• 2 Post By Bill Berger

Thread: Need to re-home my '88 318

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks

Need to re-home my '88 318

Hiya,

I need to find a caring family for my 318. I've reached the saturation point for the currently enclosed space here and we have a another green bundle of joy arriving soon.

Second owner, first owner was my Deere dealers shop manager's family, really clean original '88 318 w/ solid 46" deck, complete 3pt hitch and MCS upper brackets

Details: P218, 614 hours, runs outstanding, no smoke, fresh Amsoil synthetic oil last week and I fuel with aviation ethanol free "auto gas".
    starter improvement kit, lights right off, no oil leaks, no odd noises, cooling fins, shrouds and oil coolers cleaned out with compressed air after every mowing, stored inside since new. Hydrostat is tight, responsive, quiet and powerful on the hills, no leaks, driveshaft is tight, hydrostat fluid and filter changed last week with low-vis Hyguard, sight tube replaced, all pivot points lubed while I had the seat and lower pans off. The hydraulics are top notch, levers are tight, no leaks or weeping. Honestly, there are no issues, everything works 100%, every time.

Front tires were replaced a few years ago, rears are checked slightly but hold air well, steering cylinder is original and does not leak, rod ends are good, control valve has good feel and doesn't wander. Paint is original however has been touched up around the battery box, the engine covers and grill have been rattle can painted at some point by the first owner. The decals and warning labels are original and all present except the fuel petcock res-on-off label. The seat cover is cracked where they all crack but I'll throw in a repaired one with the tractor. Tractor and deck owners manuals included.

Mule drive is solid, pivots are tight, adjustment thumb wheel is easy to turn, pulleys and bearings are very good as is belts. Mower deck is solid but has been repainted. Spindles are free however the bearings are getting a bit loud for my liking, I was going to run them this season and change them in the fall, I have new Deere bearings that I will give you. New set of Deere blades as of last week, one cut on them and I'll throw in the sharpened old set.

If I had the space, I would keep this however, I honestly don't use it that much anymore and I really want to sell this to someone that will keep, appreciate and enjoy using it as it is one of the nicest original 318's I have ever run across. I'm in New England and I'm not going to lie, prices are higher here than other areas so I'm asking what I consider a fair price for the condition based on location, $2400 without the 3pt hitch setup, $2700 with the 3pt. Not really looking for anything in trade but will listen if you have a Powerflow MCS for a 62D/2520 or a 60" broom for an A frame front hitch on a 3320. I'll work with you for shipping and I may be able to negotiate a back haul to the upper mid-west/Canada from the carrier delivering the new green bundle next week or so.

Tom

I have more pictures, I'll email them to you at full resolution if you PM me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0110-35.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	46258
    Levi, Jeff R. and Bill Berger like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:55 AM
    Thanks
    Sweet looking baby girl like that shouldn't last long at all on the free market.
    Good luck and God speed with your sale.
    Levi and Jeff R. like this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks

Price Drop, running out of room quickly

Hiya,

Dropping the price by $200 so $2200 or $2500 with the 3 point setup.

I should also note that I did a couple mows with it and the hours are now 622.

I'll throw in a few filters with it, 2 hydro and 1 oil, all Deere brand.

I'm looking for up to ten 42Lb suitcase weights, if you have any we can work those into the deal.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements