• 3 Post By coaltrain
  • 1 Post By Nch209

Thread: Pittsburgh, PA Craigslist Deals

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-08-2019 @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks

Pittsburgh, PA Craigslist Deals

While surfing my second favorite internet site today while eating lunch, I did a quick search for "John Deere" in the farm and garden section of Pittsburgh Craigslist. Must be a Dealer clearing out old stock in New Florence, PA as there are a couple hundred posts of parts by part number from cabs and glass to hydraulics to tie rod ends... no affiliation whatsoever, but thought it might help out someone else.

Here's an example:

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/gr...507293308.html

etcallhome, Tomfive, Levi and 3 others like this.
    4044R - H180 - KBOGH - Pallet Forks - 84 Front Blade - I- Match - Fit Rite Top Link - Woods PRD 8400 - Landscape Rake

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JD322 For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (03-05-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,958 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Thanks!

Here is some cool stuff I saw that may be interesting to a few members, wonder if they will ship?

See if this search works: https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/se...ery=john+deere

----------

Single SCV Install Kit

John Deere Part# BM19532
    John Deere Tractors:

-------------

4510 - TRACTOR, COMPACT UTILITY 70 HYDRAULICS [70] / REAR AUXILIARY HYDRAULIC KIT [01J11]
    4710 - TRACTOR, COMPACT UTILITY 70 HYDRAULICS [70] / REAR AUXILIARY HYDRAULIC KIT [01K15]
    4610 - TRACTOR, COMPACT UTILITY 70 HYDRAULICS [70] / REAR AUXILIARY HYDRAULIC KIT [02D03]
    John Deere Part # LVB25098

------------------

John Deere Part # LVB25306 -
    Hitch Kit
    FRONT HITCH (4210-4410)
    Missing hyd cylinder assembly

------------------

John Deere Part # BM22618
    John Deere Heavy-Duty Fender Guards
    The heavy-duty fender guards provide a modern and aggressive appearance for all Gator™ HPX and XUV models.
    Large, 1.75-in. (44.45-mm) diameter tubing provides superb protection for the front grille, lights, and fenders
    Conveniently installs to predrilled holes in the vehicle's foot pedestal area and at the ends of the standard bumper
    Compatible with Gator HPX model year 2004-current, XUV 620i, and XUV 850D Utility Vehicles, and all John Deere cabs

------------------

John Deere Part # LVB24869
    Vertical Exhaust For John Deere 790 Compact Tractor.

----------------

John Deere Part # BM23671
    UTILITY VEHICLE
    GATOR - UTILITY VEHICLE; 4X2 - UTILITY VEHICLE; TRAIL - UTILITY VEHICLE; 4X4 - UTILITY VEHICLE; HPX - UTILITY VEHICLE; HP - UTILITY VEHICLE; X - UTILITY VEHICLE; 620I - UTILITY VEHICLE; 850D - UTILITY VEHICLE; XUV - UTILITY VEHICLE;

---------

JOHN DEERE PART # TY16042
    John Deere CAT 2 Quick Hitch

--------

JOHN DEERE: Hyd. Quick-Connect Coupler - 31-3720 POWER BEYOND FIELD KIT -
    John Deere Part# LVB25505
    John Deere LVB25505 power beyond kit 3120, 3320, 3520, 3720, 4105
    Missing some minor parts, see images for list of missing parts

-----------

John Deere Power Beyond Kit #LVB25220
    Fits 4500, 4600, 4700 series tractors
    Allows accessing hydraulic oil at rear of tractor
    for operating attachments equipped with an open center control valve.

----------

Lots of powerflow units.
    Lot's of mulch kits.
    Quite a few MMM's.
    Lots of MMM attaching parts
    Quite a few mid-PTO shafts
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (03-05-2018)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-08-2019 @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    When I clicked on the google map link inside of Craig’s list the location pulled up as Maple Mountain Industries / Builders Surplus. In the mid 2000’s Deere grouped up all the mom and pop dealers in our area as I’m sure the same in other areas of the country, Maple Mountain Equipment was our dealer chain after the consolidation . Over the course of a few more seasons Maple Mountain Equpiment was bought out by West Central Equipment, still our dealer chain today.

I have no confirmation of their current situation, but I suspect that Maple Mountain is just cleaning out their warehouse. I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t ship, but a quick call would confirm.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buil...29908464617128

https://www.google.com/search?q=mapl...CcKz5gL8lJDIDg
    4044R - H180 - KBOGH - Pallet Forks - 84 Front Blade - I- Match - Fit Rite Top Link - Woods PRD 8400 - Landscape Rake

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JD322 For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (03-05-2018)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD322 View Post
    When I clicked on the google map link inside of Craig’s list the location pulled up as Maple Mountain Industries / Builders Surplus. In the mid 2000’s Deere grouped up all the mom and pop dealers in our area as I’m sure the same in other areas of the country, Maple Mountain Equipment was our dealer chain after the consolidation . Over the course of a few more seasons Maple Mountain Equpiment was bought out by West Central Equipment, still our dealer chain today.

