1020 Aftermarket power steering?

Thread: 1020 Aftermarket power steering?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks

Thumbs up 1020 Aftermarket power steering?

I have a 1966 1020 and interested in adding aftermarket power steering. Has anyone on here added this to their older tractors with manual steering? I am interested in hearing about if they were satisfied or dissatisfied after they installed it. There are a few kits that are available, but wanted to do some homework before purchasing. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Camlocker75 View Post
    I have a 1966 1020 and interested in adding aftermarket power steering. Has anyone on here added this to their older tractors with manual steering? I am interested in hearing about if they were satisfied or dissatisfied after they installed it. There are a few kits that are available, but wanted to do some homework before purchasing. Thanks.

Charlin probably makes a system for this. Someone can correct me if I spelled the name wrong. My father has a few of these kits on various older tractors. I don't know this tractor but he has two 2010s and both have factory power steering. I am surprised the 1020 would not of had it.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Camlocker75 View Post
    No experience with the aftermarket version, but I would be tempted to hunt down a Deere part through a salvage yard. The one downside is that you risk picking up a shot column that you would need to rebuild, and there's a TON of seals and parts in that section.

Here's the repair manual section about the power steering system
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements