Did I price 2032R w/attachments fair???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Did I price 2032R w/attachments fair????

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    The spooky part of selling something of this value is the Payment.

We ( Dad & I ) are trying to sell His boat. Went in & asked the bank what is the safest form of payment.

Conflicting answers and it boiled down to cash...BUT.... Have buyer meet at your bank.

Your bank then runs cash through the counter /counterfeit detecter....BTW any bad cash is gone. You/He don't get it back.

There just isn't a real good answer and it makes selling Big ticket items that much more of a pita

Bank recommeds too have Buyer hand them the $$..Extremely high volume of bad cash floating around right now
    Last edited by theduke; 06-17-2019 at 03:18 PM.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Toughsox like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 07:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goat704! View Post
    The tractor in your ad picture is a Gen 1 and not the new Gen 2 which will command a better resale price.
    Not sure if your saying I have it under priced or over. You see, sometimes I'm not smarter then the average bear.
    Last edited by racetra; 06-17-2019 at 03:24 PM.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    JD2032r

4. Top | #13

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:34 AM
    Thanks
    My opinion - you’ve got a nice 20k “package” there.

What you might try is offering all for 21k. If the buyer insist on haggling tell em 20k cash for all. If they want more of a discount - tell them pick which implement they can live without and counter.

Implements CAN hold value on their own, but it’s a tougher sale. The lower priced you go - the ease of buying new is a bigger concern. Why search all over for a “used” piece at $250 when new is orderable for $300. Buyers will take convenience over a 20% savings most times.

Avoid listing retail price paid. Smart buyers know the market - stupid buyers aren’t worth trying to educate...you’ll spend more time on them, grow frustrated and let it carry over to potential buyers. Let the people who get paid to sell deal with them. If your searching out a 25k tractor - presumably your just not browsing craigslist and stumbled upon your ad thinking - “I need one of those”.

Starting high gives you haggle room - but too high discourages interest. If you price too low you’ll figure it out quickly and can say no to negotiation - a lot harder to try and play hardball knowing you’ve had a single inquiry in a month.
    Levi, BigJim55 and mark02tj like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:34 AM
    Thanks
    Forgot to add one key point.

Yes, Deere financing is a key point your missing - BUT you have a selling point a dealer doesn’t. No Sales Taxes.

Your market tends to be higher priced than the South and Central US. As well from memory there are no sales tax exemptions and tax is comparably high to other regions. 10% offsets the interest on a 5 year credit union loan at 6% basically. So when the buyer says - I can get 0% at Deere - remind them your aware of that and then point out they’d be financing in taxes and show the interest total on a 5 year note at 6% total - then remind them of the price of a new 2032 with loader and no attachments and the payment. In the end they come out cheaper with yours AND get extras.

Payment logic - been practiced by successful salespeople for years. Have 2 sheets - one showing a 2032 price from Deere and one showing loan amortization on your unit at full price.

7. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    Forgot to add one key point.

Yes, Deere financing is a key point your missing - BUT you have a selling point a dealer doesn’t. No Sales Taxes.

Your market tends to be higher priced than the South and Central US. As well from memory there are no sales tax exemptions and tax is comparably high to other regions. 10% offsets the interest on a 5 year credit union loan at 6% basically. So when the buyer says - I can get 0% at Deere - remind them your aware of that and then point out they’d be financing in taxes and show the interest total on a 5 year note at 6% total - then remind them of the price of a new 2032 with loader and no attachments and the payment. In the end they come out cheaper with yours AND get extras.

Payment logic - been practiced by successful salespeople for years. Have 2 sheets - one showing a 2032 price from Deere and one showing loan amortization on your unit at full price.
    You guys are making interesting comments which gives me much to think about. Again, thank you all.
    JD2032r

8. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Good news! A guy and his nephew drove here from Queens, NY and gave me a $1000.00 non-refundable deposit. The reason for it to be non-refundable is because I’ve been getting a lot of calls the last couple days including people coming tomorrow and Monday. He is taking the whole package for $21,500. He tried really hard to get me to go lower. After getting your guys thoughts on prices, I lowered the tractor a thousand and the attachment by $50ea. While in the garage with these guys and looking at the attachments, I’m thinking this is a real sweet deal for $21,500, so I wouldn’t budge. I did sweeten the deal and threw in a 3pt boom and a Husqvana chain saw. My thought is if you want and need this package and have the money, you can’t pass it up. Anyway, I’m content and it will pay for a new garage at the new house. I took the deposit to the bank to make sure the money is good. I told them they would pay the balance to me at the bank and they understood. He also wants my X754 witch I need to pick up at the dealer Monday. Since I have a X394 and the new place is much smaller I may sell it to him. Sometimes when buying green, my heart stops for a second at the prices but, when selling you feel better. Selling these items will help me do things at the new place.
    Kennyd, mark02tj and Treefarmer like this.
    JD2032r

9. Top | #17

Last Online
    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Thanks
    That's great news! Congrats!

Sent by Tapatalk using the tiny keyboard on my phone. That explains the typos!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2