Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Quick Edge Tamer question...

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    Mine came with a couple fender washers. Don't remember the exact size as I threw them in my nut/bolt/washer organizer bin. Less likely to get lost. If I need to use them, I just grab a couple fender washers out of there. Exact size isn't very important, as long as they're bigger than the bolt.
    Wouldn't you need the hole in the washer to be smaller than the bolt so the bolt tip doesn't pass through and touch the bucket?
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks
    Ok, you got me

If the hole was too big, I guess you could fill the hole with more fender washers
    jgayman likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks

Threaded bolt

Make sure the bolt is completely threaded. I had a hard time finding them and ended up getting them from R2.
    I could find the correct size, but they weren't completely threaded. The washers keep the bolt from walking while tightening.
    Kennyd likes this.
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfishin View Post
    Make sure the bolt is completely threaded. I had a hard time finding them and ended up getting them from R2.
    I could find the correct size, but they weren't completely threaded. The washers keep the bolt from walking while tightening.
    You can get 1/2-20 x 2-1/2 inch fully threaded Grade-8 hex head bolts from McMaster-Carr. $5.21 in single unit quantities.
    Catfishin likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    You can get 1/2-20 x 2-1/2 inch fully threaded Grade-8 hex head bolts from McMaster-Carr. $5.21 in single unit quantities.
    My gut says that R2 sold them to him much cheaper than that.
    Catfishin likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #16
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:16 PM
    Thanks
    Alright, sorry it took us so long to reply…

jgayman, you are correct on the bolt, thank you! For what it’s worth, that information is listed on our FAQ here: I lost my bolt!

coaltrain, I don’t remember if we sent them to you or not, but we have for the last several years.

Oncebitten, let us know what you find in terms of the swivel pads! We went for the simplest solution, as Kenny said, but if people find something else works better, we’re listening. One thing is that the current simple solution is the least expensive, and we’re always mindful of our customers’ wallets. But if there's something out there that works even better...
    jgayman, OxPath, coaltrain and 2 others like this.
    -John Deere 970 w/FEL
    -John Deere 175 Hydro w/38" deck for mowing
    -1983 EZ-Go 3 wheel golf cart, because it's fun
    -Kubota BX2230 w/60" MMM & FEL
    -John Deere X320 w/48" deck for mowing

Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders available: http://r2manufacturing.com
    See the videos for yourself!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheR2Guys For This Useful Post:

jgayman (09-11-2019), Tractor Tim (09-12-2019)

10. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    Alright, sorry it took us so long to reply…

jgayman, you are correct on the bolt, thank you! For what it’s worth, that information is listed on our FAQ here: I lost my bolt!

coaltrain, I don’t remember if we sent them to you or not, but we have for the last several years.

Oncebitten, let us know what you find in terms of the swivel pads! We went for the simplest solution, as Kenny said, but if people find something else works better, we’re listening. One thing is that the current simple solution is the least expensive, and we’re always mindful of our customers’ wallets. But if there's something out there that works even better...
    Not an issue at all - they work just fine as is.

I am so happy to have them especially as I spread $700 worth of new gravel on my driveway this year. The Edge Tamers will save my new gravel!
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

TheR2Guys (09-12-2019)

12. Top | #18
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Not an issue at all - they work just fine as is.

I am so happy to have them especially as I spread $700 worth of new gravel on my driveway this year. The Edge Tamers will save my new gravel!
    Same here... they work just fine sans washer. :-)
    Tractor Tim and TheR2Guys like this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

TheR2Guys (09-12-2019)

14. Top | #19
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheR2Guys View Post
    So I think the easiest way to approach this is to simply weld some 1/2-20 steel nuts onto some 1.125" dia x .250" thick steel discs (pads) since I don't see anything commercially available. I am looking into whipping up fifty (50) of them since there isn't much cost involved.

That being said, I don't want to step on any toes. Maybe the good folks at R2 Man will trade me an Edge Tamer or two for the majority of the ones I make. Lol...

I'll keep everyone posted...
    2016 1025R, FEL, 60" MMM, Artillian 42" forks, Artillian loader bucket, Frontier 48" box blade, Turftime 54E plug aerator, I-Match, everything Heavy Hitch makes, everything Ken's Bolt On makes...

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2