Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: USPS tried to break them

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    We struggle with this too, but not quite as bad as R2 since their products are considerably heavier. Every time I price a shipment from UPS for a customer the quote is $5-$8 more than the USPS and it's 5 days to them, no one else can compare with the priority flat-rate box charge AND 2-3 day delivery times.

We ship a lot of boxes...and I mean A LOT of boxes, and the reality is that in the 5+ years we have been doing this, we have filed only 4 claims for lost packages all all where paid quickly.
    You must be blessed. I joined nextdoor.com (sort of a neighborhood Facebook) to gripe about the HOASS and water department; but the amount of posts by everyone about our terrible USPS service is by far the lion's share of the chatter there.
    Kennyd, Gizmo2 and trboxman like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    There are a lot of great points in this thread, part of why we love being a vendor on GTT. We will be working later this year with other shippers, though in the US for Edge Tamers it is unlikely anyone would choose anything but USPS. For point of comparison, trboxman's shipping, instead of being $21, would have been $70 if it came UPS. The interest in other shippers is more for international customers. For small, dense products like the Edge Tamers, USPS is hard to beat. We also really appreciated coaltrain's video; you can imagine if a stack of 20-30 lb boxes (at times we ship a lot at once) were being tossed through the conveyer together it is easy to conceive that they could be pretty roughed up. This would have been especially prevalent when we were paying down the backorder, which we have now completed.

As Kenny stated, USPS's loss rate is remarkably low. Even if a package gets held up in the system from time to time, it always eventually gets there. We wrap the boxes pretty heavily with tape to prevent this sort of thing, and yes reinforced tape can help but it is considerably more expensive. Similarly with the box in a box idea. In either of those cases, we would incur extra expense that we'd have to pass on, as our business is not geared towards making money on shipping. So that's an option.

At the end of the day, an overwhelming amount of the time the package gets there with no problem, but there will always be the few exceptions. I'm bummed that trboxman was one of them. But I am glad he brought this up, because it gives us a lot to think about to improve the shipping. Necessity may be the mother of invention, but feedback is the father of improvement. So thank you!
    This is exactly the dialog that I was hoping to spark with my post. I greatly appreciate that you took this as an opportunity for feedback vs. seeing it as an unhappy customer overlooking all of your hard work to provide a quality product at a reasonable price.

This all makes me even happier that I chose to buy your product vs. make my own.
    Last edited by trboxman; 02-05-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, mark02tj and 1 others like this.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trboxman For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (02-05-2018), TheR2Guys (02-05-2018)

5. Top | #23
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks
    I know it's been a while since this exchange, but to show that we really are trying to improve based on your feedback, we changed the way we tape the boxes. We are now using reinforced tape from an automated dispenser; we're hoping this will make the USPS damage issues a thing of the past, or at least as much as we can control. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	574873

Name:	IMG_0969.jpg 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	574841
    Last edited by TheR2Guys; 03-20-2018 at 09:52 PM.
    mjncad, Kennyd, glc and 9 others like this.
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL
    -John Deere 175 Hydro w/38" deck for mowing
    -1983 EZ-Go 3 wheel golf cart, because it's fun
    -Kubota BX2230 w/60" MMM & FEL
    -John Deere X320 w/48" deck for mowing

Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders available: http://r2manufacturing.com
    See the videos for yourself!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheR2Guys For This Useful Post:

glc (03-21-2018), jgayman (03-21-2018), Kennyd (03-21-2018), mjncad (03-21-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #24
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    You must be blessed. I joined nextdoor.com (sort of a neighborhood Facebook) to gripe about the HOASS and water department; but the amount of posts by everyone about our terrible USPS service is by far the lion's share of the chatter there.

I also belong to Next Door neighborhood, but I have yet to see a post about USPS on it. I have had a small incidence happen recently where the relief gal put the mail in the next mail box for multiple boxes, but otherwise, my regular mail carrier is great.

Dave
    mjncad and Gizmo2 like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

9. Top | #25
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    I know it's been a while since this exchange, but to show that we really are trying to improve based on your feedback, we changed the way we tape the boxes. We are now using reinforced tape from an automated dispenser; we're hoping this will make the USPS damage issues a thing of the past, or at least as much as we can control. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	574873

Name:	IMG_0969.jpg 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	574841
    Very nice!

Just a suggestion if you might need further reinforcement for heavier packages for multiple piece orders - it just takes a couple small slices with a utility knife to put a second box inside the first. Not like you have to pay for the boxes....
    mjncad, Kennyd, glc and 4 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3