Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2018JD

Thread: Where to find replacement lights

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks

Where to find replacement lights

So, I bought a 2010 and I'm not trying to completely restore it but just fix it up to use. It needed a couple of new lights (and switch etc.) I went to the local JD dealer and they ordered the light they said fit it. It did not. They then ordered two from another tractor parts company called a&i products. Still didn't fit right but I'm making it work. New problem: I lost the nut that goes on the hollow post. it is a 9/16 hex nut with unef of 24 per threads per inch. It is impossible to find. At this point I'm ready to buy a whole new light if I can find one from a different company and one that will fit better. Does anyone know of a good place to find lights to fit older tractors like the 2010?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks
    I'm looking at your profile. Where are you located? If you are in Canada, Try Princess Auto, I've bought a few diffrent lights there for assorted projects, their catalogue is on-line, and they ship. Their motto is 'no sale is final until you are satisfied' or something like that. They also have a number of boxes of assorted nuts, nylocks, washers, cotter pins, o-rings, bolts, electrical connectors, hooks, etc. It's twenty miles from my place to the closest hardware store so having a few extras in the garage saves a lot of time, gas, and frustration. My other favourite place is Amazon. Good Luck.
    Last edited by NotYourGrandfathersDeere; 02-07-2019 at 11:37 AM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    05-24-2019 @ 04:00 PM
    Thanks

Start at the beginning...

So... when I was rebuilding the little Missy 112, I ran into the same kind of problems. I went to the JD website and (at that time) their parts catalogs were in a "Drop Down Menu" format.
    Filled with old numbers to cross reference with newer resources. NOW... because some "M.I.T. I.T. Idiot " graduate has gotten hold of it, it has become some "pick this, select that" type format. I would give you the "old link" but it just defaults to the "new link"

Still... it is a place to start to get a "part number" for your specific model in which you can enter into google and find either comparable aftermarket parts... or... on [fl]Ebay or Craigs list searches.
    Also... old independent JD dealers may have that part still lying around. Don't rely on "chain" dealers because they order only when they need it and stock only consumables. Good luck. P.M. me if you got any other questions.

John Deere Parts | Parts & Services | John Deere US

http://www.searchalljunk.com/ (WHAT AN APPROPRIATE NAME !)

All of Craigslist
    Last edited by 2018JD; 02-16-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    jdforever likes this.
    MSG/E8 U.S. ARMY RETIRED (26 yrs)

1972 John Deere 112 (refurbed myself) Electric Lift, Electric PTO, 49" Deck
    2018 JD 2032R 220R Quick Mount Loader, 270B Backhoe, Quick Hitch, 2060 Box Blade, 2060 Rotary Mower, Quick Mount Fork Attachment, Leinbach Post Hole Digger w/ 6"/9"/12" augers, Titan 60" Landscape Rake, Power Beyond Kit, Canopy, Factory Engine Heater , R4 Industrial w/Ballast, ..AND.. 10 Year Drive Train/Maintenance Warranty

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfarmer View Post
    So, I bought a 2010 and I'm not trying to completely restore it but just fix it up to use. It needed a couple of new lights (and switch etc.) I went to the local JD dealer and they ordered the light they said fit it. It did not. They then ordered two from another tractor parts company called a&i products. Still didn't fit right but I'm making it work. New problem: I lost the nut that goes on the hollow post. it is a 9/16 hex nut with unef of 24 per threads per inch. It is impossible to find. At this point I'm ready to buy a whole new light if I can find one from a different company and one that will fit better. Does anyone know of a good place to find lights to fit older tractors like the 2010?
    It Kind of Funny But A&I Products has Been a subsidiary of Deere & Company since 2010
    I am Just surprised A&I didn't Have it

Do You Have the original Deere Parts Number for the Lights By Chance ?
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 12:41 PM
    Thanks
    Having a `68 2020 with the original lights forward and aft, I'd strongly suggest looking at some of the brighter led lighting available now if your not restoring it. You would certainly end up with less draw and better lighting. Ridgid makes some nice stuff but I also know some folks have gotten good results with cheap Chinese led's.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Thanks
    Last edited by MDrew; 02-20-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added new link
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-01-2019 @ 01:46 PM
    Thanks
    If you want LED lights that fit the factor holes I would check Tiger Lights I put a couple of theres in the front of the fenders and put there headlight kit on our 4430 and they are awesome compared to the after market LED's I put on the roof.

But if all you need is the nut I may have one that will fit on an old housing. The one I have came out of the front of the fender of our 4430 so I'm not sure if the nut would fit your application but I can try to take it up to our parts house and check the size if you cant find one.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements