Back dragging with the blade and Edge Tamers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Back dragging with the blade and Edge Tamers

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    08-05-2019 @ 03:17 PM
    Location
    Washington Court House, Ohio
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Back dragging with the blade and Edge Tamers

    Thinking about getting edge tamers for my 2032R for this winter. I usually take the bucket and put it at about a 45 degree tangle and back back down my long side walk to clean it off, like using a rear grader blade. Do you think this would still be possible with the tamers on?
    -2017 John Deere 2032R
    FEL, Titan pallet forks/ bale spear, quick hitch, Ballast Box, 72" King Cutter tiller, 72" King Cutter grader blade, 72" Bush Hog rotary cutter, 72" King Cutter finish mower, 2 row John Deere 7100 planter.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    TheR2Guys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Location
    Western NY & Point of Rocks MD
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 64 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison295 View Post
    Thinking about getting edge tamers for my 2032R for this winter. I usually take the bucket and put it at about a 45 degree tangle and back back down my long side walk to clean it off, like using a rear grader blade. Do you think this would still be possible with the tamers on?
    Hi Morrison,

    If you are concerned about them falling off due to back dragging, that will not be a problem. When you angle the bucket, I'd recommend roughly matching the slope of the front of the Edge Tamers (so the tips "ski" along the surface), and that should maintain a small but helpful separation between your bucket and the ground. If you increase the angle, you'll just get more separation as basically only the very tips will be making ground contact.

    Hope this makes sense, let us know if we can help further!

    The R2 Guys
    Gizmo2, Levi, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL
    -John Deere 175 Hydro w/38" deck for mowing
    -1983 EZ-Go 3 wheel golf cart, because it's fun
    -Kubota BX2230 w/60" MMM & FEL
    -John Deere X320 w/48" deck for mowing



    Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders available: http://r2manufacturing.com
    See the videos for yourself!

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,263
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 754 Times in 550 Posts
    If I'm reading the OP's question correctly, his current practice of back dragging gets all the way down to the sidewalks surface and cleans it off. He's not going to be able to do that with the Edge Tamers as they will keep his bucket lip up off the surface (as they're designed to do). He will be able to back drag, but it will leave a layer of snow on the surface.
    Levi, Marlin and wentonbrown like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    TheR2Guys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Location
    Western NY & Point of Rocks MD
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 64 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    If I'm reading the OP's question correctly, his current practice of back dragging gets all the way down to the sidewalks surface and cleans it off. He's not going to be able to do that with the Edge Tamers as they will keep his bucket lip up off the surface (as they're designed to do). He will be able to back drag, but it will leave a layer of snow on the surface.
    That is correct. Thank you for clarifying!
    Levi likes this.
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL
    -John Deere 175 Hydro w/38" deck for mowing
    -1983 EZ-Go 3 wheel golf cart, because it's fun
    -Kubota BX2230 w/60" MMM & FEL
    -John Deere X320 w/48" deck for mowing



    Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders available: http://r2manufacturing.com
    See the videos for yourself!

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,263
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 754 Times in 550 Posts
    My pleasure.

    Does the clarification now qualify me for a 40% discount on my next Edge Tamers purchase?

    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  8. Top | #6
    TheR2Guys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Location
    Western NY & Point of Rocks MD
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 64 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    My pleasure.

    Does the clarification now qualify me for a 40% discount on my next Edge Tamers purchase?

    Ha! Not if you want us to keep making them
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL
    -John Deere 175 Hydro w/38" deck for mowing
    -1983 EZ-Go 3 wheel golf cart, because it's fun
    -Kubota BX2230 w/60" MMM & FEL
    -John Deere X320 w/48" deck for mowing



    Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders available: http://r2manufacturing.com
    See the videos for yourself!

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,263
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 754 Times in 550 Posts
    Can't blame a guy for asking, can ya?


    A very wise man once told me "The best thing a business can do for its customers is to stay in business!"
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

    TheR2Guys (08-22-2017)

  11. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    05-18-2019 @ 07:47 AM
    Location
    UP of Mi
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is the only thing keeping me from buying these. Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Maybe something that clamps on the top of the bucket you could tip forward to use for back dragging like a snow pusher? I saw a neat pusher for skid steer that can be installed over/on a bucketand removed just by tipping forward and back. That would be slick
    --Used extensively: 1022, 3032e
    --"renting" to own: 1023e, FEL, landscape rake, custom "heavy hitch", ranchex quick'tach, custom made rock bucket

  12. Top | #9
    Fade2Blk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcguymike View Post
    This is the only thing keeping me from buying these. Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Maybe something that clamps on the top of the bucket you could tip forward to use for back dragging like a snow pusher? I saw a neat pusher for skid steer that can be installed over/on a bucketand removed just by tipping forward and back. That would be slick
    Keep a wrench in your pocket, takes 60 seconds to remove or install tamers.
    Kennyd, Sergeant, PaDave and 2 others like this.

    John Deere 3038E
    300E Loader / 61” Bucket
    BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    FRONTIER Grooming Mower GM3060
    Titan Attachments CAT 1 Ballast Box
    Land Pride Back Blade 7’
    CountyLine Box Blade 6’
    CountyLine York Rake 6’

  13. Top | #10
    Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 12:39 PM
    Location
    Kane County,IL
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    Keep a wrench in your pocket, takes 60 seconds to remove or install tamers.
    Yes they are super Fast to remove. There One of the best investments I made for My Tractor especially for Taking out the Trash
    IndianaJim and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

    MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •