140, 316K, 54C Belly Blade, 49 Snowthrower, etc.. Making space in Central IL.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Emeribd
  • 1 Post By Emeribd

Thread: 140, 316K, 54C Belly Blade, 49 Snowthrower, etc.. Making space in Central IL.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 02:50 PM
    Thanks

140, 316K, 54C Belly Blade, 49 Snowthrower, etc.. Making space in Central IL.

I just upgraded to a new 1025R TLB with MMM, & now I need to clear out some things due to lack of space (plus I need to replenish the tractor fund for attachments). All items located in Central IL between Peoria & Galesburg. I'm not sure about pricing & really need the space so I'm open to offers. I tried to include as much info as I can think of but let me know if you have questions or need more pictures. Posting here, WFM, & a few other places.

1. '72 140 H3. Asking $400 OBO. Not running, but great old tractor. Includes what I assume to be original 46" mower deck (model 48, F059 tag I think). This was a mowing favorite for everyone. I have had this for about 9 years. Three summers ago my stepson was mowing with it & said he thought he "smelled a belt rubbing" so he shut it off. It would not restart after being looked over to make sure the belts were okay. As far as I can tell, the motor acts like it is locked up. I had intentions of tearing into it & getting it going again, but time has gotten away from me & I need to move on. I believe everything is original except the starter, carburetor, & flywheel (which I changed several years ago due to hard starting from missing teeth). There is a very small leak from the rearend, I believe from the pumpkin halves. There are a couple cracks in the hood & one piece missing at the front left corner from when my stepson tangled with a tree branch. I still have the piece if you want to patch it up. I believe there is also a small hole in the grille from one time that it was put on incorrectly & rubbed on the crank bolt. The seat is pretty rough, but serviceable. I'd really like this to go to someone that can return it to its former glory (or at least put the old girl back to work), but if there is absolutely no interest I will consider parting it out. Has been garage kept.

2. '78 316K (closed frame with single cylinder 16hp Kohler motor). Asking $750 OBO. Runs well & has been used as our main mower for several years, but currently has a charging issue. I think the rectifier/regulator has gone bad. When hooked up to a voltmeter the stator provides plenty of AC voltage but there doesn't seem to be hardly any DC voltage coming from the rectifier to the battery. I have just kept a battery tender on it lately as I haven't really had the time to mess with it further. Tractor has a bit of creep. I am a large person so I installed extra support springs under the seat support arms at the back. Tractor includes 4 wheel, 46" deck (that could use a good cleaning & possibly blades) from later, open frame 300 series tractors (was used on tractor before 50" deck & has correct draft arms), rear ag tires, & original rear turf tires & wheels. The battery was bought new this spring IIRC. The rear wheel weights, 50" mower deck, & front & rear homemade weight brackets/bumpers shown in pictures on tractor are not included, but the rear weight bracket/bumper is available. If time allows, I will try to get this stuff dismounted & new pictures posted. This was my first Deere I got back in 2002. It has been a good old war horse. I hate to see it go, but I don't have space for it. It does not have the original motor. The original broke the rod a few years back. The motor in it is out of another '78 316K that I bought for mowing at my mother-in-law's place that had a really rough body. After she passed away I tried to sell it with very little interest so I swapped motors & sold the rough one as non-running. Has been garage kept. I believe I may even have some tune up stuff (air filter, spark plug, etc.. that I'll throw in).

3. 54C Center Blade with hydraulic angling. Asking $700 OBO. It includes homemade rear mounting brackets & one adjustable link. You should be able to use the other adjustable link for a mowing deck from your tractor on the other side. It has a notch cut out of the upper frame to clear the hydraulic tube on 300 & 316K tractors. I have used this once on my driveway since I got it several years ago. Has been stored in garage on dolly.

4. 49 Snowthrower (I believe this is the "tall shute" model). Asking $425 OBO. Should work well, but I believe the inside of the shute could use a paint job. I bought this several years ago & have never had enough snow to use it. I have always used my blade/homemade "scoop shovel". After purchase I brought it home, opened it up & checked it over, lubed the chain, & changed the gearbox grease. I then hooked it to the tractor to test it. It worked perfectly so I packed it up & it has sat at the back of the garage since. I was told this was a barn find by the seller. There is a bit of rust on the drive pulley from sitting but I don't think it affects function. Includes a belt that should fit 318 garden tractor & for the right price I'll throw in some rear tire chains. Has been stored in garage on dolly.

5. I also have some miscellaneous parts from tearing down & scrapping out a few tractors over the years. I believe most parts are from a later open frame 316 with the Onan motor but a few are from closed frame 300 series tractors. I know there are some hydraulic lines, hood hinge hardware, front hood upright, console side panels, a fender deck, some small electrical parts, & possibly a set of mower deck arms for an open frame tractor. I believe there are also a couple of steering columns for closed frame 300 series tractors, possibly a set of mower deck shields for a 46" deck, & a deck shute. I honestly have no idea what kind of shape any of this stuff is in as I haven't dug around in it for quite a while, but if you need anything ask & I'll see what all is in there. I'd really prefer not to ship anything, but for smaller items I might consider it.

I'm not really good at uploading pictures, but here's some below & I have others available on request. Please forgive the mess as we have several projects currently in the works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 140 FTLT SM.jpg   140 LT SM.jpg   140 RT SM.jpg   316 GRP LT SM.jpg   316 GROUP RT SM.jpg  

54C FT SM.jpg   54C RR SM.jpg   54C BRKTS SM.jpg   49 BLOWER FT SM.jpg   49 BLOWER RR SM.jpg  

Last edited by Emeribd; 09-10-2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Added info
    Levi, BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The 140 & 54C belly blade are currently pending. The 316K & 49 blower are still available. If I'm way out of line on price feel free to shoot me an offer. Thanks.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The belly blade is sold & gone. The 140 is still pending as the potential buyer is trying to work out pick up arrangements. The 316K & 49 blower are still available. I forgot to mention it in my original ad, but I think I have a homemade bracket for the blower chute swivel rod that should fit a 318 that we copied from my brother's factory bracket. We made it & then I think I stuck it in a box since I've never used the blower. I'm not sure if I ever even painted it. I'll have to look around & see if I can find it, but if I can find it & the buyer wants it I'll include it. All offers considered. Thanks.
    Levi likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The 140 was sold & picked up last night. The 316K & 49 blower are still available. I already removed the wheel weights from the 316K &, if I don't get to it sooner, I hope to get the rest of the stuff that doesn't go with it removed this weekend & get some updated pictures to avoid any confusion.

I have these items listed a few different places & I'm not getting a lot of interest in them. I assume that means, at least in part, that I'm probably asking too much. I have also had a chance to look things over a little bit more closely. The 46" deck included with the 316K is in rougher shape than I remembered, & the blower has a little more surface rust on the auger than I originally noticed when I quickly pulled everything out & took pictures. I'm going to drop my asking prices here & on WFM for forum members first & make a larger initial drop than other places. I think they are more likely to go to a good home if someone from the forums buys either of them.

For forum members my asking price on the 316K is now $675 & my asking price on the 49 blower is now $375.

Thanks

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

Blower sold & 316K update

49 Blower sold over the weekend. The 316K is still available.

316K update: Runs properly now. I finally got the charging issue fixed last weekend (11/3/18). I also installed a new spark plug, new air filter, & new fuel filter last weekend (11/3/18). No longer have tune up stuff to throw in with sale as the stuff I was going to include is now already on tractor. Probably due for a grease job & oil change but otherwise tractor should be good to go. I checked date on battery & it was new September 2017. I'm sure the deck could use some cleaning & TLC. Tractor has had to sit outside since beginning of October due to lack of space. Asking $650.

Updated 316K photos:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	316K LT.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	5.86 MB 
ID:	655630

Name:	316K RT.jpg 
Size:	6.90 MB 
ID:	655632

Name:	316K FT.jpg 
Size:	6.95 MB 
ID:	655634

Name:	316K RR.jpg 
Size:	7.08 MB 
ID:	655636

Name:	DECK TIRES1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	6.28 MB 
ID:	655638

Name:	DECK TIRES2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	6.77 MB 
ID:	655640
    Last edited by Emeribd; 11-06-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    2018 1025R FILB (120R, 260B), 60D MMM w/ Load-N-Go, Auto connect, Premium LED light kit & guards, Block heater, Ken's bolt on hooks, seat springs, & diff lock pedal, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Edge Tamers & Extenders, Gremlins?

1990 318, Homemade 3pt hitch, 54 Blade w/ homemade scoop, 30 Hydraulic tiller w/ homemade 3pt mount, Homemade weight brackets

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements