Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By q1968

Thread: John Deere 400 Garden Tractor (1979) for Sale - CT

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-17-2018 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks

John Deere 400 Garden Tractor (1979) for Sale - CT

I have a 1979 400 garden tractor for sale, located in central Connecticut.

The tractor is in very good shape mechanically - original K532 runs well and doesn't smoke or leak. There is some creep in the hydrostatic trans, but nothing severe.

Cosmetically it's good - all the body panels are present, no major rust. The headlight harness is missing, but the lenses are present in the hood. It will need new taillights if you need rear lighting. All 4 tires are turf-type, and the fronts are less than 5 years old.

The sale will include the 60" mower, model 50 snowblower, and 4-way hydraulic front blade, as well as rear wheel weights installed on the tractor, a set of tire chains, and a few miscellaneous spares. All the attachments work, but the mower needs some welding at one of the attachment points, and a new roll pin in the drive assembly. See photos, the pin let go late last fall and I got it going again with a big cotter pin. The front hydro connectors leak when an implement is connected to them. I have one new quick-connect installed, and that one seems to be OK. I have 2 more new ones that will go with the tractor. The snowblower chute cables were just replaced last winter.

I have had it for about 18 years, and it has a little under 900 hours showing on the meter.

Asking $3,000 for everything. PM me for contact information if interested in looking at it. I have more photos available, and if you want something specific I can take additional shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1527.jpg   IMG_1528.jpg   IMG_1529.jpg   IMG_1533.jpg   IMG_1534.jpg  

IMG_0059.jpg   IMG_0061.jpg   IMG_0062.jpg   IMG_0064.jpg   IMG_1523.jpg  

BigJim55 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements