• 1 Post By Pedals2Paddles
  • 2 Post By MN_Pete

Thread: First use of bucket and edge tamers for snow on the gravel drive

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Thanks

First use of bucket and edge tamers for snow on the gravel drive

So our "dusting to an inch" turned into about 6" today. So I got to use the bucket and edge tamers for the first time. As Tim frequently points out, "it isn't perfect but it sure beats a shovel". What made this operation imperfect was the very soft, unfrozen, uneven gravel. It is early in the season, the ground isn't frozen, and we had several inches of rain last week. So even with the edge tamers, it was frequently sinking in and digging. So it's a bit messy, but certainly got the job done. I could never have done it at all without the edge tamers. If the driveway wasn't so soft, I think it would have been much smoother. For $100 alternative to a $1400 plow, I'm quite happy!

For the most part, I had the loader in float, and was constantly adjusting the curl on the fly. As I felt it start to catch on the stone, I would curl it back a hair. Or curl it down if it seemed to be floating too high.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LRM_EXPORT_175825454701404_20181115_164502308.jpeg   LRM_EXPORT_175966414663884_20181115_164723268.jpeg   IMG_20181115_160143.jpg  
    1026r | 60D | CID Pallet Forks | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch (extended hook) | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pedals2Paddles For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (11-15-2018), Fade2Blk (11-16-2018), TheR2Guys (11-16-2018), Tractor Tim (11-15-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Thanks
    I like my edge tamers I use them the same way loader in float and control the curl I was out playing with mine in the back of the yard earlier today and I don't believe I destroyed any grass will see when the snow melts this weekend pitcures are in the mcut thread
    Last edited by bmichael; 11-15-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Tractor Tim and TheR2Guys like this.
    brian
    2016 2032r, h130 fel, 62d mmm, ballast box, frontier box blade bb20065,jd I match quick hitch, frontier land plane lp1160, jd independent mower lift, kens bolt on hooks, artillian forks and front hoe bucket, r2 3" edge tamer tarter 6 foot land rake

1989 jd 826 walk behind snow blower

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    So our "dusting to an inch" turned into about 6" today. So I got to use the bucket and edge tamers for the first time. As Tim frequently points out, "it isn't perfect but it sure beats a shovel". What made this operation imperfect was the very soft, unfrozen, uneven gravel. It is early in the season, the ground isn't frozen, and we had several inches of rain last week. So even with the edge tamers, it was frequently sinking in and digging. So it's a bit messy, but certainly got the job done. I could never have done it at all without the edge tamers. If the driveway wasn't so soft, I think it would have been much smoother. For $100 alternative to a $1400 plow, I'm quite happy!

For the most part, I had the loader in float, and was constantly adjusting the curl on the fly. As I felt it start to catch on the stone, I would curl it back a hair. Or curl it down if it seemed to be floating too high.
    You got photo bombed by your 4 legged supervisor in the second photo! Ohhh the comments that could be made....
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    LOL. That was intentional.
    wentonbrown, bmichael and Fade2Blk like this.
    1026r | 60D | CID Pallet Forks | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch (extended hook) | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Thanks
    Was the supervisor "commenting" on the fact it was snowing, or on your snow removal skills, haha, just kidding!
    wentonbrown likes this.
    1025R TLB
    42" Artillian pallet forks
    6 ft Steel Express snow pusher
    2048L Box blade
    OTC cab
    54" JD snow blower
    RB2072 Rear blade
    Pat's Easy Change 3 pt hooks
    Agri-ease rear quick hitch
    Woodland Mills WC46 wood chipper

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    She loves the snow. Runs around like a lunatic all over the yard chasing phantoms, diving into it, digging in it, etc. In this case, it didn't last long because it had turned into wind driven sleet and I felt like I was getting sand blasted.
    mark02tj likes this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Thanks
    [Marlin Perkins narrating]
    Welcome back to Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Our photographer, Pedals2Paddles, has waited patiently for hours to get a glimpse of this amazing creature, Canine Domesticus, heeding the call of nature. Meanwhile, we've sent Jim Fowler over to free an angry bear that has been caught in a trap. Jim? ... Jim?

mark02tj and TheR2Guys like this.
    RIKI - 2018 1025R FILB, warning light brush guards, block heater, aux rear work light, Ken's diff lock pedal
    120R FEL with 53" bucket, Ken's bolt on hooks, BXpanded Piranha toothbar
    260B BH with 16" bucket, BXpanded Quick-On Connector, BXpanded Talon Ripper
    54D MMM, autoconnect, mechanical lift
    HF quick hitch, Titan 36" pallet forks
    Alex - 1999 LX255, 42C deck with bagger

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements