• 1 Post By drhutch
  • 1 Post By drhutch

Thread: Resurrecting Frankenstein aka 39 L

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-13-2019 @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks

Resurrecting Frankenstein aka 39 L

I picked up Frank in September. This is a 39 L that somebody had swapped out the original motor with a pinto power plant and transmission. I was told it sure was fun to drive but it had set for quite some time and a tire was rotted out so no test drives for me. The good thing is that they had kept all the original sheet metal, motor and the rest of the parts so... I had me a project.
    First pic is coming home. Complete in all it's pinto power Formall H tin and flat tires.
    Second is close up of pinto.
    Third is de pintoed and ready for farmered tabs to be ground off.
    I now have it pretty much back to bare frame and ready for the sand blaster. I haven't taken out the support they put in for the trans mount and don't know if I will as it adds strength and is mostly out of sight.
    I will continue to add to this thread as the project progresses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coming home.jpg   Pinto.jpg   UnPintoed.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks

A plea for info for Frank

To anyone has an L or perhaps an LA would work also. As you can see from the last pic the original motor mount tabs have been torched off. I would like to have pics and or measurements of what the original ones looked like so I can fab and weld on new ones.
    Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
    Hutch
    JD4044M likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks

A couple of months later...

Well I got it de-tabbed ( removed all of welded on motor mounts for Pinto). Took it to the local blaster and had it blasted to bare metal. I purchased a couple of front wheels and am in the process of cleaning them up in my cabinet. Next will be remove steering shaft, cut out the pipe repair and fix it so it don't have a visible repair. Still haven't contacted a local club member that has an LA to get motor mount specs so I can fab / repair what was cut off. As you can see from the pic there is another project ongoing at the same time, the 1.5 hp E. Just cleaning it up to paint.
    Till later...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5379.jpg  
    JD4044M likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements