• 1 Post By mark02tj
  • 1 Post By rowdy*rodney

Thread: David Bradley Walk Behind Set

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Thanks

David Bradley Walk Behind Set

FS David Bradley with plow, disk and drag. Appears to have been restored. New tires, all parts work as they should. Located in SE WI. For $1000 it could be yours!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DB Set.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	588201

Name:	DB Plow.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	588209
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I would entertain a reasonable offer.
    Mike

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Thanks
    My Gravely's would probably get upset at having to share the shed with the David Bradley!

I was watching the restoration show on the History channel a while back. This is the show that was a spin off of "Pawn Stars". Some guy brought in an old David Bradley to have it restored. They quoted him 9 or 10 grand to do it and he went for it. All he wanted it for was to put-put around the yard to pull the grandkids in a little cart. Some people!

Good luck on the sale! They are neat old tractors.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Wow what did they do to it for that kind of money? This one isn't a $10K restoration. If someone wanted to offer that I wouldn't be opposed.
    BigJim55 and mark02tj like this.
    Mike

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    My Gravely's would probably get upset at having to share the shed with the David Bradley!

I was watching the restoration show on the History channel a while back. This is the show that was a spin off of "Pawn Stars". Some guy brought in an old David Bradley to have it restored. They quoted him 9 or 10 grand to do it and he went for it. All he wanted it for was to put-put around the yard to pull the grandkids in a little cart. Some people!

Good luck on the sale! They are neat old tractors.
    i believe that show was called American Restoration by Rick somebody i believe i fell off my lazy boy that night that show aired some of them people godly amounts of this for such far out projects, and all i wanted was a lonely old Pepsi machine redone-jeepers. wife would never ok it

Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    Wow what did they do to it for that kind of money? This one isn't a $10K restoration. If someone wanted to offer that I wouldn't be opposed.
    sure u would take that amount wouldn't ya
    MDrew likes this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Thanks
    I don't remember all the details, but it was mostly cosmetic. They might have had someone rebuild the engine. But they certainly didn't take it apart and meticulously rebuild it. They did build the little cart for Grandpa to sit on while he as at the controls of the tractor.

I tried Googling the show for you but couldn't find it. I did find a couple of interesting threads about it though, including this one...
    https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120448

Those guys said it was a $12k restoration!

I never watched the show all that much - mostly just would watch it while I was taking a lunch break during the work day. They seemed like a bunch of idiots, including the main guy's kid. They don't really have any expertise in anything except sandblasting and spray painting. I saw one episode where they "restored" an old neon sign from some historic building in a little town. The townspeople raised the money ($15k??) to pay for the restoration. Just for kicks, I googled that episode and saw that the townspeople ended up getting their money back from the show because they screwed it up so bad and had to send it to someone else that actually knew what they were doing.
    MDrew likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 05:49 PM
    Thanks
    FS David Bradley with plow, disk and drag. Appears to have been restored. New tires, all parts work as they should. Located in SE WI. For $1000 it could be yours!

Name:	DB Set.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	588201

Name:	DB Plow.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	588209
    We had one just like it growing up. My Dad filled the rims with concreate to make a dome. That thing would pull a house after that. This made it a potato planting machine. Grandpa modified the plow to make the hills for the potato's. When it was time to harvest , we used the field cultivator attachment to unearth the taters. My job at harvest was to drive the Ford 9N with a home made wooden box on the three point to haul the taters to the house for washing and send them down the coal shoot for storage in the fruit cellar. That is what Dad had all us kids around for was to work.
    BigJim55 likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements