Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Ohh Boy!!! New Edge Tamers!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks

Ohh Boy!!! New Edge Tamers!

Got a little package in the mail yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,547 Posts

Nice
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 AM
    Thanks
    I looked those, mowjoe. Thought about them myself
    PaDave and BigJim55 like this.
    2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2017 X580
    Model 80 trailer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:41 PM
    Thanks
    As long as you go straight, they’ll stay on great.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2016 2032R w/H130, 53" Bucket, Frontier AP12F Pallets Forks, 5’ King Kutter Rotary Tiller, TSC Carry-All, Engine Block Heater.
    2000 345 w/48c Mower Deck, Front Bumper, Halogen Lights, Governor at Max RPM. 367hrs
    1990 Push Mower, electric start, rear bagger.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-26-2019 @ 11:59 AM
    Thanks

not bad but ....

I read a lot of good reviews on these and finally decided to give in and order a set....

That was until I saw the added shipping prices. Just like the tv adds everything looks good until they start piling on shipping and handling costs

So not only $7 for one but if wanted something werid like say 2 then add another $7 plus $45 more..

How many of you have ordered just one of these? (removed comment)..

Well wish them the best but also wish they wouldn't try this stupid shipping game on us. To me this is a game to others just good business.

Why not just advertise 2 for $99 shipped and everyone wins but this is just one person comments and suggestions . Just hate the adding prices up and up but they do look neat!
    Last edited by USAFRet; 03-18-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,476 Posts
    There is no such thing as "free" shipping.

Yes us vendors really like to "milk more out of you" just for fun...
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    07-26-2019 @ 11:59 AM
    Thanks

i agree there is no free shipping so....

so why not include the shipping in the price if you want to be upfront with everyone and just include the shipping in the price?

Understand your a vendor but I was not saying bad things about their product just why they couldn't include it.

If it would make you feel better I can remove this so no one else will be offended.
    BigJim55 likes this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    There is no such thing as "free" shipping.

Yes us vendors really like to "milk more out of you" just for fun...
    Come on Kenny. Why don't you offer Bolt-On Prime with free two-day shipping? Get with the times!
    Kennyd, PaDave, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRet View Post
    so why not include the shipping in the price if you want to be upfront with everyone and just include the shipping in the price?

Understand your a vendor but I was not saying bad things about their product just why they couldn't include it.

If it would make you feel better I can remove this so no one else will be offended.
    I don't think that anyone is offended, but I think you're implying that the R2 Guys (as well as other vendors) are trying to do something shady where shipping is involved. I know that there are some businesses that want their shipping department to be a profit center (I know this because I install accounting systems with warehouse integration and I know that many companies will mark up their shipping costs - but that's a discussion for another day), but many just want to cover the actual, direct shipping costs.

While your suggestion to just say "2 for $99 including shipping" might sound OK at first, you have to remember a couple of things. First, R2 doesn't always ship Edge Tamers in pairs. Many people only order 2, but many people also order 3 (one for the middle). I would imagine that some people might order 2 of one size and 1 of another. Also, many people are ordering "Edge Extenders" which I bet ship in the same box with Edge Tamer, so no extra postage. But, if you order the Extender later, you're going to pay for shipping. So if they "included shipping" in the Extender price but shipped it in the same flat rate box with the Edge Tamer, the consumer gets ripped off. All these guys are doing is trying to give the best deal they can for shipping.

In Kenny's case, I know that he does everything possible to pack as much into a single flat rate box as possible. I also know that if his website estimates more shipping costs than he actually incurs, he issues a refund. Not only does that take money (that you've agreed to pay when you placed the order) out of his pocket, it also costs him in time to process the refunds so his "pay per hour" is reduced due to the additional administrative costs.

It's up to you - the consumer - to decide if you want to pay the "total price" or not. I've actually got stuff in my Rural King shopping cart right now that I decided to not order because of the $157 shipping cost on a large post hole auger. And I've gotten 3 or 4 "reminder emails" from Rural King trying to get me to place the order. Instead, I'm still shopping around to see what the best total price I can get on what I need. This past Friday I was shopping for "1 Gallon Containers" like what you get plants in from the garden center. I could order them for under 30 cents each. So I decided to order 200 of them (don't ask why! ) The shipping was somewhere around $250!!! I don't think so!! As long as the website allows me to see the shipping cost before I have to put in my credit card info, I'm OK with it.

Don't think for a minute that companies like Titan and EverythingAttachments really give "free shipping". That's why they offer "discount prices" when you pick it up yourself.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (03-20-2018), bmichael (03-19-2018), Drifterbike (03-19-2018), Jet Dr. (09-21-2018), Kennyd (03-19-2018), Superglidesport (03-20-2018), TheR2Guys (03-19-2018)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    While your suggestion to just say "2 for $99 including shipping" might sound OK at first, you have to remember a couple of things. First, R2 doesn't always ship Edge Tamers in pairs. Many people only order 2, but many people also order 3 (one for the middle).
    That's what I did.

I would imagine that some people might order 2 of one size and 1 of another. Also, many people are ordering "Edge Extenders" which I bet ship in the same box with Edge Tamer, so no extra postage. But, if you order the Extender later, you're going to pay for shipping. So if they "included shipping" in the Extender price but shipped it in the same flat rate box with the Edge Tamer, the consumer gets ripped off. All these guys are doing is trying to give the best deal they can for shipping.
    Again... that's what I did.

Don't think for a minute that companies like Titan and EverythingAttachments really give "free shipping". That's why they offer "discount prices" when you pick it up yourself.
    The practice I mind is those high minimum shipping charges from some places. They may be warranted by details unknown to me but having to pay $10.00-$15.00 shipping for a few O-rings that could have been shipped in an envelop for a first class stamp is tough to swallow.
    DRobinson, BigJim55 and coaltrain like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

TheR2Guys (03-19-2018)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast