• 2 Post By rob257
  • 2 Post By Fozsey

Thread: JD 318 Complete w Deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-22-2019 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks

JD 318 Complete w Deck

This JD 318 is complete with original mower deck. It is a parts or restoration tractor with original sheet metal, hood/rims rear tires. Cosmetics are 80%+ with no damage. Tractor Serial # M00318 X 012295. Onan P218 G Engine (original to tractor) is Model I/18462C with Serial # L8936282 48 " Mower Deck with no damage and good spindle bearings and 4 yr old paint. Serial plate MIA due to varied sandblasts and rebuilds on the deck over the years

This was a one owner tractor since new from Sterner's Hardware/Supply in Hanover, Pa circa 1989/90. Garage kept until 6/18 due to death of owner. I have personally maintained this tractor since new.

The tractor has the original hour meter with a total time of 3876.1 hours on it. The meter stopped working about May 2017 at which time the tractor was taken out of service. The engine surges wildly on startup due to governor needing rebuild. Engine uses oil/leaks some. Starts and runs and can be driven with some care. Trans pump leaks badly at imput shaft (Pump probably needs rebuild) but aft of pump transaxle is fine.

Forward/reverse control needs rebuild/bushed and shock absorber replaced. 85-90% seat.

Pics on request to anybody with a cell phone that accepts pics. Send me the Cell Phone # and wife will send pics. Local pickup only just south of Littlestown, Pa in Maryland.

$600.00 or maybe we can talk.

Forgot to mention. Mowing tractor only. Never used with a front implement or anything heavier than a lite trailer on the rear hitch. Duel Hydraclics & brakes.
    Last edited by rob257; 08-30-2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added info
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob257 View Post
    This JD 318 is complete with original mower deck. It is a parts or restoration tractor with original sheet metal, hood/rims rear tires. Cosmetics are 80%+ with no damage. Tractor Serial # M00318 X 012295. Onan P218 G Engine (original to tractor) is Model I/18462C with Serial # L8936282 48 " Mower Deck with no damage and good spindle bearings and 4 yr old paint. Serial plate MIA due to varied sandblasts and rebuilds on the deck over the years

This was a one owner tractor since new from Sterner's Hardware/Supply in Hanover, Pa circa 1989/90. Garage kept until 6/18 due to death of owner. I have personally maintained this tractor since new.

The tractor has the original hour meter with a total time of 3876.1 hours on it. The meter stopped working about May 2017 at which time the tractor was taken out of service. The engine surges wildly on startup due to governor needing rebuild. Engine uses oil/leaks some. Starts and runs and can be driven with some care. Trans pump leaks badly at imput shaft (Pump probably needs rebuild) but aft of pump transaxle is fine.

Forward/reverse control needs rebuild/bushed and shock absorber replaced. 85-90% seat.

Pics on request to anybody with a cell phone that accepts pics. Send me the Cell Phone # and wife will send pics. Local pickup only just south of Littlestown, Pa in Maryland.

$600.00 or maybe we can talk.

Forgot to mention. Mowing tractor only. Never used with a front implement or anything heavier than a lite trailer on the rear hitch. Duel Hydraclics & brakes.
    BigJim55 and ctrider like this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks

Well Fozsey..

I'm growlchy tonight so I'd shouldn't reply..but I will.... if you'd learn to read ya could got some pictures. You and yours stay safe & well! Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

New Price

Reduced to $500.00 - then it's gonna go into to the garage for a personal rebuild. I described worst case scenario for a fair sale but I can use a winter project to keep my winter helper going. He's 17 and in Vo-Tech so it'll be educational for him anyway.

Rob

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements