them in stock, we are on rolling backorders. Amazon would be none to happy with us. Once we have production more sustained, we'll see. We have some thoughts on that, but it will take time.

Thanks,

The R2 Guys
    Thanks for the feedback! I will just have to see how winter goes for now and then maybe I'll just have to buy some to try it. I'm sure I could resell if they don't work out.

I haven't looked into it too closely but would selling 3rd party, not necessarily fulfilled by Amazon work? Or do they have stocking rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    Perhaps a piece of barn floor mat attached to the back of the bucket? Aligned such that when the bucket is curled all the way back and lowered all the way down, it is just long enough to scrape the ground? Then you can cleanly back drag snow in the same manner you would back drag gravel or dirt with the back of the bucket.
    I'm hoping to get within a few inches of the door, I think back dragging with the bucket rolled all of the way back would be about the same as the edge tamers and it seems to work ok for dirt.

I'm planning on parking the tractor in the garage so one side of the driveway won't be a problem... maybe if I switch which side I park on that might make the difference.

10. Top | #18
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 2,189 Posts
    You’re talking about just in front of one garage door?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8A981B9-FAB4-41EE-B70E-F467A5549031.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	654894
    firemachine69 and Fade2Blk like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #19

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    You’re talking about just in front of one garage door?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8A981B9-FAB4-41EE-B70E-F467A5549031.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	654894
    Lol good one😂 I have plenty of those... actually narrower, any time the snow caster won't work you aren't using a shovel much wider than 20".

This was over one evening...

Click for full res
    coaltrain and JD4044M like this.

12. Top | #20
    Last Online
    Thanks

I haven't looked into it too closely but would selling 3rd party, not necessarily fulfilled by Amazon work? Or do they have stocking rules?
    At the moment we're on backorder, so selling them isn't the issue, making them fast enough and of the right quality is. FBA isn't a great option because they're quite heavy, and we'd have to pass all that expense back to the customer. Also, the Edge Tamers sell quite seasonally, exactly at the time when Amazon ramps up their storage and fulfillment costs for Christmas. I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but hey, that's why these forums exist, right?

Ultimately, though, it still comes down to Amazon doesn't like vendors who run out of stock, so we have to make sure that cannot possibly happen, and we're not there at the moment.

Hope this makes sense!
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast