Back dragging with the blade and Edge Tamers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Back dragging with the blade and Edge Tamers

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Truth be told, the Edge Tamers are a specific product for a specific customer:

A customer that wants to use his factory loader/bucket, because they have either neither the money nor the space for a different attachment.

If OP is even remotely handy with a welder, there are plenty of "ideas" floating around on the internet that emulate what the Edge Tamers do, while having fancy options such as a quick on/off feature. They would also cost a little fortune to get made in a welding shop. Not too bad price-wise for someone like me running commercially, but far beyond the very reasonable $75ish that R2 charges for a pair for someone who does their own driveway exclusively.
    mark02tj likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22

Last Online
    05-18-2019 @ 07:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rcguymike View Post

I haven't looked into it too closely but would selling 3rd party, not necessarily fulfilled by Amazon work? Or do they have stocking rules?
    At the moment we're on backorder, so selling them isn't the issue, making them fast enough and of the right quality is. FBA isn't a great option because they're quite heavy, and we'd have to pass all that expense back to the customer. Also, the Edge Tamers sell quite seasonally, exactly at the time when Amazon ramps up their storage and fulfillment costs for Christmas. I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but hey, that's why these forums exist, right?

Ultimately, though, it still comes down to Amazon doesn't like vendors who run out of stock, so we have to make sure that cannot possibly happen, and we're not there at the moment.

Hope this makes sense!
    Yeah makes sense. I'm totally fascinated by Amazon and like learning about all different aspects of how they work. I actually work for Dematic and we're design and build most of Amazon's conveyor systems for their warehouses. Some people say conveyor is boring but I've been doing it for 5+years and it's still fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Truth be told, the Edge Tamers are a specific product for a specific customer:

A customer that wants to use his factory loader/bucket, because they have either neither the money nor the space for a different attachment.

If OP is even remotely handy with a welder, there are plenty of "ideas" floating around on the internet that emulate what the Edge Tamers do, while having fancy options such as a quick on/off feature. They would also cost a little fortune to get made in a welding shop. Not too bad price-wise for someone like me running commercially, but far beyond the very reasonable $75ish that R2 charges for a pair for someone who does their own driveway exclusively.
    I'm perfectly capable of building them myself, and I'd say I fall into the category of lacking money and space, lol. It's just nice to support companies that do build things by the time I invest my time and resources and then pay someone to powedercoat them, drive there and back I wouldn't have much if anything.

Sorry for the hijack OP!
    --Used extensively: 1022, 3032e
    --"renting" to own: 1023e, FEL, landscape rake, custom "heavy hitch", ranchex quick'tach, custom made rock bucket

4. Top | #23

Last Online
    Thanks
    So, we had our first snow...14". And I was gone in PHX and my flight home actually got cancelled because of the storm. So I came home to a 2.5-3' plow bank and was thankful for my Jeep😁. ('99 XJ on IRO 3-link and 33" Duratracs). Drove right into the driveway no problem and packed it down a bit so I could walk in the house without drenching my legs. Took care of it all the next day.

It was super nice to be able to angle the bucket down and just scrape up all of the snow. Pushed right through the plow bank with a bit of momentum too. So being the first snow and first time using a tractor with FEL exclusively to clear the snow I decided I'd clear everywhere I could possibly want for some reason or another. I did pretty well but I definitely need more weight and my idea to shove everything to the sides of the driveway and then push it all back is a bit flawed. Both sides are slightly uphill so really the only way to get enough momentum and traction is to use high range and get a bit of speed built up. This works reasonably well but if the bucket isn't exactly at the right angle it digs into the grass or floats up and you end up packing down a bunch of snow and you have to go back and clean it again...and at that point you aren't exactly sure where the snow ends and the grounds begins.

Let's just say I bit the bullet and just bought the edge tamers! It'll be way easier and I won't have to be worried if the wife needs to clear more of the driveway than just a swipe or 2 into the road until I can get back home to fix it. And I can always zip them off with the impact and go back and scrap down the driveway! We'll find out how bad I did come spring but I don't think I did too much damage. Total with the TTWT coupon was $109. I'll be home Friday night and it's supposed to snow all week so I hope it's there!

Edit: also anyone else notice that pretty much anyway you adjust the angle of the buck, float still cause the front end to lift off the ground?
    Last edited by rcguymike; 11-12-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    --"renting" to own: 1023e, FEL, landscape rake, custom "heavy hitch", ranchex quick'tach, custom made rock bucket

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24
    Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    So, we had our first snow...14". And I was gone in PHX and my flight home actually got cancelled because of the storm. So I came home to a 2.5-3' plow bank and was thankful for my Jeep😁. ('99 XJ on IRO 3-link and 33" Duratracs). Drove right into the driveway no problem and packed it down a bit so I could walk in the house without drenching my legs. Took care of it all the next day.

It was super nice to be able to angle the bucket down and just scrape up all of the snow. Pushed right through the plow bank with a bit of momentum too. So being the first snow and first time using a tractor with FEL exclusively to clear the snow I decided I'd clear everywhere I could possibly want for some reason or another. I did pretty well but I definitely need more weight and my idea to shove everything to the sides of the driveway and then push it all back is a bit flawed. Both sides are slightly uphill so really the only way to get enough momentum and traction is to use high range and get a bit of speed built up. This works reasonably well but if the bucket isn't exactly at the right angle it digs into the grass or floats up and you end up packing down a bunch of snow and you have to go back and clean it again...and at that point you aren't exactly sure where the snow ends and the grounds begins.

Let's just say I bit the bullet and just bought the edge tamers! It'll be way easier and I won't have to be worried if the wife needs to clear more of the driveway than just a swipe or 2 into the road until I can get back home to fix it. And I can always zip them off with the impact and go back and scrap down the driveway! We'll find out how bad I did come spring but I don't think I did too much damage. Total with the TTWT coupon was $109. I'll be home Friday night and it's supposed to snow all week so I hope it's there!

Edit: also anyone else notice that pretty much anyway you adjust the angle of the buck, float still cause the front end to lift off the ground?
    Nice to hear from the U.P., just a reminder to be careful building up speed as a frozen snow bank can stop your machine dead in its tracks and injure the operator.
    rcguymike likes this.

John Deere 3038E
    300E Loader / 61” Bucket
    BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    FRONTIER Grooming Mower GM3060
    Titan Attachments CAT 1 Ballast Box
    Land Pride Back Blade 7’
    CountyLine Box Blade 6’
    CountyLine York Rake 6’

7. Top | #25

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    Nice to hear from the U.P., just a reminder to be careful building up speed as a frozen snow bank can stop your machine dead in its tracks and injure the operator.
    I made sure they were nice and fluffy. I needed momentum mostly for the stuff I had already moved parallel to the driveway and now I need to move perpendicular to push it back into the yard. Do need to be careful of the sidewalks and digging into the dirt, another reason to get edge tamers...preventing hitting those lips accidentally.
    Fade2Blk likes this.

8. Top | #26

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post

I haven't looked into it too closely but would selling 3rd party, not necessarily fulfilled by Amazon work? Or do they have stocking rules?
    At the moment we're on backorder, so selling them isn't the issue, making them fast enough and of the right quality is. FBA isn't a great option because they're quite heavy, and we'd have to pass all that expense back to the customer. Also, the Edge Tamers sell quite seasonally, exactly at the time when Amazon ramps up their storage and fulfillment costs for Christmas. I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but hey, that's why these forums exist, right?

Ultimately, though, it still comes down to Amazon doesn't like vendors who run out of stock, so we have to make sure that cannot possibly happen, and we're not there at the moment.

Hope this makes sense!
    Yeah makes sense. I'm totally fascinated by Amazon and like learning about all different aspects of how they work. I actually work for Dematic and we're design and build most of Amazon's conveyor systems for their warehouses. Some people say conveyor is boring but I've been doing it for 5+years and it's still fun for me.
    Wow I just came across an article and it seems Amazon charges a lot to sell, for less than 40 orders a month $1 a piece PLUS fees! No wonder eBay is still in business.

In this case to have prime shipping and be able to use my Hilton honors points I would probably pay $5 extra, but I was sent out on 2 one week trips to optimize PHX3 these past 2 weeks and worked over 80 hours each week...that should cover the edge tamers when that credit bill is due😁.
    Kennyd likes this.

9. Top | #27
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,975 Times in 2,481 Posts
    Wow I just came across an article and it seems Amazon charges a lot to sell, for less than 40 orders a month $1 a piece PLUS fees! No wonder eBay is still in business.
    Exactly.
    Ebay charges 10%, then PayPal another 2.9% on top of that.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3