• 4 Post By jcobb40
  • 5 Post By Franked

Thread: Buyer Beware John Deere Tractors in Bostic, NC

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks

Buyer Beware John Deere Tractors in Bostic, NC

Long story short, do not waste your time dealing with this guy, first and foremost he is a liar. I drove 330 miles to buy a tractor from him, every specific question I asked which were BIG things were all lies. Asked specific about the tires were told they were good, they did have good tread but both rear tires had monster gashes in sidewalls and had been vulcanized back together. Secondly this 6320 I went to look at supposedly only had 2700 hours which was very low for the price, in the craigslist ad he had a picture of the dash. When I arrived the dash a huge burnt spot in the center and was not even functional. Serial number plate was gone. Tractor was full of rust and the battery box was rotted out and gone. Numerous other things were wrong, all minuscule besides the other stuff. After leaving and doing further research the guy is an exporter and refurbishes tractors. Completely misrepresented himself and the fact of the matter is had he been truthful about everything I would have still bought the tractor, it was a good price but heavily misrepresented and by time I was there 5 minutes I didnít trust anything he told me. Just a word of warning for anyone looking for tractors on Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcobb40 For This Useful Post:

AKfish†(10-29-2017), Kloudbuster†(10-24-2017), Mar524ak†(10-22-2017), ridesdirt†(01-18-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,020 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Craigslist = caveat emptor.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Currently has 3 listed.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    I see no ads for a 6320 with 2700 hours, but I did find the ad for the 6400, but it had no picture of the dash like you stated in your post. Something stinks...

Now, I don't know the seller or potential buyer at all, but I think some care should be taken here with regard to the portrayal of stated seller. Also, as coaltrain pointed out, be very aware that not all things are as they seem, especially when it comes to Craigslist. There are good sellers on this site, but others are not quite on the "up and up".

That said, I'd wouldn't personally trash a seller on a forum which has wide reach just because the merchandise wasn't to your expectations. You drove a long way to see it, I get it, but just because you are disappointed doesn't mean the seller is dishonest.

Just my opinion. But, you know what the say about opinions, they are like rear ends, everyone's got one.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    I see no ads for a 6320 with 2700 hours, but I did find the ad for the 6400, but it had no picture of the dash like you stated in your post. Something stinks...

Now, I don't know the seller or potential buyer at all, but I think some care should be taken here with regard to the portrayal of stated seller. Also, as coaltrain pointed out, be very aware that not all things are as they seem, especially when it comes to Craigslist. There are good sellers on this site, but others are not quite on the "up and up".

That said, I'd wouldn't personally trash a seller on a forum which has wide reach just because the merchandise wasn't to your expectations. You drove a long way to see it, I get it, but just because you are disappointed doesn't mean the seller is dishonest.

Just my opinion. But, you know what the say about opinions, they are like rear ends, everyone's got one.
    I understand completely this happened almost two months ago but I ran across the other listings yesterday. The story I got from him was he bought the tractor new and just recently he had a buddy of his to repaint it for him, didnít need paint but he had him paint another tractor for him and looked good so he had it done. My first impressions were as soon as I saw it, had came from the sugar cane fields in Florida or it had been used on a beach somewhere. Again he reiterated he didnít know where all the rust came from and never had noticed it. He came down almost $4,000 on price trying to get me to take the tractor. The tie rods were worn slap out on both sides, seat had been replaced with an aftermarket seat when the pictures on Craigslist had the OE Deere seat in it. Never once did he say I buy junk tractors, fix them and sell them but thatís exactly what he does, he polishes turds. The next day I called a buddy at Deere which I should have done from the get go to have saved myself some time and diesel fuel and in fact the tractor was sold to the Guy Harvey resort in the Florida Keys in 2007. Everything he told me was a bold faced lie, this tractor floated on and off of Craigslist for about a month before I went to look at it. I called on a Thursday after it had been reposted and he told me someone had put a deposit on it and was coming to pick it up on Saturday. Well, on Tuesday the seller called me and said the guy backed out and it was mine if I wanted it. Again I asked all the same questions, does it start and run fine, tires, etc. My thoughts is the buyer that put the deposit down had the exact experience I had when he actually saw the tractor in person. This gentlemen is just not trust worthy, if he told me the tractor was green I would have a hard time believing it. I didnít by any means create this post to trash the man, I just donít want anyone unknowingly buying something from him and not knowing what they are walking into.

AKfish, Kloudbuster, tj1 and 1 others like this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jcobb40 For This Useful Post:

Kloudbuster†(10-24-2017)

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    With all the hurricanes there will be a lot of machines insurance companies cash out and go to auction making their way around the country so be careful and along with the normal inspections maybe pull a few wire connections or fuses. Unfortunately there will be some unsavory people that will be looking for the fast buck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Franked For This Useful Post:

jcobb40†(10-23-2017)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements