Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 3pt hitch?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 03:17 PM
    Thanks

3pt hitch?

I've noticed while using my 3pt hitch with implements I occasionally have to readjust height cause it bleeds down on its own. I have 1023. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moweec For This Useful Post:

Southsidehacker (02-28-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    I would have it checked at the dealer. Some leak down is normal. Leave the attachment on and have it checked. Are you under warranty?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    My 2305 with 600lbs takes about a week to bleed down. The further it drops the fadrer it bleeds but it has more leverage against it as it starts to bleed down faster.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 03:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    I would have it checked at the dealer. Some leak down is normal. Leave the attachment on and have it checked. Are you under warranty?

Yes. Still under warranty

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moweec View Post
    Yes. Still under warranty

In that case.. Have it checked.

Levi likes this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    The 1023 3 point valve has no feedback to the control valve so there isn't anything in the hydraulic circuit to cause the system to maintain a position on the rockshaft, not to mention testing the leak down rate is very arbitrary at best. Unless the leak down is extremely noticeable, assigning an exact amount of time it will take for a 3 point to leak down is not practical.
    There is no counterbalance (holding) valve on the rockshaft cylinder so the cylinder is held up simply by the control valve. All valves have internal leakage which will allow cylinders to leak down, how fast depends allot on internal leakage and the weight hanging on the cylinder.

So how to test, with a load hanging on the 3 point with the tractor setting still, raise the rockshaft a close the rate of drop valve. The rockshaft should not leak down with the rate of drop valve closed. It is does, there is an internal leak in the rockshaft cylinder.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    deleted due to my advice not being possible.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 03-01-2017 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Was educated on the 1023
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    When you notice the implement has dropped while using is the rockshaft control lever still in same spot you left it? I have had the nut holding the lever get loose many times on a couple of tractors that while using the lever simply vibrates itself down and I'll have to pick the implement back up. Often there is a washer on the control lever that will wear out causing the drop on the 3 point as well
    The 1023 does not have position control.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    The 1023 does not have position control.
    It doesn't have a lever for raising and lowering the 3 point? What is the op readjusting height with? I understand what position control is, I've owned a tractor without it but it still had a control lever for the 3 point that sure enough would get loose and wouldn't hold the implement up unless I kept the lever tight.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 03-01-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    It doesn't have a lever for raising and lowering the 3 point? What is the op readjusting height with? I understand what position control is, I've owned a tractor without it but it still had a control lever for the 3 point that sure enough would get loose and wouldn't hold the implement up unless I kept the lever tight.
    My understanding is that the position of the lever (1023) is always neutral unless you are adjusting the height. Unlike the position control where the position of the lever corresponds to the height of the 3pt.
    BigJim55 and ky_shawn like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast