• 1 Post By Fozsey

Thread: CL ad in NH: Deere 455

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks

CL ad in NH: Deere 455

Hiya,

Not mine, nor do I know the poster so your on your own, however, if you need someone to go look at it, I can do that.

Seems to be in good condition although the pictures are dark. Ad says it's serviced and it comes with a 3pt, deck, front blade, chains, sprayer and a thatcher

https://nh.craigslist.org/grd/d/john...326617782.html
    OxPath, BigJim55 and SulleyBear like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=tomd999;2238106]Hiya,

Not mine, nor do I know the poster so your on your own, however, if you need someone to go look at it, I can do that.

Seems to be in good condition although the pictures are dark. Ad says it's serviced and it comes with a 3pt, deck, front blade, chains, sprayer and a thatcher

https://nh.craigslist.org/grd/d/john...326617782.html[]

Looks good through the fog but hours are awful low and the mower deck looks rough. Scammer? Hmmm
    Last edited by Fozsey; 09-30-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,360 Posts
    The 455 is a great machine. I have had one since I bought it new in 1996.

However, some critical parts availability for this machine are becoming a problem. I have needed a new steering assist hydraulic cylinder since June and the part is on national back order and is being sourced to a new supplier and won't be available until at least December. My dealer put in an Emergency / Machine Down request and NO ONE had this part in stock nationwide.......

I just checked yesterday on the latest status of this critical item......This is the first time I have encountered this problem with parts availability on this model and it turns out, my tractor hasn't moved since June because of this back ordered problem......Plus the part is nearly $400 when it is available. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.......Just FYI....

Looks like the platform on that one has been painted, you can see that in the photo which shows the main safety decal on the platform hump.

Hours are low, if they are accurate. Most of those 20 plus year old machines have anywhere from 800 to I have seen as many as 4,900 hours.....Mine is about 2,600 hours right now.......

I really don't know why people post such dark photo's when all they have to do is drive it outside or open the door and let some light in......

But I also wonder why people create Yard Sale signs and others which are intended to be read from a passing car at speed, yet they are written in a size where you have to hold the sign to be able to read it..... Happens all the time.

The deck sure looks filthy in that one photo or is missing a bunch of paint. Can't really tell what is going on.

Based upon my knowledge of these machines, it's price is on the higher side for what they sell for and the equipment included. I would also say the seat has been replaced, but that's ok, they spent nearly $200 for the seat so the next owner won't have to........

These machines are notorious for having the Differential Lock shaft seal needing replacement and also for the other hydro case seals to require attention (as much due to years and hours). But those aren't a big deal if one has some mechanical skills and a decent set of tools.

The low hours help.....The snow plow and front attachment are able to be sold all day long for $700 (assuming the lower wear bar hasn't been worn off the plow and the bottom edge of the plow destroyed and I have seen that many, many times). In fact, I bought two of those plows who had the wear edges worn off and made them into my new custom plow.

I would say this is a good buy (if it is as it appears and the hour meter works or the dash hasn't been replaced) at about $4,000 to $4,200...............including the plow and front quick attachment.

In my opinion and experience with these machines, It would be worth the money asked if it included either the MC519 cart and deck pulley driven blower or if it included a 47" two stage snow thrower.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements