Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Ohh Boy!!! New Edge Tamers!

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRet View Post
    so why not include the shipping in the price if you want to be upfront with everyone and just include the shipping in the price?

Understand your a vendor but I was not saying bad things about their product just why they couldn't include it.

If it would make you feel better I can remove this so no one else will be offended.
    I just went to their site. It tells you right on the page how much the shipping is. It says shipping is $7 a piece or $18 for the 6Ē.

I donít know how more up front they can be.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	B4FCF428-25DE-4C8A-9AC6-72283FA80CA3.jpeg†
Views:	9†
Size:	111.3 KB†
ID:	573729
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I didn't check GTT yesterday, this was an interesting thread. USAFRet, thank you for the feedback, I can understand the feeling. FWIW, we chose to do the shipping this way for several reasons:

1.) It is simple and (we were hoping) transparent. For US customers, the customer doesn't have to go through entering all their information to figure out what the shipping would cost.
    2.) We didn't want to incentivize customers to over-order. I routinely tell folks that if you're not sure if you need two or three, get two now and you can always order a third later. When customers do that on the 3" and 4" we frankly ship the single at a loss, but at least we've minded their pocketbook and didn't encourage them to spend more than they needed.
    3.) We can't do "free" shipping because we also ship internationally, and at the weights we ship the costs to us are highly variable. At the moment, we ship almost all international orders at a narrow loss. I need to go in and update our shipping tables since USPS increased their rates.

I'd offer a few other notes. One is that only in the US (and with USPS) can a small business ship 20+ lbs of steel product anywhere in the country for less than $20. We all benefit from the post office, God bless them. The second is that I promise anyone reading this thread that whenever I look at shipping revenue and shipping costs over any period of time, things about break even. We intend to make money from our products, not our shipping.

All that said, we plan on introducing more products later in the year, and we may have to revise some/all of these policies anyway, we'll see what happens. It all depends on how we can make things fit together so that when people put various things in the cart the shipping all works out.

Have a great evening all,

The Guys At R2
    Kennyd, DRobinson, fdmars and 14 others like this.
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL
    -John Deere 175 Hydro w/38" deck for mowing
    -1983 EZ-Go 3 wheel golf cart, because it's fun
    -Kubota BX2230 w/60" MMM & FEL
    -John Deere X320 w/48" deck for mowing

Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders available: http://r2manufacturing.com
    See the videos for yourself!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheR2Guys For This Useful Post:

BigJim55†(03-20-2018), coaltrain†(03-20-2018), DRobinson†(03-20-2018), GWT3046r†(03-19-2018), ilmo†(03-20-2018), jgayman†(03-19-2018), Kennyd†(03-20-2018), Tractor Tim†(03-20-2018)

5. Top | #13

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    Hi all,

I didn't check GTT yesterday, this was an interesting thread. USAFRet, thank you for the feedback, I can understand the feeling. FWIW, we chose to do the shipping this way for several reasons:

1.) It is simple and (we were hoping) transparent. For US customers, the customer doesn't have to go through entering all their information to figure out what the shipping would cost.
    2.) We didn't want to incentivize customers to over-order. I routinely tell folks that if you're not sure if you need two or three, get two now and you can always order a third later. When customers do that on the 3" and 4" we frankly ship the single at a loss, but at least we've minded their pocketbook and didn't encourage them to spend more than they needed.
    3.) We can't do "free" shipping because we also ship internationally, and at the weights we ship the costs to us are highly variable. At the moment, we ship almost all international orders at a narrow loss. I need to go in and update our shipping tables since USPS increased their rates.

I'd offer a few other notes. One is that only in the US (and with USPS) can a small business ship 20+ lbs of steel product anywhere in the country for less than $20. We all benefit from the post office, God bless them. The second is that I promise anyone reading this thread that whenever I look at shipping revenue and shipping costs over any period of time, things about break even. We intend to make money from our products, not our shipping.

All that said, we plan on introducing more products later in the year, and we may have to revise some/all of these policies anyway, we'll see what happens. It all depends on how we can make things fit together so that when people put various things in the cart the shipping all works out.

Have a great evening all,

The Guys At R2
    Excellent response R2. Thanks for taking the time.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I will add one thing to R2ís post - these things are heavy! $7 a piece for shipping is a bargain.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I will add one thing to R2’s post - these things are heavy! $7 a piece for shipping is a bargain.
    That's the beauty of shipping them flat rate via the USPS.

Every time I grab one to mount it to my bucket I am amazed at the weight.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    That's the beauty of shipping them flat rate via the USPS.

Every time I grab one to mount it to my bucket I am amazed at the weight.
    Thatís why I posted that - just took mine off Sunday. Might have to put them back on however - thatís the beauty of these things - 2 minutes and ready for snow removal.
    Kennyd, BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thatís why I posted that - just took mine off Sunday. Might have to put them back on however - thatís the beauty of these things - 2 minutes and ready for snow removal.
    I know what you mean, they are calling for another SNOWpocalypse here in central PA again.. we'll see.

My biggest concern when installing my Edge Tamers is that I'm going to drop one on my foot when grabbing them off the shelf! :-)
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #18
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Kenny doesn't play any shipping games. I ordered his extended hooks for $x and paid $13.00 for shipping. I think the day my order was processed, he credited my charge card $6.00 or $7.00 because it didn't cost him as much as originally expected. Thanks Kenny!
    Kennyd, mark02tj, Jep and 2 others like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jdforever For This Useful Post:

Kennyd†(09-20-2018)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2