I have no confirmation of their current situation, but I suspect that Maple Mountain is just cleaning out their warehouse. I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t ship, but a quick call would confirm.

Maple Mountain Uniontown and Washington Pa stores were bought out by Middle Town tractor Fairmont, WV
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

JD322 (03-05-2018)

11. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD322 View Post

yeah-when them stores closed-we had one right here in Bedford,Pa. so nice to be able to get certain things without having to drive an hr now. now the one fella who was a son of where i bought my 2520 at in 06. told me later on that they was selling things at my store for less than what he was selling them for at there business.(parts, oil,etc.,) i do know i bought several 5 gal buckets of oil off of them, as they was cheaper on lts of things. he claimed this is what drove them to have to shut down

i've seen this place in New Florence advertise lots of jd things over the last few yrs. was gonna ride up one day just to look around. i do believe they are still running a hdwe store there yet.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

12. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 2,189 Posts
    Maple Mountain equipment is why I don’t have a dealer near me now.

They took over the local dealership, moved to a very small location, and displayed all their overstock vanities and flooring in the showroom. Wouldn’t even had known they were a Deere dealer. And then one day they were gone.
    ky_shawn likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Same situation in my region. 1 large corporate dealership chain eventually purchased all of the small independent locations and it sucks! Their focus is on the large Ag equipment with the exception of one location in a town that's about a 40 min drive away. Sure all of the locations carry/sell compact tractors/lawn equipment and getting parts through any of the locations is fairly easy however the service SUCKS. Maybe others have excellent luck with them but not so much for myself. Any time I have questioned having things done by the service department it's a "bring it on in and drop it off, we will work it in when we can" situation. The service department is always backed up with Ag equipment and they have far more techs servicing those machines than the small stuff. The Kubota dealers and the Kioti dealer in the area are smaller "mom and pop" type locations and I really believe the service they can offer is why there is so much orange in my area. I never had a problem getting parts AND service on the orange tractors I previously had. I really feel like if something happens to my John Deere I better figure out how to repair it myself or just go rent another tractor to use while my 3520 sits at the dealer waiting for repairs. It's realizing how the large corporate dealer in my area operates AFTER owning a JD compact tractor and several zturn mowers that has shown me how important this GTT site really for an owner of smaller JD equipment.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 03-06-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 2,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    Same situation in my region. 1 large corporate dealership chain eventually purchased all of the small independent stores and it sucks! Their focus is on the large Ag equipment with the exception of one location in a town that's about a 40 min drive away. Sure all of the locations carry/sell compact tractors/lawn equipment and getting parts through any of the locations is fairly easy however the service SUCKS. Maybe others have excellent luck with them but not so much for myself. Any time I have questioned having things done by the service department it's a "bring it on in and drop it off, we will work it in when we can" situation. The service department is always backed up with Ag equipment and they have far more techs servicing those machines than the small stuff. The Kubota dealers and the Kioti dealer in the area are smaller "mom and pop" type locations and I really believe the service they can offer is why there is so much orange in my area. I never had a problem getting parts AND service on the orange tractors I previously had. I really feel like if something happens to my John Deere I better figure out how to repair it myself or just go rent another tractor to use while my 3520 sits at the dealer waiting for repairs. It's realizing how the large corporate dealer in my area operates AFTER owning a JD compact tractor and several zturn mowers that has shown me how important this GTT site really for an owner of smaller JD equipment.
    I agree. I am 100% dependant on the GTT gurus for any repairs I may need. Becuase of Deere’s dealership consolidations and buy outs I am now left without a dealer at all. If it ever comes a time for me to buy something new it will likely be Kubota now - at least there is a dealer 1.5 hours away.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

15. Top | #9

Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 10:28 PM
    Thanks
    I bought from this seller in the past, and the quantity of STUFF he has is absolutely mind boggling. Think crates full of parts... and absolute mountain. Lots of little gems, and then a crate of gas caps, and then gear boxes off of batwing mower mixed in. It was a pretty crazy place and a very nice seller, but when I was there nothing was organized and most of the big ticket deals were long gone. Keep an eye on CL, he tends to update stuff often.

The deal of the day when I was there was a new/wrecked 4520 cab tractor with loader. Needed some glass, and obviously cosmetic stuff that occurs when it falls off a trailer when out for delivery, but the big kicker was the tranny was cracked in it. My friendly JD dealer talked me out of it, but I always wonder if someone bought it and what that had into it to get it right. I was scarred to make an offer for fear of hearing SOLD! LOL!
    BigJim55 likes this.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements